SvC MVS cart & ROTD / 1-slot

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
here is a copy of an email I sent to SNK USA regarding both issues of SVC on MVS cartridge and the problem with ROTD and the 1 slot board... Their response regarding ROTD is more than strange...
I sent an email back and will keep you updated.
(I just erased my email address and the one for SNK, the rest of the message is unedited)

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:XXXXXXXXXXXX]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 7:52 AM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: ROTD and SvC

Dear Sirs,

I have recently bought the two following games from a wholesaler: Rage of the Dragons and SNK vs Capcom Chaos.

Regarding the first one it plays perfectly in the 2 or 4 slots cabinets that I have but would not even boot properly in a one slot. What is the reason for that? Is the cart. defective and how to solve that problem so that i can put the game in a one slot.

Regarding SNK vs Capcom, I bought it just a few days after it came out for a price close to $1900. The game works fine but my problem is that I bought a MVS kit... which appeared not to be a cartridge but a PCB board.

I am a longtime supporter of SNK and its MVS system and wanted to put the game in a machine next to other games in order to get more revenues from the machine.

Unfortunately, due to the format of the game I had to use a dedicated cabinet. After a few weeks of operations I decided to sell the game and wait for a real MVS cart version to come out so that I can use it in my cabs.

Can you tell me when you expect to release a MVS cart version of the game and around what price?

Finally I hope that your next releases will be in MVS cart format and not boards as boards are not as cost effective as cartridges (And therefore might not be part of my future games if they are only released on PCBs).

Sincerely,

REPLY FROM SNK:

Hello,

In regards to the Rage of the dragon, it sounds like the problem is in the 1 slot. If the cart would be defective, it would not play in any neogeo board. As far as the SVC, we have no plans on making a SVC cart.

Regards,

Tony Marquez
SNK NEOGEO USA CORP.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I called and asked them this a few weeks ago.

Called the first time: No MVS cart will be made.

Called the second time later that day: We might make an MVS cart of it, we don't know as the confirmation will come from Japan. (Different person on the line w/ me obviously).

So yeah, I got an AES for SvC, and there is a fix to make ROTD work in a 1-Slot, I've done it and it works.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The first thing you did wrong was to contact the USA office regarding any information on Neo Geo other than pricing.

The ROTD 1 slot problem has been addressed many times in Tech Support forum. There is a fix, I think.

As for the SvC cart, I actually do believe that there will not be a MVS cart. I dont buy all this talk about 3rd or 4th runs being cart format. But I dont believe the USA office knows much about what is going on. Which is about the way things always have been...

But hey, I could be wrong.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I this makes me much more relieved in my decision to get an AES for SVC. I had no other choice anyway. Still wished there was a MVS cart of SVC.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
What bother me most is that they claim the ROTD problem comes from the one slot and not from the cart...
So owner of 1-slot you should all return your one slot motherboard... it is defective according to SNK!!! loco

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
at least you got a response about the rotd cart. they flat out ignored my e-mail asking if they knew of any fix for the 1-slot problem.

either way, i just joined the aes club so i'll be hitting up the neostore soon for a chaos preorder multi_co buttrock

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
SNKPUSA appears to be ust as "clueless" as SNKUSA was.....
No MVS cartridge? Just a matter of time before bootlegs start to appear ESPECIALLY after this NGH release, so whether SNKPJPN releases an MVS cart or not,it's highly likely someone will.
There is definitely a market to manufacture them and if it is piracy they are worried about all SNKP would hav eto do is sell the MVS cart to retailers in the same manner they would NGH that way they would get all their monies UPFORNT.
The retailer could offer a pre-pay for the MVS to secure sales and not hav eto worry about competition from bootlegs...
This latest bit of news is nothing short of idiocy but let's consider the source.. probably the friend of a relative to the boss who's happy to be employed. :rolleyes:
-BB

Lol playmore are asking for trouble here... Just wait and see how many bootleg MVS carts will be made of SVC!!!

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Boo. Hoo.

The lack of a mvs cart SvC has been clubbed to death a million times like some sort of videogame seal pup. You can't possibly be an arcade operator and want to put a $1900 cart next to some shitbox old titles that unless you're in a south/central america or japan aren't pulling any money for you. A jamma board is better for arcade ops, the only people it sucks for are the home mvs users, who for the most part have cabs or superguns, so it's really no big deal at all. You have a home mvs cab according to your other posts, just throw the svc jamma in there, it will take you what, two minutes? It may not look right on your shelf next to the carts, but I was under the impression that mvs was about the games(unless you are FTL).

I still remain positive that a standard mvs cart release will hit roughly the same time as the ngh release.

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Talen ]</small>

I was wondering... if bootleggers use the Home Cart version to dump the ROM and release an MVS cart of SVC/SS0, would there be a risk, that to prevent this from happening again in the future, SNK Playmore refrain from releasing a Home version altogether?

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
Talen:
Boo. Hoo.

You have a home mvs cab according to your other posts, just throw the svc jamma in there, it will take you what, two minutes? It may not look right on your shelf next to the carts, but I was under the impression that mvs was about the games(unless you are FTL).
but a four slot iset up is wired differently than a standard jamma. I don't want to be messing with wires every time I want to swith back to my mvs setup.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Parallax:
but a four slot iset up is wired differently than a standard jamma. I don't want to be messing with wires every time I want to swith back to my mvs setup.
And you really don't have to. You really don't need to swap any wires around. My cab is wired for mvs/d&d (except for sound, which always runs off of the 4-pin stereo out for me) and I can pop in and play any of my jamma games no problem.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Yeah, even according to SNK techs (I asked) the pinout is exactly the same as an MVS board. You can just swap it in and out, no problems.