NEW Shin Gouki & Shin Mr Karate art!!

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hmmm.....they look alright.

Rather wierd if you ask me.

<a href="http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/chara/chara_img/cap_p_shingouki1.jpg" target="_blank">Shin Gouki</a>

<a href="http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/chara/chara_img/snk_p_honkikarate1.jpg" target="_blank">Shin Mr Karate</a>

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
What’s that? Why they have tummy? Too much beer? They have also abused sunbathing.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It's pretty obvious the 2 remaining places in the bosses area are for Red Areemer and Athena, completing a total of 36 characters. Quite a lot, maybe be even too much.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
At last, we have an official Japanese designation for the boss-form of Mr. Karate:
本気になった Mr. Karate
(Honki ni natta Mr. Karate)
Mr. Karate, having become serious

So, "Serious Mr. Karate" is the potential tengu-Takuma could've achieved if he hadn't been so corrupt back around the he went to work for Geese (just before AoF1)?

Just noticed something -- sometime in the last week or so, SNKPlaymore changed the Japanese designation on Violent Ken's illustration (apparently to make it more gramatically correct):
[previously] 洗脳ケン
(Sen'nou Ken)
[literally] Brainwash Ken

now it's:
洗脳されたケン
(Sen'nou-sareta Ken)
Brainwashed Ken

--Chris

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Those pics own my ass, this guy has drawn some of the best art I ever seen for any game. I know most consider him broken but Shin Akuma rules in my book buttrock

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
So "shin" is japanese for topless, right?
As far at the guts, they're old men, pep. They just don't have the metabolisms of those ripped youngsters. :p

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
they are so dark, cant hardly make them out.
but Mr Karate, having become serious.
thats great.
love that.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Talen:
So "shin" is japanese for topless, right?
lol

If you put both of those Nona drawings side by side, they look like a reggae band.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I really like these two. Though the flabby stomachs are kinda weird looking both still are evil and bitchin looking. All we need is Red Arremer and athena!

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for Athena and the demon's art to come out. I like Shin Mr. Karate. Besides the topless part, there isn't much difference in Akuma. But it's all good.

Robert

20 Year Member
I like the art butmy question is why in the US version of the website, you can't see them!!

Kevin Paul

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks for the link! I like Nona's art except for the way he drew a few of the characters in KOF 2K2 (Lori, Yashiro, etc). I didn't notice if Gouki had his chain around his neck. It would've been cool if his ingame sprite had his chain around his neck, the slippers, his eyes on fire and the Tien sign burned into his back.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nona has quickly become one of my favorite illustrators. I've never seen art that takes chances like his.

The beer guts are a little weird, but they fit for some reason.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I like the pot-belly, makes them seem like old, old sensei's, that their power extends beyond their physical attributes.

Meanwhile, Shin Mr. Karate = BROKEN TO THE MAX

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Neat.

But will Shin Mr. Karate go, "YAH!" with every special move in the game?

We shall see.

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: TriShield ]</small>

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
TriShield:
Neat.

But will Shin Mr. Karate go, "YAH!" with every special move in the game?

We shall see.
No, he does this sort of rising/roaring/grunting noise that really gets on your nerves.

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Buro Destruct ]</small>