Shawn "the king of the crump?"

C

Caris Nautilus

As neo bomberman already quoted in an earlier post, Here is a quote from shawn on this board:

"Brylmoo, if you send NGF a dime, I’m suspending you for stupidity. You know better than this. And if I ever send NGF a dime again, I would expect the same support by telling me what a stupid dumb ass I am."

Now it may just be me (Yea right), But could it be shawn is the real king of the crump? You seem like a bigger and bigger hypocrite every minute, I was wondering if anyone was gonna dig up old posts from you, Or if they might have been accidently "deleted".

I'm not trying to slander you, Just providing evidence. It really looks like you've been in it with NGF, How do you explain that quote?

You know playing the good cop bad cop routine could have really cleaned up for you guys, And I guess you both thought so as well...

Well shawn your a stupid dumbass
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 17, 2001).]

Robi15

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:

"I'm not trying to slander you, Just providing evidence".

"Well shawn your a stupid dumbass"
wink.gif

Smooth Caris, very original post.

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

C

Caris Nautilus

What's so wrong about it? He asked to be called a stupid dumbass in his post, If you read that far.

I'm just sick of shawn trying to make shit up about you know who, When it's really shawn who might be down with NGF. I mean god damn, The guy says he will "never deal with them again"

And now he's bussom buddies with them and shit, ordering all their stock.

I think people on this board should know if they buy from shawn they MIGHT be buying from NGF. Do you really wanna fill dions pockets?

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Here we go again mother fuckers i have no comment bich

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Shawn

snkusa.com
Damn, now that is a clever post. Nice sucker punch, no holding back on that one. I actually thought about bringing that quote up myself just so I could throw the pie in my own face before someone else did. Seems you beat me to it. The fact that I sent another dime to NGF does not mean I’m a cheater, a fraud, or a crook. The fact that I said “if I ever send another dime” prevents you from calling me a liar.

It goes like this. I started as a hardcore collector. I bought carts left and right, not for selling, but for collecting. In ’99 I bought 6 Super Dodgeball’s from Chris Ray. I won’t call them NGF SDB’s because they didn’t call themselves NGF yet. The reason for buying so many was because I wanted a perfect copy. The same goes with all other carts. It is a chronic obsession. I had to buy many copies of everything. I had to have a perfect insert, a perfect manual, and a perfect cart. Whitening on an insert is intolerable in my collection. It was and still is a constant buying frenzy, an addiction if you will. Then I found my self with extra’s of all these games, and that’s how the selling began. In fact, the neo store is only a few months old. Before I changed its name, it was the cart sale page, where I sold off my extra’s.

This addiction makes it hard to say no to buying anything neo related. Even one of the biggest anti-NGF bashers, Brylmoo “Fuck NGF”, was enticed by the new home carts NGF acquired. I didn’t want to believe it. Honestly, I was jealous that they scored such a large purchase. Why would SNK sell to them I thought? Many weeks later, after they sell off big chunks of the stock to NCS, Gamdedude, and Japan Video Games, I finally realize that they did indeed buy a large quantity of new stock.

Originally posted by SmokeYa:
I don't see Shawn as being a bad guy at all. I just think he is completely obsessed with Neogeo. He is so obsessed, that he quickly forget the fact that he got ripped off, once Dion dangled a few new games in front of him. Shawn's obsession stops him from seeing reality. It is almost like Shawn is a crack addict and Dion is the only crack dealer in town.
This quote was taken from the 3rd page of the topic below: http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000059-3.html

What I bought was the remainder of the NOS (new old stock) that the other retailers didn’t buy. None of the inserts have been changed out, non-freaked games only. I already explained how limited sources are for home carts. Want to know how limited the sources are for NEW carts and CD’s? Our only choice was NFG.

