New AES release updates

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Quick update from Rikkyo, New Power Instinct AES will be released April this year, while Metal Slug 5 for July 2003, for the source of info, click here

<a href="http://www.rikkyo.ne.jp/esd/yoshikun/" target="_blank">http://www.rikkyo.ne.jp/esd/yoshikun/</a>

I was hoping SNK vs Capcom would come out first, well, any new release is good news

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
I dont think we'll ever see SNK V Capcom.The only reason I held out hope was that Shawn said it was coming.
There are so many reasons this game wouldnt come out and now I think that was the case.

I mean
a) Would this really be a huge arcade hit.In the big arcade markets of south america and the middle east arcade going kids are hardly going to distinguish between the 2 capcom games and this SNK one.

b) mainstream mags consider the whole Capcom V SNK thing done and dusted.

c) I just dont beleive capcom would just let their characters be used by SNK/Playmore.

d) so that leaves us the aes market. Are they really going to make that much money on 500 home carts.

I hope im wrong and I trust you'll convince me otherwise

c)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Most probably will be released on an other arcade system.

Possibly on the Naomi. We have to admit, the end is near. Hope I'm wrong.

This would be the only title I'd be looking to get upon release.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
vincewy:
well, any new release is good news
That my feeling as well.

Neo geo lives on and it is real magic for me.

Neo geo,MORE than 10 years and still kicking.

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
rugal2000:

a) Would this really be a huge arcade hit.In the big arcade markets of south america and the middle east arcade going kids are hardly going to distinguish between the 2 capcom games and this SNK one.

b) mainstream mags consider the whole Capcom V SNK thing done and dusted.

c) I just dont beleive capcom would just let their characters be used by SNK/Playmore.

d) so that leaves us the aes market. Are they really going to make that much money on 500 home carts.

I hope im wrong and I trust you'll convince me otherwise
Just to try and keep everyones spirits up I'll try and convince you otherwise:

a - The kids can distinguish between KOFs enough to make it worth their while to keep churning them out every year.

b - Mainstream mags haven't given a crap about Neo games for the last 5 years (if ever). That didn't stop them from releasing games.

c - SNK and Capcom had an agreement to allow each other to use their characters, this was all signed up back when Capcom was releasing CvsS. Hence SvsC Cardfighters. If you were in a position to make a game using Capcom's characters would you pass it by?

d - Home carts are really just a sweetener at the end of an MVS release. You've got a warehouse full of SvsC kits you can't shift because the market is saturated, stick the chips in homecart shells, print a few inserts: bad-a-bing, a couple 100k pocket money.

I just want SvsC to be released, then Ghouls'n'Ghosts vs Metal Slug and I'll be a happy bastard.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
rugal2000:

The Japan market alone is a lot more than just 500 homecarts I'm sure. The local electronics store (in a city of only 330,000 people) has two copies of KOF2002, plus the one I bought, so that's three right there. When you throw in the rest of Asia, Europe, plus North and South America, you'd figure there must be quite a bit more than 500 carts.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
rugal2000:
I dont think we'll ever see SNK V Capcom.The only reason I held out hope was that Shawn said it was coming.
Actually, it was officially annouced (together with NPI and KOF2002) in the Rage of the Dragon poster as part of the 'upcoming MVS line-up'.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
FTL:
vincewy:
well, any new release is good news
That my feeling as well.

Neo geo lives on and it is real magic for me.

Neo geo,MORE than 10 years and still kicking.
I'm totally with you on this issue Simone.

Can't wait for Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku as well.

The art for that game IS ace!

What I really hope now, is the game to be a step forward to Rage of the Dragons.

Yes, 'old' SNK reached a real pinnacle of the NeoGeo soft, being THAT skilled with the hardware.

Now, seems that new companies are working with the Neo.

We can't aspect another Mark of the Wolves to be created anyday, or any soon.

What do matters in this moment, is Playmore is still clearly supporting the Neo.

And if we're to see any improvement in the upcoming games, that would be even nicer.

Right, more that TWELVE YEARS of the Neo.

What an incredible system!

garou_d

Aero Fighter,
Shito:
Right, more that TWELVE YEARS of the Neo.

What an incredible system!
AES : Advanced Entertainement System

I like the word Advanced. so advanced that it's still here. you right shito - an icredible system. the best ever built.

