Sammy to publish KoF EX

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
As reported on Pocket.IGN.com:

Marvelous Entertainment revealed its Game Boy Advance version of King of Fighters back in August at Space World in Japan. The game was smoking back then, and US publisher Sammy has announced that it will be releasing the game stateside.
The Game Boy Advance game will feature Team, Single, Vs., Survival, and Practice modes, as well as support for two players via the link cable and two cartridges. KOF EX's roster of characters will include 18 fighters, 2 bosses, and 10 strikers.

The company did not reveal a release date for the game, titled The King of Fighters EX -- Neoblood, but because the game's nearly finished and ready to go in Japan, it's a good indication that the fighter should hit close to the holiday season in the US.

------------

Great news!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
good old sammy..............

nice to see you again

viewpoint 2...........

500 megs...........

giga power...............

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Egm has a short review of it in its new issue. Street Fighter is really good, so I hope it gives it some stiff competition

Kuryakin

Cheng's Errand Boy
this is great news. I'm actually kinda suprised that its getting a us release. I wonder if sammy is going to bring over the GBA version of guilty gear X as well... The movies I've seen of both of these games look awesome, much better than the Street Fighter 2 on GBA

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Originally posted by Ralfakick:
<STRONG>Egm has a short review of it in its new issue. Street Fighter is really good, so I hope it gives it some stiff competition</STRONG>

SF on the GBA will be a tough act to follow, since it's basically a port of a SNES version of Super Turbo. For the record, there was never any official SNES port of Super Turbo, just SSF... but the GBA version is clearly a port of SSF for the SNES, but with the Super Turbo extra moves (like Cammy's Hooligan Roll) and super moves.

I imported the Japanese version a few months ago and I have to admit, it's pretty damn good; after all, it's SSF2T and it fits in your pocket.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Personally I think that the graphics are a little better on the GBA. I wish the Jap StFt2 turbo on the DC would come out here...sigh. Of course I am more of an snk fan so I am waithing for kof GBA even more.

dfx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
it comes out with a black gba special edition
snk-heavyd.gif