anyone know if there is a release date for a cartridge of SVC?

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Subject says it all. I hear lots of people say they're waiting for the MVS cart, and I'm one of them. I also heard that SS0 might be released the same way. Is there any reason to believe that Playmore is definitly planning cartridge releases?

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
m_bish0p:
Subject says it all. I hear lots of people say they're waiting for the MVS cart, and I'm one of them. I also heard that SS0 might be released the same way. Is there any reason to believe that Playmore is definitly planning cartridge releases?
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=005143" target="_blank">http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=005143</a>

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
The standard MVS cart is planned, but no firm release date has been made public and my understanding is that it is not totally confirmed as a release.

As of now, it is part of the overall SvC launch, but that may chnge. Personally, I hope not as I, and a lot of us, want a true MVS cart.

Not the best answer in the world, but the best available at the moment.

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: RyoGeo ]</small>

I am afraid that if an MVS cart is not released, the market will be flooded with pirate MVS carts of SNK Chaos and Samurai Shodown 0 the moment the AES is released. I mean, in my limited knowledge won't the bootleggers dump the rom from the AES cart and then burn the roms and put it on some MVS? Is this technically possible?

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Nostromo ]</small>

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
Yes it is possible, and as you say I also belive that that will happend if SNK Playmore does not release an MVS cart before the AES.

Fluff_Daddy:
Yes it is possible, and as you say I also belive that that will happend if SNK Playmore does not release an MVS cart before the AES.
So, in a way, if SNK Playmore dont release a proper MVS cart, they`d be really asking for a bootleg release of it... Heh. As I see it, the hybrid MVS board thing idea was not very good at all.

On the other it might also mean the demise of the AES. If SNK Playmore persist on releasing hybrid boards instead of proper MVS carts in the future, in order to prevent what we think will happen soon, they will cease altogether making AES carts... Maybe its farfetched, but you never know.

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Nostromo ]</small>

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Stephane:
BlackSpy:
I'm guessing we're talking about an MVS cart here.
my bad, i was confused with the word "cartridge".
from dictionary.com

car·tridge (kärtrj):

A small modular unit designed to be inserted into a larger piece of equipment: an ink cartridge; a disposable cartridge of caulking compound.

lemme know if I use any other words too big for you. :D :rolleyes:

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
m_bish0p:
Stephane:
BlackSpy:
from dictionary.com

car·tridge (kärtrj):

A small modular unit designed to be inserted into a larger piece of equipment: an ink cartridge; a disposable cartridge of caulking compound.

for me cartridge that mean "cartouche" like " une grosse cartouche", like a aes for me ! hope you understand !

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Stephane:
m_bish0p:
Stephane:
BlackSpy:
from dictionary.com

car·tridge (kärtrj):

for me cartridge that mean "cartouche" like " une grosse cartouche", like a aes for me ! hope you understand !
I really, really, don't. But that's okay, a little teasing back and forth never hurt anyone.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I really hope they release the MVS cart, and soon. My arcade won't be getting it until they do, as they don't have any spare open cabs, and they don't want to gut one of their 6-slotters just for it. frown

Oegoen

Rugal's Thug
RyoGeo:
The standard MVS cart is planned, but no firm release date has been made public and my understanding is that it is not totally confirmed as a release.

As of now, it is part of the overall SvC launch, but that may chnge. Personally, I hope not as I, and a lot of us, want a true MVS cart.

Not the best answer in the world, but the best available at the moment.
This is a hope at least,but if SNK Playmore dont plan to make standard MVS cart ?? ,what happened with all the thousands of arcades MVS around the world, that's become history and Phanthom- 1 comverter too ??????? buttrock

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
It wouldn't make any sense to produce the hybrid board after the AES release. Even though it makes the game harder to obtain for people who own personal mvs setups, I kind of like the hybrid board. Because of it, arcade owners are putting the game in better cabs, like dynamo cabs with 35 inch screens, instead of their 10 year old beaten to hell MVS machines that KOF2002 sits in. This gives the game even more exposure. The downside though is that theres really no standard by which the button layout goes by.

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
"I kind of like the hybrid board. Because of it, arcade owners are putting the game in better cabs, like dynamo cabs with 35 inch screens, instead of their 10 year old beaten to hell MVS machines"

all cabs are Jamma so in any u can plug a MVS slot or a Jamma board there's no differences between both ! :D

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Fist Of Legend:
"I kind of like the hybrid board. Because of it, arcade owners are putting the game in better cabs, like dynamo cabs with 35 inch screens, instead of their 10 year old beaten to hell MVS machines"

all cabs are Jamma so in any u can plug a MVS slot or a Jamma board there's no differences between both ! :D
Right said FOL! :) Personally, it would piss me off to have to unplug my 2-slot PCB if I want to play this game (even as cool as it is)! :mad:

Jedite

Bunker Buster
They might not release the MVS cart byself, because they want people to buy the home cart of SVC. So, they can make more money, because they know after the MVS cart been released for so long, the price decreaes. So, in order to make money more off the home carts, they made SVC its own MVS board, so bootleggers can't make illegal copies of it, and for people use things like Phatnom-1 or a Supergun, to buy the home cart version of it, because the price of the home cart stays constant. So, they may not even release it as a MVS cart. That may be bad for people that have MVS cabinets, so they probably have to buy a home cart system in enable to play it unless they buy a cab for SVC only.