<small>[ February 01, 2003, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: garou_d ]</small>

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Why is it that you twats think that the 300-500 carts Shawn gets are all that are released in the home market. We've seen this said in lots of threads lately. Yeah he has exclusive rights to ENGLISH releases. God damn remember the link to Magic Box last March where 2001 sold 6000 copies in the first week in Japan. I'm sure they all bought the game from Shawn. This is out of character for me but in the last few months people have just been posting the straight up wrong information all the time. Opinions are opinions and there is nothing wrong with that but people have been posting so much shit as fact lately it's driving me crazy.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
EvilMike:
Why is it that you twats think that the 300-500 carts Shawn gets are all that are released in the home market. We've seen this said in lots of threads lately. Yeah he has exclusive rights to ENGLISH releases. God damn remember the link to Magic Box last March where 2001 sold 6000 copies in the first week in Japan. I'm sure they all bought the game from Shawn. This is out of character for me but in the last few months people have just been posting the straight up wrong information all the time. Opinions are opinions and there is nothing wrong with that but people have been posting so much shit as fact lately it's driving me crazy.
Well said.
Some members were marking in a stupid way that lackluster sales of some english home carts would mean a general decrease of the neo geo interest.

Neo geo is(as another topic reads"pretty much alive".

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
SNK VS CAPCOM will be released on NEOGEO MVS as it is annouced officialy since one year by PLAYMORE!

For sure! It's not known when but it will!
You can discuss to know what will be the fighting system, about what the characters will be, about what the graphisms will look like, but you can't doubt the game will not be released on NEOGEO MVS mr_t

SNK VS CAPCOM SNK side is coming!!!!

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
die, before you become an embarressment, move your software engineering talent to new more powerful hardware.

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Origionally posted by neogoat:

a - The kids can distinguish between KOFs enough to make it worth their while to keep churning them out every year.

YEAH COS THERES A NUMBER DIFFERENCE. ITS JUST I DONT THINK SWITCHING THE CAPCOM V SNK INTO SNK V CAPCOM IS GOING TO MAKE MUCH OF AN IMPACT IN DOWNTOWN KUWAIT CITY.SO MAYBE THE TITLE NEEDS TO BE EXPANDED.

b - Mainstream mags haven't given a crap about Neo games for the last 5 years (if ever). That didn't stop them from releasing games.

EDGE AND ARCADE IN THE UK STILL COVERED THESE GAMES OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS.GAMEFAN GAVE SLUG 3 100% 3 YEARS AGO.GAMESMASTER REVIEWED ALL THE 98 GAMES AND KOF99, AND THE POCKET GOT HYPE.PLUS EDGE JUST HAD A 10 PAGE SPREAD ON AES. BUT MY POINT IS, MAINSTREAM MAGS CAN HELP TO SELL A RELEASE OF SNK GAMES ON 3RD PARTY CONSOLES LIKE PS2 AND G CUBE.THATS WHERE THE MONEY IS AND SURELY PLAYMORE WANT TO RAISE R & D FUNDS FOR NEW MVS/AES RELEASES BY MAKING MONEY ON THE SAFER PS2 PLATFORM??
BUT IF THE MAGS THAT WOULD HYPE SUCH A RELEASE ARE CONFUSED OR HAVE APATHY TOWARDS A SERIES THEY THOUGHT DONE AND DUSTED, THEN PLAYMORE ARE GOING TO LOSE MORE MONEY

SLUG 3 IS AN EXAMPLE OF A GAME THAT IF REVIEWD AND HYPED BY GAME MAGS COULD GET EXCELLENT SALES.

BUT AS FOR THE REST , YOURE RIGHT ABOUT THE AES RELEASES BEING A END PRODUCT OF MVS AND YEAH I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT THE FULL AGREEMENT.AND ITS TRUE I CONFUSE SHAWNS RELEASE LIST WITH WORLDWISE RELEASES. WHICH ARE A SEPERATE THING.

OK MAYBE IT WILL COME OUT!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Scalpeur:
SNK VS CAPCOM will be released on NEOGEO MVS as it is annouced officialy since one year by PLAYMORE!

You can discuss to know what will be the fighting system, about what the characters will be, about what the graphisms will look like, but you can't doubt the game will not be released on NEOGEO MVS mr_t

Actually, there is some specualtion, due in part by Trieu, that makes us believe it won't come out for MVS. Actually his comment was, it will deffinetly be released, but not necessarily on the MVS... So, just FYI, we have no idea what that meant, whether it be new hardware or etc... And since Trieu has proven time and time again to be in the know, I am not one to question... I will simply wait and see.

