kof 2003 ?? any news...

rugal_B

n00b
do u have any news about kof 2003 and its story line ...heard its story is "rise of the dragon saga"....

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
I'm hoping the title will be

"The King of Fighters '03 - The Return of SNK all staff!"

They'll use the old-style logo, sack every piece-of-shit developer that worked on KOF'02 apart from the guy who wrote the Japan theme tune, bring back the previous SNK staff, bring back team members in the background, bring back the SNK logo to the opening credits, lose all these fag fighters that have been introduced since '00, lose BC mode, bring back Advanced or Extra modes, lose the shite backgrounds, replace with high detail backgrounds like the ones found in '96-'99, give Terry some of his '99 moves and his power charge infinite, keep the F>B>F AOF moves and generally make it a damn sight better than KOF'02.

rugal_B

n00b
David Fallows:

They'll use the old-style logo, sack every piece-of-shit developer that worked on KOF'02 apart from the guy who wrote the Japan theme tune, bring back the previous SNK staff, bring back team members in the background, bring back the SNK logo to the opening credits, lose all these fag fighters that have been introduced since '00, lose BC mode, bring back Advanced or Extra modes, lose the shite backgrounds, replace with high detail backgrounds like the ones found in '96-'99, give Terry some of his '99 moves and his power charge infinite, keep the F>B>F AOF moves and generally make it a damn sight better than KOF'02.
what about hte new charectars...

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
David, I've got a great plan. Instead of bitching about 2002, why not just play the older ones? Problem solved. There's many many of us who enjoy 2002 a lot. You don't. Boo hoo. Sounds like you like 99, so play 99 and be happy.

And Terry's move changes sucked in 99, thanks.

Spike

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
We might see Ron and Misty and maybe Diana as new characters. Only time will tell.

<small>[ January 18, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Tora Kouhi ]</small>

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
WTF?

2002 has only just come out!

Don't be so fucking dense kid, no info. will be announced on 2003 until later in the year... I doubt Eolith are even into anything but pre-programming development, depending on whether they have other titles to release.

I'll tell ya, some people around here need to THINK before they post shame shame shame

@ Spike - totally agree. Terry was totally awesome in '96, '97 and '98 and then in '99 they raped him! :mad: Took away his Power Charge, fucked around with Power Wave and Rising Tackle. I don't know how Dave plays KoF, but I'm begining to worry he's doing something seriously wrong... spock

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Tarma:
WTF?

Don't be so fucking dense kid, no info. will be announced on 2003 until later in the year... I doubt Eolith are even into anything but pre-programming development, depending on whether they have other titles to release.

I'll tell ya, some people around here need to THINK before they post shame shame shame

@ Spike - totally agree. Terry was totally awesome in '96, '97 and '98 and then in '99 they raped him! :mad: Took away his Power Charge, fucked around with Power Wave and Rising Tackle. I don't know how Dave plays KoF, but I'm begining to worry he's doing something seriously wrong... spock
Terry got 2 new cracking moves in 99!! all they did with his rising tackle is change it back to a charge move which it was originally anyhow, he still has his power charge which could be combo's into his Power Dunk so BLEH!!! :p

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN:
Tarma:
WTF?

Terry got 2 new cracking moves in 99!! all they did with his rising tackle is change it back to a charge move which it was originally anyhow, he still has his power charge which could be combo's into his Power Dunk so BLEH!!! :p
Yeah, well I prefered not having to press 'down up punch' for rising tackle. Power charge is gone in '99 isn't it? or did it go in 2000? I know he doesn't have it anymore, so f'nar to you Mr neod :p

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Tarma:
NeoDragoN:
Tarma:
WTF?

Yeah, well I prefered not having to press 'down up punch' for rising tackle. Power charge is gone in '99 isn't it? or did it go in 2000? I know he doesn't have it anymore, so f'nar to you Mr neod :p
Yes but i am defending 99 not shitty 2000 nor 2001, you said they butchered Terry in 99 but he got butchered in 2000 ( i'm sure Fran will come in on this bit :D ) he lost lots of animations and lost the 2 new moves he gained in 99, he did also lose his power charge.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
David Fallows:

oh_no

C

Caris Nautilus

some people are never satisfied, 2002 just came out and already you're talking about 2003?! Go play 2002...

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
With the lack of workers for the new SNK keeping King Of Fighters onschedule is damn near impossible unless thats the only game they make.

I heard 02 the last one but thats what they always say.

M

MrMonk

Frankly, if KOF isn't seriously overhauled for 2003 I will be disappointed.

I'd love an all new look, and to get rid of about four worthless teams if would mean all new teams of old school SNK characters like a Metal Slug team and better music.

I'm sick of playing what is essentially the same game for the past five years with no major graphical or gameplay updates. It's getting very old.

2002 is a good game, but it's not much of an improvement over any of the previous games. Been there done that, even fought that Rugal before in '98, and even before that....

<small>[ January 19, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: MrMonk ]</small>

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Man, there really should be a general FAQ for these boards which says, in big bold letters:

DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION IN THE NEWS AND ROUMORS FORUM!

That stuff is for General discussion or one of the gameplay forums.