<small>[ August 11, 2003, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Jedite ]</small>

Jedite:
They might not release the MVS cart byself, because they want people to buy the home cart of SVC. So, they can make more money, because they know after the MVS cart been released for so long, the price decreaes. So, in order to make money more off the home carts, they made SVC its own MVS board, so bootleggers can't make illegal copies of it, and for people use things like Phatnom-1 or a Supergun, to buy the home cart version of it, because the price of the home cart stays constant. So, they may not even release it as a MVS cart. That may be bad for people that have MVS cabinets, so they probably have to buy a home cart system in enable to play it unless they buy a cab for SVC only.
If they dont make a proper MVS cart, bootleggers will. Who would be loosing then?

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
yea i totally agree, i mean as much as i hate bootleggers Playmore is asking for it on this. There are more then enough of us who would buy the official MVS over a bootleg anyday i dont see the problem. I even feel its worthwile for them to start releasing the MVS kits the same way they do AES for around the same price. I just dont like the way they have been do far, i mean give them credit they are trying to pull a company back together that had a very high rep, but i mean cmon the lack of info to us consumers doesnt help us to plan very well or have money ready etc... just not convenient.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Fist Of Legend:

I must disagree with your "better" cabs comment. With most older hardware, like the neo, a bigger screen comes with the burden of a really choppy look.

<small>[ August 12, 2003, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: ResOGlas ]</small>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
NeoFight:
yea i totally agree, i mean as much as i hate bootleggers Playmore is asking for it on this. There are more then enough of us who would buy the official MVS over a bootleg anyday i dont see the problem. I even feel its worthwile for them to start releasing the MVS kits the same way they do AES for around the same price. I just dont like the way they have been do far, i mean give them credit they are trying to pull a company back together that had a very high rep, but i mean cmon the lack of info to us consumers doesnt help us to plan very well or have money ready etc... just not convenient.
I agree totally with this statement. That is why I brought up the idea of a collectors run of MVS carts. It can be released sometime close to or after the home cart run and be for about the same price. What would be MVS collector wouldn't plunk down the change to have a nice full kit and cart. There are just as many MVS people these days as Home cart users, I believe that fully, and there is a new and arriving MVS collector scene that wants these carts and kits.

If SNK was to do a small run of MVS carts (inserts in Japanese and English... hell even Spanish would be nice!) with all the goodies and charged $350 or so a pop at the neo store, they would sell just as well as the Home cart, I am almost sure of that. I think if they don't do this they are missing out on a nice revenue stream. Sure it isn't as big as the Arcade market, but, with the company in such dire need of money, beggers should not be choosers.

Honestly, I am not a big collector, I like loose carts and etc, but, if an MVS cart was made for us MVS people, I would preorder one for sure! Maybe we should start sending emails to Shawn about this, if anyone can do this run, it is him!

-Nick

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I just wanted to interject something:

I called SNK USA (the arcade distrobution section, not the consumer one) twice about this and asked two different people the same question:

Will there be an actual MVS cart of SvC?

1.) No there will not.

2.) Maybe, but we won't know for sure till Japan tells us.

My guess is that they probably won't put one out. Bootleggers/ROM dumpers will grab the game from the AES release and put the ROMZ/bootlegs out that way. What's the real point of putting out the cart? Arcade ops don't care about MVS carts at all, they have no reason to spend more money to put a cart out, they'll just keep on releasing the boards.

I donno, maybe it's cheaper to just put out the MVS cart, but who knows if it's worthwhile for them to do so.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
JHendrix:
I just wanted to interject something:

I called SNK USA (the arcade distrobution section, not the consumer one) twice about this and asked two different people the same question:

Will there be an actual MVS cart of SvC?

1.) No there will not.

2.) Maybe, but we won't know for sure till Japan tells us.

My guess is that they probably won't put one out. Bootleggers/ROM dumpers will grab the game from the AES release and put the ROMZ/bootlegs out that way. What's the real point of putting out the cart? Arcade ops don't care about MVS carts at all, they have no reason to spend more money to put a cart out, they'll just keep on releasing the boards.

I donno, maybe it's cheaper to just put out the MVS cart, but who knows if it's worthwhile for them to do so.
Right... that's the idea. It would only be as fan service to the people here. They should look at it like a run for the MVS home users... like an MVS home cart. If that was done, it could be released strictly here or a few other select spots. They wouldn't have to worry about sales or distro, it would be just like the English home cart release.

-Nick

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Is "SvC Chaos" Jamma or MVS interface?
I mean, Jamma only got 3 buttons and SvC PCB is refered as a "MVS kit" in Shawn's store...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Nomax:
Is "SvC Chaos" Jamma or MVS interface?
I mean, Jamma only got 3 buttons and SvC PCB is refered as a "MVS kit" in Shawn's store...
It's MVS... what I want to know is, how are the speakers wired... MVS or Mono like the new boards?

-Nick