Chaos in Vegas?!

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Just heard from my brother that SNK vs Capcom: Chaos is going to be at GameRepair on Nellis between Harris and Washington. He bought it and should be receiving it any day now. I hope my bro is not playing a cruel prank on me. Mickey, if you are reading this, "What the Fuck is taking Gameland so long to get this game?" :mad:

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Dinodoedoe:
Just heard from my brother that SNK vs Capcom: Chaos is going to be at GameRepair on Nellis between Harris and Washington. He bought it and should be receiving it any day now. I hope my bro is not playing a cruel prank on me. Mickey, if you are reading this, "What the Fuck is taking Gameland so long to get this game?" :mad:
Don't think I've ever actually been inside the Nellis Game Repair (even tho' it's less than 2 miles from my house) -- how much room for sleeping bags do they have, for those of us who want to move in?

--Chris

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lol, I'll friggin walk there if I have to!

I really with Gameland would hurry up and get it though. I figure the price is low enough now, and I'm sure they've got a spare JAMMA cab somewhere in the back.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Called Gameland and they said that they will be getting Snk vs, Capcom Chaos real soon (weeks), but they are waiting for a 31" moniter for their new Big ass Cab! Can't wait to play it!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Well, for some reason, this little thread lost the last 4 of 7 posts made to it. Just thought I'd cut & paste them from the old UBB section while it's still available:
I just posted about Gameland getting SvC in the Vegas thread! XD

But that other place is quite a ways. Here I come, CAT buses...
Hell yeah! :D Its gonna look pixelriffic, but it'll still be nice to finally play a Neo game on a big screen!
well i may have to take a gander since i live on quarters and have plenty

:buttrock: mai-bukkake: victim of the decepticreep 15-0 kyoshiro ass fuck!!!
I love Game Repair, best store in town :buttrock:

Can't wait to hang out there and play it with y'all
--Chris

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Just thought I'd mention that the price for SvC has dropped to $495. Hopefully this is the price Gameland had in mind when they said "when its not too expensive".

Honeychan

Rugal's Thug
Sweet!

Thanks for posting the info! Like Dash No Chris, i've also never stepped inside the GameRepair...Also like Chris, i'm about 1 1/2 miles from the place..^___^ NICE!

When will they have it???

Lisa Honeychan

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Re: Sweet!

Honeychan said:
Thanks for posting the info! Like Dash No Chris, i've also never stepped inside the GameRepair...Also like Chris, i'm about 1 1/2 miles from the place..^___^ NICE!

When will they have it???

Lisa Honeychan
Big thanks to Dinodoedoe and bi0hazarD. At about 4:15pm today, bi0 posted over in General Discussion that SVC CHAOS is at the UNLV gameroom, and I just got off the phone w/DDD who told me that he'd just been over at Game Repair for about an hour playing SVC CHAOS over there. Gameland had better hurry the hell up!;)

--Chris

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Just played Snk vs Capcom: Chaos and all I want to say is that no longer care if I get this game on a true "MVS" format anymore. The game isn't that great for me to go out and buy a copy of it right away. Chaos was okay. Nothing to freak out about. The game play is very weird without dodges and the controls are very wacked! I had a hell of a time trying to do Choi specials and many of Kyo's basic moves. I hope it's just the contros on the cab. I did not have fun with the game intill I started to use the secret characters. Demetri fucking rocks and Mars People was a blast to use!:buttrock: The Snk side really does not fit with the whole look of the game. You can REALLY tell that they are old, tired, recycled sprites on the SNK side. The background realy does suck. I really wanted to LOVE this game but it not all that.:crying: I am still going to give it another chance, but I just think Matrimelee is a better game, sorry.
I'm not saying this is the worst game in the world but it's not what it was all Hype up to be. Go play it @ Game Repair on Nellis and Harris or @ UNLV. Support your local ARCADES!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

AnechoicJinx

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just played it up at the university a little. I didn't think it was a bad game...but it's not exactly a great game either. In fact it's far from a great game :( So I guess I won't be spending my time between classes on it too much.

The controls at UNLV are really fucked up. Although, since everyone is saying the same thing (maybe it's this cabinet's controls!) the game's controls just might be really shitty. It's pretty hard to jump diagonally. Moves are just generally hard to pull off.

The backgrounds really do suck. I can't really see how you could fuck up backgrounds so bad, so I didn't believe all the nay-saying. But they actually are garbage. ugh.

The pre-fight dialogue is always hilarious. I love it. I love the character roster. The game would feel pretty solid if it weren't for the controls Whatever, I'll give it a few more plays.

I dunno, I was looking forward to an excellent game that would occupy my free time at some arcades for awhile. This is not that game. Oh well. Disappointing, but I won't get all butt-hurt about it :)

I feel bad for all those people paying 325 for the AES cart though :(

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I will just buy the port and wait for the "MVS" board becomes dirt cheap. I'll wait two years and pay $50-$100 for it.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
I got my first taste of SVC yesterday, and apparently enjoyed it more than Dinodoedoe or AnechoicJinx. Probably this has much to do with their having played far more KOF (and other fighting games) in recent years than I have -- I've been collecting games non-stop, but I rarely have the time to play them. Played Earthquake for awhile (very happy he's in the roster -- fun character), then took DDD's advice and switched over to Mars People. Interesting character, but I don't think I got nearly as much enjoyment out of him/her/it as DDD did -- I'll have to get with him for a crash course in "10 reasons why Mars People is the shizzie-nizzie" (you younger members, did I use that word correctly? Oyaji wa tsurai yo!). I then spent the rest of the afternoon turning guys into girls with Demitri (had lots of fun with this -- perhaps I should seek counseling...). This is also the first SNK game where I'm actually enjoying the English dialogue, instead of wincing at it. I don't think I dislike the backgrounds as much as AJ does, but I am disappointed in them. What with all the character cameos in the KOF series (and CAPCOM's CVS games), I expected to have a little more to look at in each stage. BTW, if any locals go to UNLV to play SVC, the inlay card shows this as the button layout:

AC
BD

The cabinet actually uses this layout:

AB
CD

which actually works better for Demitri's WP-WK-SP-SK chain combo. Just figured pointing out the layout might spare one or two of you a moment's frustration (especially if you start with Earthquake, like I did, since his "kick" attacks are a mixture of kicks and kusarigama strikes).

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Just thought I'd update this thread for the sake of those who were unable to make it to the Gameland get-together last night:

Gameland now has SVC CHAOS.
50 cents per credit (hopefully, this will come down soon; their NEO games are normally only a quarter per play).
Button layout is:

AC
BD

--Chris