Wait For AES 2 or buy a used AES

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
I have been playing MVS carts for years, but want to play with the home carts a bit. How long before the AES 2 by !Arcade! is out ? Or should I buy a used machine ? How is the picture on these old ones ?

searchingtom

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
If I were you, I would go ahead and buy a used system. You can get them in PERFECT condition if your lucky. Buy one from Shawn(on www.neo-geo.com)! He is in my opinion one of the best retailers of Neo on the net.

Bryan

------------------
k99.gif
-Long live the Neo-

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Well, basically I think this choice bubbles down to patience.

From the posts here, it sounds as if it might be more beneficial to you to wait for the !Arcade! AES2 than to go buy a used Neo. Why? Well, most likely the Neo you get will not be modded, so it will not have SVid out. So, you would have to get it modded. I think the full mod (debug, SVid, and Stereo Outputs) are around $120 from Jeff Kurtz (Don't quote me!) so you would need to add that to your buying price also. The AES2 is rumored to have SVid by default, and priced @ $349.

Just random thoughts...

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Well i tink your best choice will be the AES II if it ever comes out like mouse said you got all things that normaly a official SNK system has not and you have to input yourself or pay someone to do it

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
If you can't wait then purchase a used Neo cartridge system now. Like Mouse said: the AES II is suppose to be the pinnacle of Neo-Geo systems. We'll just have to wait and see.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

S

Silent_Scope

Get an used AES isn't a bad idea but it's hard to find "good condition" one..........
How do you know if there isn't any problem with your used AES console?
I have my doubt......
I know there is one guy on this forum has a brand new spare Neo system.....ask him if he's willing to sell.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?