new svc videos on snk-capcom

Ruuudes

n00b
hi guys, in <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com" target="_blank">www.snk-capcom.com</a> posted 3 new videos of svc: dan vs violent ken - violent ken extended and mars people vs terry
i say that for someone doen'st known yet.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
It actually starts out as Dan vs. Shiki which runs into Violent Ken vs. Kyo then into V.Ken vs. Genjuro then Mars People vs. Genjuro then Terry vs. Orochi Iori. Needless to say it's one poor quality mess with an annoying snapping noise in the background. Some matches are incomplete as well, but with all that said you should watch it anyway. :o

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
At least we get to see more little bits of fisticuffs & i believe your post which says kyo fighting is really ryo. Well Ryo is not up to fighting back against v ken, maybe he thinks he's not worth it as you can't fight at your max when your hyped up & angry.

I just wanna see kens exceed actually connect, if i don't see it in these vids, then whats the point in showing up new vids if there skill level is the same as when svc first came out.

At least i learned that v kens jump wp is a new drawn punch, i've only seen the second vid so far.

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: the_colonel ]</small>

I'm just happy I got to see some new video of characters I haven't seen yet. Thanks for the tip Ruuudes.

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

Freelancer

Banned
Great timing!

I've been meaning to see some footage of the Mars People in action!

Oh, and I pre-ordered the AES cart (ENglish) this evening! I'm so proud!!! :p wink

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
the_colonel:
At least we get to see more little bits of fisticuffs & i believe your post which says kyo fighting is really ryo. Well Ryo is not up to fighting back against v ken, maybe he thinks he's not worth it as you can't fight at your max when your hyped up & angry.

I just wanna see kens exceed actually connect, if i don't see it in these vids, then whats the point in showing up new vids if there skill level is the same as when svc first came out.

At least i learned that v kens jump wp is a new drawn punch, i've only seen the second vid so far.
Yea your right I ment Ryo, and why he's not fighting back is a mystery to me as well. Maybe he just wants to hug. :o

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Whoever was controlling Violent Ken vs Ryo was a really crap player.The others weren't to good either.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Those clicking sounds were the buttons being pressed by whoever was playing. To be honest, I think that the sound is the clearest I've heard from any vids so far, outside of the button clicking, and it seems to me like Playmore really outdid themselves compared to the somewhat dubious technical quality of the voices from KOF '01 and '02.

Also, whoever was playing Ryo sucked because...well...there was no one playing Ryo. wink He was just using him as a dummy to show off some of Violent Ken's moves without having to worry about the CPU fighting back. In other words, MVS practice mode. :p

Some of the matches may be incomplete, but you get to see the bulk of them and the outcome.

Overall, a great offering of vids. :) Can't wait for the new ones to pop up tommorow.

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I had Violent Ken's exceed used against me, by one of my friends. It was sort of a ryuuko ranbu-style thing...started with what looked a lot like his 3s hurricane kick super (it's early, I'm not even going to try to remember the name). Then, at the end, he pulls a slow-ish shinryuuken super.

But the big thing about the shouryuuken that makes it special is that it does that Rugal skull pillar thing as it hits, along with a big "whoosh", instead of the usual multiple hits. I couldn't find a sprite rip of the pillar, though, and I forget what game it's from. Not the bloody one where Rugal B. rams you against the wall in KOF '98, but the static pillar that's grey, with a skull inside it. I think Goenitz also does it. I forget.

Did a LOT of damage. Lost that round, but I think I still won that match. Violent Ken didn't do enough damage, in my opinion.

He seemed pretty lame, to me. Everyone says his teleporting dash is super-duper powerful, but not only does it look dumb, but it really isn't that effective. Other, non-boss characters in other fighters have teleporting dashes, like Lei-Lei. It ends up being only slightly better than a normal dash, imo.

The only thing I really like about SvC is Goenitz getting hit with the Midnight Pleasure. That sprite keeps popping up on SvC Uploader. She's cute.

They look so good, they make me actually wonder if there IS a secret female Goenitz in 2k2. They sure have me fooled. :p

-Ven

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Ven ]</small>

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I thought Dan was some sort of badass, according to all these threads I have been reading. He looked just like the bitch that I've grown to know and laugh at. What makes Dan so differant in this game. Mars alien looks incredable, is there a meg count for this game yet? Also, are there more animation fps than MotW?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
After watching some amazing players in Boston last week, these videos are painful to watch. Luckily I got to see the whole cast and crew just about shine... some great matches... Anyway, the game is lossing some luster, but I still would love to get my hands on it... I'll probably just snore through it though, no friends into games around here, and lets face it, this one will only be a fun single player jaunt for a limited time... AH WELL,

-Nick

nruva:
I'll probably just snore through it though, no friends into games around here, and lets face it, this one will only be a fun single player jaunt for a limited time... AH WELL,

-Nick
That is ALWAYS the single worst thing about the fighting game genre...

There is always NEO's other strength... shooters.

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Ergh...those where some of the most boring fighting game vids I've seen. I've yet to see a good one. It just looks really SLOW!

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
nruva:
After watching some amazing players in Boston last week, these videos are painful to watch. Luckily I got to see the whole cast and crew just about shine... some great matches... Anyway, the game is lossing some luster, but I still would love to get my hands on it... I'll probably just snore through it though, no friends into games around here, and lets face it, this one will only be a fun single player jaunt for a limited time... AH WELL,

-Nick
Were you at an arcade in Boston? or just hanging with some friends?

I've been wanting to find an arcade to play at, but there aren't any to be found in my area. If I could find a popular hang-out spot in Boston that is easily accessible via T-stops, that would be great.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
I hear a place called Cheers has the Cab.

"Good afternoon everyone."
"JOE!!!!!!!"

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
<a href="http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/activity/h/htgamit/pdf/2003/Mwoh.pdf" target="_blank">Wicked pissah</a>

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Ven:
I had Violent Ken's exceed used against me, by one of my friends. It was sort of a ryuuko ranbu-style thing...started with what looked a lot like his 3s hurricane kick super (it's early, I'm not even going to try to remember the name). Then, at the end, he pulls a slow-ish shinryuuken super.
He does his Shippu-Jinrai-Kyaku, into his Shoryureppa, into the Shinkryuken. Most people don't know that Ken actually had this as a Level 3 super in Street Fighter EX 2 (or was it EX 2 Plus? shrug).

But the big thing about the shouryuuken that makes it special is that it does that Rugal skull pillar thing as it hits, along with a big "whoosh", instead of the usual multiple hits. I couldn't find a sprite rip of the pillar, though, and I forget what game it's from. Not the bloody one where Rugal B. rams you against the wall in KOF '98, but the static pillar that's grey, with a skull inside it. I think Goenitz also does it. I forget.
I believe Violent Ken's regular Shinryuken has the flaming skull thing too... could be wrong though.