Geez, I dont usually get pissed of about this happening, but its been going on so often lately its starting to get to me.
I need a lie down.....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
they havent done much different to kof in the past five years, because honestly, they cant.

besides the fact they have to stick to a yearly schedule, adn the fact that they are still making whatever money they can, couple that with the incredibly outdated harware the game is running on, and you can see why they dont change it.

the same people that want drastic changes are the same people that want to keep it on the neo.

<small>[ January 19, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: sonic1687 ]</small>

M

MrMonk

sonic1687:
the same people that want drastic changes are the same people that want to keep it on the neo.
That's true, many older Neo games demonstrate the hardware is capable of much more than what KOF is getting.

Lose some teams, add more old school SNK characters, get better graphics, and better sound.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I have an idea for 2004.

Just remake KOF94 but with Garou-style sprites.

I mean THE SAME cast as in 94. Same tunes, same stages and perhaps the same rules (well, or the classic EXTRA/ADVANCE mode).

But using NEW SPRITES with AOF3 animations, the kof94 stages with kof99/LastBlade quality and details, Garou style special FX (fireballs, hits) and the classic tune re-arranged (not in the same way as in kof2002. They sound good... but not as good as 98 arranged versions. And Esaka'94 is a GREAT song that should be used again wink )

With using only the cast from the original kof is completely possible to make such a game. And it's a good way to reach the 10th aniversary (although kof03 will be the 10th game...) or even finish the series...

<small>[ January 19, 2003, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Setsuna1982 ]</small>

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Setsuna1982:
I have an idea for 2004.

I mean THE SAME cast as in 94. Same tunes, same stages and perhaps the same rules (well, or the classic EXTRA/ADVANCE mode).

But using NEW SPRITES with AOF3 animations, the kof94 stages with kof99/LastBlade quality and details, Garou style special FX (fireballs, hits) and the classic tune re-arranged (not in the same way as in kof2002. They sound good... but not as good as 98 arranged versions. And Esaka'94 is a GREAT song that should be used again wink )

With using only the cast from the original kof is completely possible to make such a game. And it's a good way to reach the 10th aniversary (although kof03 will be the 10th game...) or even finish the series...
So, what you're saying is same exact game as '94, with updated graphics.

spock

Baseley09

Hair Group,
You want 2003?

Go download Mugen and some home made backgrounds, i think you will find it has the same effect.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Amix:
Setsuna1982:
I have an idea for 2004.

So, what you're saying is same exact game as '94, with updated graphics.

spock
Updated graphics, playability and sound, yes. I love that "Happy tournament" theme that KOF94, 96 and 98 had. The others are quite more serious (2002 was a great tournament but it don't have the feeling of previous tournaments, perhaps because of the music, color scheme)

AND BRING BACK THE PARTNERS CHEERING IN THE BACKGROUND!

<small>[ January 20, 2003, 06:05 AM: Message edited by: Setsuna1982 ]</small>

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Spike Spiegel:
David, I've got a great plan. Instead of bitching about 2002, why not just play the older ones?</strong>

I am doing. This weekend, as well as Metroid Prime I've been playing KOF'98 and KOF'97 solid. You know why? Because they are better games with better everything minus the shite post-99 characters like K9999 and Angel. WTF is that shit?

<strong>...And Terry's move changes sucked in 99, thanks...
I don't think they did - I'm just as powerful with Terry, if not more powerful in '99 as I am with him in any other KOF thanks to Power Shoot and Power Drive goodness. That doesn't mean I like '99, I prefer '96,'97 and '98 - I have to say '02 is better than '99 though - just a little

Tarma - WTF are you talking about? Tez still has the Power Charge in '99, you can even link it into a Power Dunk making him even better!!

Try this one...
Jump D > stand C > fwd+A > Power Charge > Power Dunk = Fucking excellent stuff!!

You don't like charging for the Rising Tackle? Bullshit Private Pile! This one will bring you back to the true way of thinking. Fucking Dragon Punch movement BS!...

Jump D > crouch C > df+C > Rising Tackle

Do those a few times and you will begin to like KOF'99. What '99 offered was a fresh Tez, hell, he was beginning to get helluva dusty with the 'Guile Syndrome', it's just too bad they didn't give him a new outfit in '99. Oh well.

I remember loving '99 when I first played it, it kept it's attraction too seeing as I played it all summer long in 2000. I certainly loved it a lot longer than I'd loved KOF2002 (5 hours).

If anyone wants a 'like new' KOF2002 I'm selling it at $300 + shipping from the UK. PM me.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
Setsuna1982:

This was one of the things I loved about KoF and one of the best that none other game I've played featured.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Megatron X:
Setsuna1982:

This was one of the things I loved about KoF and one of the best that none other game I've played featured.
and everybody says they hate strikers... loco

they're really your strikers. get dizzy, hit start (i think, or it was abc, or abcd...), and they hit your opponent. but no one ever uses em anyway.

it just shows that snk weren't ripping of mvsc, just beefing up what they allready had.

Megatron X

X nortageM,
sonic1687:
Megatron X:
Setsuna1982:

and everybody says they hate strikers... loco

they're really your strikers. get dizzy, hit start (i think, or it was abc, or abcd...), and they hit your opponent. but no one ever uses em anyway.

it just shows that snk weren't ripping of mvsc, just beefing up what they allready had.
That's them not me. loco