How accurate do you think IGN's release date for SVC is?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
<a href="http://ps2.ign.com/objects/567/567841.html" target="_blank">here</a>

and

on the front page of PS2 section:

<a href="http://ps2.ign.com" target="_blank">here</a>

they say a winter 2003 release. We all know how long it takes for ports (usually a year) and an even longer time for a port for the U.S. market.

So, how accurate do you think they are?

Personally I'd rather have an original rather than a port, but I might pick one up on the side.

edit: link fix

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 05:08 AM: Message edited by: the roker ]</small>

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
the roker:
So, how accurate do you think they are?
Fairly accurate. The info posted on IGN is stolen from only the most reliable of sources. :rolleyes:

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
hmm i wonder if they are planning a big release now since teh homecart is pushed back to Dec 11th. If these do get their winter date maybe they are plannin on releasing all home versions at the sametime.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
NeoFight:
hmm i wonder if they are planning a big release now since teh homecart is pushed back to Dec 11th. If these do get their winter date maybe they are plannin on releasing all home versions at the sametime.
I bet there'll be a bunch of people canceling preorders in order to get the game now. Hype might start to die out, not to mention the commonality of PS2s, you might have some folks buying the port instead of the Home Cart.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
i agree Roker, having a mass multiplatform release could be a bad thing. However im thinking there are enough neo fans that selling the homecart shouldnt be a problem. I mean if a person has any experience in Neo their going to want a homecart or mvs, and a port on the side just for the hell of it.