As for the release, he also said to expect it around late September of this year, which fits right in with the every three month release schedule... April: NPI, July: MS5, Oct: SvC

-Nick

<small>[ February 02, 2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: nruva ]</small>

NeoGoaT

Mickey's Coach
nruva:
Actually, there is some specualtion, due in part by Trieu, that makes us believe it won't come out for MVS. Actually his comment was, it will deffinetly be released, but not necessarily on the MVS... So, just FYI, we have no idea what that meant, whether it be new hardware or etc... And since Trieu has proven time and time again to be in the know, I am not one to question... I will simply wait and see.
-Nick
I remember Trieu's comments and they did make me doubt we would see SvsC on MVS but Vinh is in charge of the MVS price guide and he has SvsC listed there so ...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 5????!? Damn, that's interesting to say the least. I don't care at this point really, I am not looking at this (AES new release) half empty, it is more like 90% full for me! :D I don't mean that in a negative way, I am just glad we are getting new home releases, it is great to hear, regardless.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
This is interesting. If your saying there are 3 MVS/AES games this year and thats how it's been for a bit then theres something to think about. We have PI MS5 and SVC. So is it possible KOF will not be released? or is KOF always just a garaunteed release? Also IMO this may be the Neo's final year before Playmore will move to new technology. The Neo Geo is great and did great considering what it was stacked against. But lets face it. No matter how good the games are they wont atract the audiences that they'd hope for. To get good audiences they're gonna need more than kick ass game play IMO.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I don't think it would make ANY sense at all for Playmore to move into a new technology/hardware.

Neverless, I think KOF2003 is coming as well this year! :)

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
nruva:
Scalpeur:

As for the release, he also said to expect it around late September of this year, which fits right in with the every three month release schedule... April: NPI, July: MS5, Oct: SvC

-Nick
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Trui the one who said that SNK VS Capcom was coming to MVS?

It would be pointless for Playmore to release SNK vs. Capcom on a different system; who would their target audience be, the mainstream? That's laughable at best if you ask me. In the end, the only people who would flock to this version would be those who currently own Neo-Geo systems and / or ports on other systems, so why not skip the formalities and just leave it on MVS?

<small>[ February 02, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm sure KoF 2003 is coming. Whether you like KoF or not, the series is probably Playmore's biggest money-maker by far.

Also, I'll bet money that SNK vs. Capcom will come out, it's just a question of for which system(s). :cool:

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
ENOUGH OF THIS! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SNK VS CAPCOM AND CAPCOM VS SNK!?

No wise cracks about one being made by capcom one by playmore, whats the diff? LOL, imagine it was Plamore VS Capcom, how elton johhnny faggot does that sound? eek_2

buster_broon

The Rock,
I kinda agree with Rugal2000

This is a mega release for the Neo - but there has been no news whatsoever, only a corner of a poster mentioning - whihc could have easily been done in Photoshop

Its rumored to be released in September - but nothing, and now we are getting news of Metal Slug 5 which has only surfaced recently

Where is the official website - if no screen shots where is the character line up - nothing

This game could end up being the Neo's Unicorn

Mystical Cart which may or may not exist

To add - i want this game, in fact if its confirmed by the release of either Power Instinct or Slug 5 - i definately wont buy one of those games crying

But it seems to good to be true

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I really think that it would be completely unfeasible for Playmore to develop new hardware. First what kind of experience do they have in the hardware field? Next, their software as of late for the Neo Geo is not tops, and finally its economically better to stay with the same hardware if you can still sell some games even if it's to the select few. Because developing new hardware that may or may not make an impact can cost millions. Look at the Hyper Neo Geo 64. Cost millions and failed with only 6 or so games coming out and essentially initiated the downward slide of SNK. This is why Nintendo has always been reluctant to release new hardware. In 1990 the NES still was nearly outselling the Genesis, so they just kept it up because sales on software is 10x more profitable that profit on hardware. So I guess I'm just saying given Playmore's inexperience with hardware dev, and their proving themselves not exactly worthy of supporting their own hardware with noticeable quality software, it's better for them to just stick with a semi established system and sell games.