SNK vs Capcom: Chaos for $319!!!

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm a bit puzzled here. Video Game Depot has SNK vs. Capcom Chaos for the Neo home cart for only $319. It says its the Import version, not the US. Could this possible mean the Japanese version is going to be more common? Plus you get free shipping (I dunno about the flyers though) What do you think? Link here: <a href="http://www.videogamedepot.com/shop/product.asp?pf_id=01I0011816011" target="_blank">SvC Chaos at VGD</a>

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Assumedly, they're banking on (or have already) pre-ordered from the NeoStore. Not too long ago Shawn stated he was the official distributor of BOTH the JPN and US versions of SVC (due to the overwhelming demand for both versions from the preliminary pre-orders). That may of changed of course, but I doubt Shawn will confirm or deny whether or not VGD as indeed placed an order with the NeoStore.

Maybe they (VGD) just intend to eat it on the shipping and cost in order to drive the sale.

*shrug*

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well the shipping is storewide regardless. If you spend $150 you get free shipping.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
VGD does not need to go through Shawn to buy the Japaneese peices. You can also get either english or Jap carts from NCSX for $319. For them to get the Eng release they need to go to Shawn but again for the Jap release they go straight to the source. And also to answer another question the Jap version will be much more aboundant(SP?) than the Eng version.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Todd:
VGD does not need to go through Shawn to buy the Japaneese peices. You can also get either english or Jap carts from NCSX for $319. For them to get the Eng release they need to go to Shawn but again for the Jap release they go straight to the source. And also to answer another question the Jap version will be much more aboundant(SP?) than the Eng version.
Then they're still eating it somewhere. If the MSRP on the cart is #335, VGD is losing money for one reason or another.

Todd

Galford's Armourer
They are not eating money anywhere. They prob pay about $250 a cart or most likely even less. Just look at the Neo Store here and it says if you buy 50+ pieces you get them for $269 each which Shawn is still making a good amount of money on them. What do you think companys pay full price for something to sell at the same price?? Come on! Why would someone trying to do business take a loss on something their selling unless its a few years old and their trying to just get rid of stuff. Use the old noggin!!

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Todd ]</small>

Jim is hot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Amen! Haha I e-mailed VGD to see if they are selling the English version too. If they are, I may just have to purchase from them. It would $25 cheaper than from Shawn. spock

Freelancer

Banned
Keep in mind that the shipping method VGD uses for it's "free" shipping is UPS (United Parcel Service) and most likely the slower "Ground" option.

Sure, you'll save yourself about $20 when you factor in what it would cost with shipping from the Neostore, but in the grand scheme of things, buying from the Neostore means you'll get your game in a matter of days (not weeks) and you're also directly supporting the Neo community and ensuring that more English Neo games are released in the future.

BIG

sony fanboy
I've bought from VGD before,and their shipping method of choice was USPS Priority w/DC.

At $319+free shipping,it's a great deal for all of you who will buying SvC at release.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
B.I.GPSYCHE:
I've bought from VGD before,and their shipping method of choice was USPS Priority w/DC.

At $319+free shipping,it's a great deal for all of you who will buying SvC at release.
Am I then to assume that you're waiting for an MVS cart, good Psyche? Or perhaps will you bust some AES action for old time's sake?

:D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Did anyone else notice this....

System/Platform: NeoGeo/NeoGeo CD

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
VGD lists all their Neo games under "NeoGeo/Neo CD," so there's nothing weird about that.

As I recall, when Matrimelee came out, they were also adverting a lower price than the Neo Store, then RAISED it to the same price when the game finally released.

I could probably get the game through my store (we use VGD for wholesale sometimes) and perhaps get it a little cheaper, but I have no doubt that Shawn will get the game in stock before anyone else will, and I'm not waiting any longer than I have to. wink

Lee