samurai spirits zero home cart in november?

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Just posted on the-magicbox.com:

- SNK Playmore announced they will release the Neo Geo home version of Samurai Spirits Zero in November, the arcade version will be coming out on September 25.

Is there any truth to this rumor?

Matt

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
Uh, I hope not.

SvC Chaos in October, and then SamSho Zero in November? That's real bad.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
That would be rather fast if its true.

Then again its on Magic Box so take it with a grain of salt.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
That would friggin rock! (my b-day is in November) wink Of course fat chance my gf will drop 3 hundred bones on a gift for me blow_top

Bring it on!
Droid

StarPhoenix

New Challenger
Oh no...I hope this is not true. I can barely afford SVC. Samurai Spirits is my favorite Neo Game ever. Time to increase those Student Loans...

Really though, it would be absolutely a stupid and terrible idea to release SS0 so close to SVC. Give us a few months to play SVC, and then let us get all excited for Samurai Spirits Zero, then release it.

Star Phoenix

M4L

n00b
I agree with the above poster.

Give us time to play SvC....and fix that terrible hole in our wallets :p before they release SS0.

I can't wait for SS0 but I just bought Matrimelee and SvC.

Y

Yushiro the Angel Dragon

Yikes that is not much of a time difference. I'm getting SvC on the PS2 import and I hope Samurai Spirits Zero will be on the PS2 as well. I still hope that SNK Playmore will make another future Samurai Spirits game espiecally with Mikoto in the lineup.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I'd be real excited if this was true. I'd have enough to buy both...

Matt

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I hope it's true. I'm pumped. I always find the money somehow.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Getting the homecart within this year would be simply awesome... :)

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Good christ, we haven't even heard the MVS details yet.

Personally I'm hoping for a MVS cart of this thing, maybe even a Matrimelee styled release? :D

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I doubt it's true. On average the games come out on homecart 3 months after they are released on MVS. Who knows though With Slug 5 and KOF 03 hitting arcades this year.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Just because it's released in November, doesn't mean you have to buy it in November.

I mean, for the person who couldn't afford $325 for Matrimelee a few months ago, how good does the price look now? $180? Shit. Patience is a virtue - maybe being too poor to buy a game on release is a virtue too.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Hah,

Things are looking good. Looks like a SNK year to me, and a good one at that!!! Too bad you don't live up here in Alaska, we get a state dividend once a year in Oct. All the games will be mine. SVC, SS0, MS5 & KOF 2003!! Yep, this is going to be good :cool: buttrock drool_2 lol

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I will own this game. I will find a way to pay for it. This is the only release I've been pumped about since '02. I don't care about SvC, Matrimelee, or Slug 5, but gimme my samsho dammit.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
So this is why I work six days a week at my shitty job.

Good to know, because I was just about to quit.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
EvilWasabi:
Just because it's released in November, doesn't mean you have to buy it in November.

I mean, for the person who couldn't afford $325 for Matrimelee a few months ago, how good does the price look now? $180? Shit. Patience is a virtue - maybe being too poor to buy a game on release is a virtue too.
I agree with this...the wait could be good for you...plus you play enjoy S vs. C a lot more..

StarPhoenix

New Challenger
EMAGDNIM:
EvilWasabi:

I agree with this...the wait could be good for you...plus you play enjoy S vs. C a lot more..
The only problem with not buying the game in November...is that it may not be there anymore by December :(. I've gotta clear off my credit card some, a job wouldn't hurt either though...

Star Phoenix

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Uh theres no compulsion to buy it the moment it comes out....why not wait a few months.......and let those of us who can afford both to do so.Lets see it in november

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
StarPhoenix:
EMAGDNIM:
EvilWasabi:

The only problem with not buying the game in November...is that it may not be there anymore by December :( . I've gotta clear off my credit card some, a job wouldn't hurt either though...

Star Phoenix
SvC will definitely be there, and really most games that are released drop in price initially, and it's only after like 6 months that we see if the price shoots up. For example, Mark of the Wolves - after release, people could get it for $250, but then the price kept rising and now then steadily fell back to what is just over the retail price. Same for Blazing Star, same for Metal Slug X, and same for Shock Troopers 2. But if you're lucky, the game will drop like a KoF and you can get it for cheap.

P

Pezking_de

Personally I think a November release for the SS0-Homecart is quite possible - let's take a look at the release-dates of the previous episodes:

SS2:
Arcade-Release on Oct. 28th 1994
AES on Dec. 2nd 1994

SS3:
Arcade-Release on Nov. 15th 1995
AES on Dec. 12th 1995

SS4:
Arcade-Release on Oct. 25th 1996
AES on Nov. 29th 1996

Looks like they like to use the SS-Franchise as a potential christmas-seller - why change that with the latest installment? If the arcade-version is really released in September, I think we'll get the home-version in time for christmas.

Regards,
Pezking