SS Zero...Xbox and Live...what are the chances?

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello gentlemen. My first post here. i am very excited to hear that a new SS game in coming out as I've been playing the series since 1992. Anyway I'd like to get your thoughts on what the possibilities are of this new game being ported to Xbox. Do you think it'll happen? If so, what are the chances it'll come out with Xbox Live compatibility? I would just buckle at the knees for a chance to play an SS game over a broadband network.

FYI...Yes I am already aware of kaillera and Mame/Kawaks and have playing on them for since their releaes. But in my opinion Kaillera is sucking more and more each day and the author Chris has just about given up on the project(sad). What we neeed as an alternative is to get SNK/Playnmore to release this game on Xbox Live so we can all enjoy it to its fullest and get some real competition going!

Who's with me? make_fac buttrock multi_co lol

Robert

20 Year Member
First post and kawaks speaking, you're brave little boy.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Ignore em, they all play romzzzzzzzzzz too.

I'd love to see SS0 and SvC on xbox live. Of course I'd be buying the MVS versions as well, but I'd love to have endless competition on more fighting games on xbox live.

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
Does Playmore have any intention of putting anything on Xbox?

It's not like I really care though...the homecart is all I'm ever going to need.

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
Oh NOOOW I see where this is going! O.K. fair enough.

I own all four carts and a six slot MVS board that got off Danny from Game City. I don't condone owning roms that I don't own if the game is still in circulation and making money. I have owned booth versions, home and arcade MVS but sold my home versions since I had nothing to play them on(sold my home Neo system). So yeah, I know where you guys are taking this but yes I own the games. The emulated versions are great though but like I said, Kaillera is shit.

So bring on the Xdude Live version!!!

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Personaly,
I don't care. I will have the aes vers. so I'll be all set. I dislike xbox live for fighting games anyway. Don't get me wrong, somethings are just kickass on live, ie midnight club2, nfl2k3, ghoast recon, etc.. but capvssnk sucks. I like the game but online it is way to laggy and unresponsive. Just picking the characters there is a delay. Fighting games need to have pin point accuracy, and cvss on xbox live, does not.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I really don't care since the MVS version is what I plan on getting. When it comes to the ports I'm sure I'll either get the PS2, GC( if it comes to it ), or even if it goes to the DC.

Online play doesn't intrest me since I'd rather have my opponents live and in person and plus for ever 2 cool peeps you fight or play with online there's 50+ punkasses you'll run into before you run into the next cool peep.

<small>[ August 17, 2003, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</small>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
If they could fix the online infrastructe, than I'd be all for it!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope the new SNKP releases on the Xbox have online play. It is not a big deal if they don't, however, it would be a special treat if they included it. Besides the Box needs more 2D fighters with online play.

<small>[ August 17, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

isamu

Crazed MVS Addict
ajk1080:
capvssnk sucks. I like the game but online it is way to laggy and unresponsive. Just picking the characters there is a delay. Fighting games need to have pin point accuracy, and cvss on xbox live, does not.
What kind of connection do you have? I am on dsl and though my UL/DL isn't too great, I still get pretty good responsiveness from input commands. I can just imagine how good it would be on a good cable connection. It doesn't suck man, yoo're connection is probably not that good.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
My connection is broadband, the game itself is just is a half second or 2 off, but I definatly can tell. It feels slower(lag) than offline play. Does anyone else agree? All xbox live is broadband anyways, so everyone should have the same connection speeds, right?

ajk1080:
All xbox live is broadband anyways, so everyone should have the same connection speeds, right?
Not really... broadband speeds vary a lot, I think 128k u/d is the minimum for Xbox Live, but a lot of people have higher.

I don't have broadband myself, can't get it where I live, but I bought an XBL account for my college connection, and I've used it a great deal at my friend's house. When we play CvS2 online, I've only experienced lag once, and that was on a connection to Japan. Don't know what my friend's connection speed is, but all matches in the US went off without a hitch. I was really impressed with the experience, and yeah, I'd like to see more fighters on it... especially SvCC. It seems unlikely, though, as Xbox is so unpopular in Japan... but this kind of thing might make a new US market for SNK.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I think Samurai Shodown Zero on Xbox w/ live is inevitable.

However, there are problems with Xbox live that third party companies have gotten into a dispute with Microsoft over. For example, Electronic Arts wanted to make their sports games Xbox live compatible but Microsoft would not share any of the fees that they get with the Xbox live service. This may keep other third parties from using the Live service.

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
jbeedham:
However, there are problems with Xbox live that third party companies have gotten into a dispute with Microsoft over. For example, Electronic Arts wanted to make their sports games Xbox live compatible but Microsoft would not share any of the fees that they get with the Xbox live service. This may keep other third parties from using the Live service.
Chalk that one up to EA signing a contract with Sony just like SEGA signed one with Microsoft. Hence, SEGA sports supports XBOX LIVE but not Sony's Online service. Microsoft pays everyone up the wahzoo if they add LIVE compatibility.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Live is the best console online play. If SS0 and SVC Chaos get live I will have to buy that Damn Box just to crush the fools who think it;s CVS2 with my demitri.,.....midnight pleasure anyone?

Solid Snake

King's Dry Cleaner
jbeedham:
I think Samurai Shodown Zero on Xbox w/ live is inevitable.

I believe EA's problem was that they didn't want to use Xbox live but there own dedicated service that would have to log on seperatly from Microsofts own service.

BTW I pray to the heavens that they brings SS Zero to the Xbox regardless if it has Live support or not. I just no longer have the money or interest to buy so many AES carts anymore. crying