Are these bosses playable in sVc Chaos?

strider88

NEST Puppet
Hey all,

Is there any news of being able to play as these bosses in Chaos?

Athena
Red Arremer
Shin Gouki
Shin Mr Karate

It seems to be a waste if they where not playable? I mean all the animations are done. Maybe it will be a home AES extra?

What are peoples thought? do you think they will be playable in MVS or AES ot what???

ThanX

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
There's been a few extras like this in the home market right?

I think in LB1 you could only play as Kagami in the Home version, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've only owned the MVS.

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: the roker ]</small>

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think those characters are not playable...or not yet, since there aren't any codes (I know) that enable to do so, but there are for the rest of secret characters. I think some codes were published somewhere for some of those characters you mention, but wouldn't work. Anyway, maybe the codes for those characters just haven't been descovered/released yet.

I don't know if the home releases do have some extras. The only case I'm aware of is Goenitz in KOF 96, which was playable only in the CD version, but not in the Home cart.

[OCEAN]

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
There have been no codes released yet to play as those characters. Trust me, if someone managed to unlock Shin Mr.Karate, you would've heard about their 500 win streak, that fucker is BRO-KEN.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They can probably be unlocked by messing around with DIP switches, but that's probably it. GOod thing too, since playing super powerful bosses against other human players just isn't kosher. wink Wouldn't mind seeing them selectable for single player games though.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
It's always fun to play with the bosses... not fait but fun.
If you have the possibility to play with the bosses it's not an obligaiton :)
I think it will be possible to unlock them in the AES version... I hope so wink

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't think the inability of being able to play as Amakusa in SSI, Mizuki in SSII, Geese in AoF2, etc have made the games less enjoyable, and thinking about it, I doubt they would make it more enjoyable if they actually were an option.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I am sure they can be unlocked via some way in the home version or the upcoming port.Most home version have extras anyway.Those bosses are overpowered but fun to play around with.Just don't choose them when playing a VS match with your friend unless if he chooses those end bosses as well, heh.
:D

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
I don't think the inability of being able to play as Amakusa in SSI, Mizuki in SSII, Geese in AoF2, etc have made the games less enjoyable, and thinking about it, I doubt they would make it more enjoyable if they actually were an option.
Playing as Geese is always enjoyable!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
the roker:
EvilWasabi:
You could play him if you have a debug bios, but believe me, he's not that great a character.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
EvilWasabi:
the roker:
EvilWasabi:
You could play him if you have a debug bios, but believe me, he's not that great a character.
spock You mean gameplay wise, or character wise?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
It all depends in how the boss are actually designed.

Bossed like Orochi in KOF97 or Geese in KOF2001 are THAT limited in they moves and possibilities, it's mostly obvious the should stay and remain just as CPU characters. Heck, some of them can't even duck or jump!

On the other hands, some cup-characters are just too 'complete' not to be a pity to remain unselectable by player.

In this case, the better opton would just make the selectable version of the CPU-character toned down in term of damage level, moves priorities and delays, etc, just not to have the rest of the roster broken by their addition. :)

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Shito ]</small>

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
It would make sense to be able to play as them, since the rest of them are available. I would hope that in due time codes will come up letting you choose them.

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: OmegaSaber ]</small>

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'd like to play as Red Arremer and Athena. Just keep pushing buttons and we'll figure it out

strider88

NEST Puppet
yep, I should be getting the pcb on Tuesday so I am going to have time to mess about with the game. I just really want to play as Red Arremer and Athena!!!! total old SKOOL i love it!

Maybe they are just holding out on the codes, until later, after the released or the game to cause hype later after its release?

Have codes like this ever been delayed that long and kept secert for an MVS release?

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I applaud SNK for having non-playable bosses, like in the old days.

Really, I bet it makes programming easier, too. A lot of those old dip-switch-only bosses have one-button moves and such. If you don't have to set up a boss to be playable, you can make the move list incredibly simple. And then, you don't have to worry about infinites, since there's not going to be a human player there to exploit them.

Like, take Mizuki...she's gotta have at least five infinites. One of them would just be her ground throw, over and over again. But it doesn't matter, 'cause she's not playable, and the CPU really isn't going to do them. That's gotta be a load off one's mind when designing a boss. Plus, you can make said boss completely, ridiculously broken. Like Yuga in Asra Zanmaden. If I was playing Yuga, the round would be over in about 2 seconds. But the CPU gives you a fighting chan...wait, nevermind, that's a bad example. :D

And really, the cheap bosses are the most memorable bosses to me, like Magneto in COTA. I used to get so mad at him, but now I think it's the coolest thing. How can you get mad at a boss that's essentially cheating? It's not like you're really losing due to a lack of skill...especially when the way to usually beat such a boss is a ridiculous AI pattern.

Go SNK. :D

- Ven