Sengoku Legends 2001

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
I don't know if anybody posted this yet but Magic Box has some news on SNK about the release of Sengoku Legends 2001 so check it out. hupplark_39

B

Bobak!

Here's the clip for those of you too lazy to click:
-------------------------------------

- SNK announced their arcade lineup for the upcoming AOU 2001 Amusement Expo, which will be held on February 23 - 24:

Nightmare In the Dark (Action) - a medieval 2D side scrolling action game with a dark theme
nightmaresnk.jpg

Sengoku Legends 2001 (Action) - the sequel of their classic action beat'em up in 1991, which takes place in the civil war age in Japan, you can play as one of the 4 unique ninja characters.
Professional Doncheung Slot (Slot Machine)

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Hasn't NGF been talking about this game for like 6 months now? Makes me start to beleive the Last Blade 3 rumor they were talking about too. I wonder what's next for SNK...

Matt

S

Silent_Scope

Sengoku? That lousy game has a sequel?
Oh my god......
If SNK loves to make sequel to those lousy games, why doesn't SNK make Super Spy II, 8 man, and Blue's Journey?

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Or how about:

"The Return of Success Joe: The Legend Never Dies"

I dont know, SNK may spice up the Sengoku game, but I dont see the game being very profitable... maybe I'm wrong..

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
The only concrete, existing sequel to Sengoku is its sequel, Sengoku 2, from 1993 I believe. I suppose many people felt the same as you since another was never made during the last seven~eight years. At this point just about anything is better than anoter trademark fighter though.

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
If SNK loves to make sequel to those lousy games, why doesn't SNK make Super Spy II, 8 man, and Blue's Journey?

Wouldn't the sequel to 8-Man be 9-man?
tongue.gif

more to tthe point, wasn't there a Sengoku shooter called Sengoku Ace? Here's a link to it: http://www.klov.com/S/Sengoku_Ace.html
and its sequel: http://www.klov.com/S/Sengoku_Ace_Episode_2.html

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I would actually love to see a good side scrolling beat'em up on the Neo. Even though these games are considered pretty dry these days, if it was done right it could be a lot of fun!

-Nick

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
WOW! This game is going to kick ass I bet!

I've always wanted to see what a major meg beat em up would be like on the neo! We have major meg shooters (like blazing star) and tons of big fighters... lets hope this is sengoku done 21st century neo style!

I'm stoked.

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Geddon_jt:
WOW! lets hope this is sengoku done 21st century neo style!

B]

Like Nightmare in the Dark?
wink.gif

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I love side-scrolling beat-'em-ups. I hope they do make another.

-BioMotor_Unitron

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
>>>>
Like Nightmare in the Dark?
>>>>

Well, I heard that Nightmare in the Dark was actually an older title "resurrected" for a modern release by Aruze. But if this new Sengoku was recently developed, it could have gotten the 500+ meg GIGA SHOCK!!! garou team treatment
smile.gif
LOL

NitD still looks like a cool game to me, I prefer fun gameplay to graphics. I'm probably the only person on earth who likes Gururin. That game makes me laugh harder than any video game I've ever played...

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
I'm excited. I used to play the heck out of Double Dragon and Final Fight. You're in Gainesville Geddon? I went to college there... used to play Neo at the Gatorcade my freshman year before I bought my own.

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
Hmmm...I'm getting that bad "Aruze releasing left overs" feeling. It makes more sense that NitD and Sengoku 2001 were games finished years ago and were probably cancelled, but polished up and released.

How likely is it that they would want to do a new Sengoku now. I personally like the Sengoku games, but I'll temper my expectations for the game.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I wonder if it might be better as a souped-up version of an old game. Back then people knew what they were doing when they were making a good side scrolling beat 'em up, gameplay used to reign supreme let us not forget, instead of making a crap game that somebody figured would be saved by giving it the "D.O.A. treatment" if you know what I mean.

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
Yes those were the days when side-scrollers ruled. final fight, streets-of-rage, some of my favorites, but i think we should just be glad they are even considering comming out with more games. i have both sengoku's i enjoy playing them, even more so with another person. i also think it's starting to get overcrowded with fighters except if they would come out with a Samurai-5 (weapons) and include all the previous fighters and some more new one's. hell everyone should have their own background and no sharing. Just a thought
hupplark_39

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Samurai-5 (weapons) and include all the previous fighters and some more new one's. hell everyone should have their own background and no sharing.

The King of Samurai 2001? or..... 1780? As long as it's by the original Samurai team.

[This message has been edited by Neo Bomber Man (edited February 20, 2001).]

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I'd love to see team play on Samurai. Why not merge SS with the Last Blade series. heheh Ohhh what sleep deprevation does to the brain....

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
And if my Chinese is not completely crap, Sengoku Densyou 2001 will allow for 1~4 player simultaneous action; something that hasn't been seen for years.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Hell yeah.. Brings you back to the X-Men, TMNT, and Simpsons days at the arcade. But how will they pull off 4 player?

hupplark_39

Kabuki Klasher
Yes, maybe this will be the next news we hear about (Samurai-5). and it would be the greatest game ever if they would combind SS & Last Blade. This would put the MVS back on track and light new fires in the arcades.
hupplark-39

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
SNK did the 4-player thing back in 1996 with a Special Edition of Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle, which came out about a week after the regular version, or so I was told long ago. Never saw the setup so I don't know how it worked, but I did recently see official confirmation that it existed.

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
SNK did the 4-player thing back in 1996 with a Special Edition of Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle, which came out about a week after the regular version, or so I was told long ago. Never saw the setup so I don't know how it worked, but I did recently see official confirmation that it existed.

Thanks NeoBomberman, that was one I was always curious about.

Geddon_jt

20 Year Member
Official proof Kizuna Encounter link up exists? Please elaborate.