SVC production question..

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well, now that preorders are up for snk vs capcom and the production numbers were not stated I wanted to ask.....

1) What is the production # on SVC???

2) I have heard from a few sources that the full world wide production # will be 50,000 units!!!! This is a super high # of carts if true, I see that the neo-store is cutting deals for carts more orders..less the price. Is this a hint to a very large order???

I just read in another post that the biggest production of a neo cart was SS2 at 70,000 units.. And from what I have hear for some time is that SS2 is so common that its in used game shops in Japan for $2.-$5. U.S... is SVC going to be like this title??? Will this game be only $100. 0nline in a yr. because of over production?
I know many people have neos in Japan.. but come on 50,000 carts at $325.???
if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great... mr_t

whitey

NEST Puppet
Shawn and Vinh should know but I am sure they won't tell us. Playmore dosen't like them to tell us that info.

Playmore can't afford to make 50k SVC home carts. They won't all sell. I think playmore learned their lesson when they went wild and made way to many ROTD MVS kits.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Very true.. i will still keep my ears open to this rumor. Oh and i did take part of a cheap ROTD MVS kit.. :D :D

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
There'll be a lot, but I hope it doesn't degrade to SS2 status (monetary value that is!).

*Don't talk me out of buying this game, your not my real dad!*

Just kidding.

<small>[ August 24, 2003, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: the roker ]</small>

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
I would never tell anyone not to buy this game.. they have 2 cabs near me with SVC in them and this game is just Awesome!!! I will be getting it as soon as i have the cash.. drool_2

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I posted this in the "preorders are now open" thread, but it would seem that it would serve more purpose in this thread.

ResOGlas:
whitey:
Is there any incentive to pre-order now instead of early December?
I'm not quite sure. I would like to place my preorder now, but I would prefer to do so after the set planned stock amount is listed. Shouldn't the amount be listed now since the preliminary preorders are now over? I just don't want to place my preorder now while the stock amount is simply listed as (xxx), while the amount produced can still go up. All that would contribute to is lowering the value of my cart by giving shawn the garuntee that "?" many carts can sell at preorder alone, so he might as well order another run to be produced if this preorder goes better than planned. I'm not saying that it will go up that much, but I would feel foolish spending my money on a new homecart if to say 1000, or 1500 were produced. I, as well as many others like to think of buying a "new" homecart as a possible investment as well as just a video game, so I really hope the english production stays at the current neostore trend of 500 or less. In other words, I guess i'm just going to have to wait on placing my preorder until I can be assured that (xxx) does indeed mean (500).

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
We will have to wait and see what happens.. I hope the large production # i spoke off is false.. for SNK/PLAYMORE'S sake and for the Neo collectors looking to up the price off their collection..

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
You guys are going to have to face the music.

They're going to produce a lot of these carts for the US and Japan.

I'm thinking this cart will go for the mid-hundreds in the future . . . maybe lower frown

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well dont you think if they are going to make alot more carts and have a large amount of order, they might think about lowering the price just a bit so they dont get stuck with 10,000 left over $325. carts in the warehouse... annoyed

Robert

20 Year Member
The # of copywill be much higher than any other recents releases. I can't tell a number but ertainly more than 2000. But to be realistic, you have to produce new hardwares to be able to sell more carts. I don't know if it's possible but if playmore want to increase his neo fan base, new AES are the only solution

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
I think we all would wish for updated release of the AES system.. like Nintendo did with the NES and SNES.. Think about it a shrunk down AES..same size as the cart or smaller.. :D :D

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
whitey:
50k? I doubt it. I bet the production count is more like 2k.
50K is way to high 2K is way to low. We are talking worldwide production here kiddies. Stop thinking the Japanese market is the same as the US. Think back to last March when we saw KOF 01 sold over 6K IN THE FIRST WEEEK in Japan (Magic-Box) I'd make a very rough estimate at 15K-20K

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
EvilMike:
whitey:
50K is way to high 2K is way to low. We are talking worldwide production here kiddies. Stop thinking the Japanese market is the same as the US. Think back to last March when we saw KOF 01 sold over 6K IN THE FIRST WEEEK in Japan (Magic-Box) I'd make a very rough estimate at 15K-20K
I'm sorry but you're just wrong.

It was 2k2 that sold over 6k in it's first week. :p

US production (assuming Shawn is the sole distributor of US releases, which I think he is) will be like 500-1000. Japanese production will be HUGE to meet the demand for this game which is high. Expect like 10k Japanese carts to be made, if not more.

PS. WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?! I'm buying it ASAP JUST so I can PLAY the damned thing!

<small>[ August 25, 2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: JHendrix ]</small>

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Thats about the # I was thinking. I have also heard that alot of online game dealers that don't stock Neo games will be now ordering this title. Might be NEO-GEO,USA. hard at work for this game. :p

<small>[ August 25, 2003, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: geekabilly ]</small>

i may not pre order now as i think there will be a glut on the second hand market or retailers trying to dump stock will see how things develop first unless some of the uk members decide to put a multiple order in?

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Hey buddy don't take my info 100%.. i was asking a question not tossing facts out. If you want it get it!!. Who knows the run might still be 500 for the U.S. market. spock

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
EvilMike:
whitey:

US production (assuming Shawn is the sole distributor of US releases, which I think he is) will be like 500-1000. Japanese production will be HUGE to meet the demand for this game which is high. Expect like 10k Japanese carts to be made, if not more.

PS. WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?! I'm buying it ASAP JUST so I can PLAY the damned thing!
Amen brother! Who else is buying this game for the love of it?

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
EvilMike:
whitey:

Maybe 2K2 did as well I wasn't paying attention at the time. 2K1 DID sell 6K the first week. I'd put money on it.

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
PS. WHO GIVES A SHIT!?!?! I'm buying it ASAP JUST so I can PLAY the damned thing! [/qb][/QUOTE]Amen brother! Who else is buying this game for the love of it? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Me, love it, playing capcom characters on my neo i just find it so cool, do... I am more of a snk fan but still. And its so like a king of fighters, i forsee lots of playing this game and a great piece for my collection. Who cares if the game depreciates or not, im not selling it, and im not going to wait 6 more months to maybe save 50 bucks if any. Its bad enough having to wait till DEC 11.

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
HEY NOW, im not starting a war.. if you look back to the 1st. post it was question about the # of carts being made.. not if anyone should order this awesome game or not. I was just looking to put to rest some rumors i hear of a 50,000 cart pressing. Im still looking for a 100% answer. But i would never try to take away someones enjoyment of this game... mr_t

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
geekabilly:
Well dont you think if they are going to make alot more carts and have a large amount of order, they might think about lowering the price just a bit so they dont get stuck with 10,000 left over $325. carts in the warehouse... annoyed
No, Price Elasticity in effect. The cart still sells at $350, therfore taking anything less would be foolish annoyed Basically, this is the new price of home carts... and it won't be going down until this cart sees the used market.

I believe there will be a ton of these carts made, probably close to MS3 numbers atleast. I still think this game will hold a decent value, but I am not expecting a MS1 type deal here at all.

-Nick

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
resoglass:

Puhleeeeeeze, AES homecarts ARE NOT investments. If you think that, you're crazy. I would fully expect the price on this game to drop - there's going to be a ton of copies out there.

Then again, if it's deemed really good, then it might hold it's value.

But which recent homecart HAS held it's value?

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
Well don't look like we will have to wait till Dec. to find out about the production of this cart...Back to a Oct. shipping!!!! Rock out* multi_co