[sarcasm on] Flame me for all I’m worth, that’s what the forums are here for. Now Arcade is here, our savior. He is the purest of the neo collector’s, the most dedicated of the neo gamers, he’s here because he loves you. It’s not about the money, it’s about integrity. [sarcasm off]

I grow weary of defending myself and my decisions. Apparently the moderators have angered several of you by buying the English KoF 2k, just as I have angered several of you from my purchases. I am requesting that the bashing come to an end. We have taken note that our purchases are frowned upon and we will consider our decisions more carefully in the future. I understand that many members of the neo community are war like in nature. There must always be someone to talk bad about. I feel like I am in a spotlight. Whether I asked for it or not. May be it’s because of this site, may be it’s because of the forums. Sometimes I enjoy the spotlight, and then there are times like this. Every move I make is watched with very analytical eyes. I feel like I must set an example, so I try to be positive.

I will close in saying this. Mr. Young told me that only 25% of his company was geared toward the neo. I asked what other products he has, outside of the converter. He said many, but he can’t speak of them because they are top-secret government projects. On the phone, he said that if I were to visit, only certain rooms would be accessible, because of the government projects. This reminds me of my first encounter with Chris Ray. He said that if I visited him in Chicago, many of his manuals would not be in the cases because he removed them for storage. Eventually I discovered that the proto games were merely MVS conversions, and they lacked manuals. Someday we may learn that Arcade does not head secret government projects, and the inaccessible rooms comment was used as a cover up. Arcade’s business is being built on lies. It is clearly a new company, so new that only one page exists: www.neogeousa.com. Ironic that the converter, which represents only a fraction of Arcade’s endeavors, would represent the entire site. No further proof of previous products has surfaced, only the Final Fantasy trinkets on his ebay auctions. Such a foundation will eventually falter and backfire. This guy wants to be big, bigger than he really is. He wants to be on top, but he’s going about it all wrong.

How he managed to recruit the brightest of the forum’s members is beyond me. I see so much potential, and I see it squandered in bickering and separation. If Arcade’s bbs is so fantastic “a piece of heaven”, then what are we still doing here? We should be on this fabulous new first class intranet instead. He told me that he has 5 of his employees working on the board. One employee is assigned as the Administrator, and his job is to watch the forums at all times, but he will never participate in the action. Of course, everyone is welcome here. The Devils, NeoLord, Chris Ray, Dion Dakis, E3, and of course Ray Young and his 100+ employees have always been free to come and go as they please. I wonder if Arcade’s board will be as open and honest as our forums have been? Will everyone be welcome, or is membership limited only to the exclusive?

[This message will not be edited, deleted, or moved. Set in stone, I take responsibility for my comments.]

shroudz

n00b
GEEZ GIVE THE GUY A BREAK
1.Ya got a free forum thats unmoderated
2. a Neo Store thats reputable to buy items from
3.Shawn who sticks his neck out to put all this together and belive me it must take some serious cash and somehow I really don't think its that highly profitable.

I Mean cmon ppl , show a little gratitude here, I mean ok so he went and purchased some more NGF stock, thats his perogotive.
Its not really anyones business but he has been kind enough to share that knowledge. As long as when someone is purchasing from him that they know what their getting is oficial or not and in the condition that was stated.
I don't have that many posts and Im not a bigtymer but who gives a flying toss, I love the Neo as much as a lot of ppl, Im just unfortunately not as rich. So I don't wanna hear who is he to give an opinion, I read the posts on this board every day and they do take up a fair amount of my time as i read every single one.
In My deals Im always honest upfront and helpfull but Shawn compared to me ,the guy is a saint, I mean not a lot of ppl would allow themselves to be crusified on their own forum. I really wish a lot more ppl would stick up for Shawn in these forums and I know there are a lot of quiet admirers out there as well.

PrOzErG

shroudz good point

------------------

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
All I got to say, it's his decision to do business with whoever he pleases, even if the community frowns on it. He told us he did it, and if you dont like it dont buy it. NGF.. fuck, they are going to be a name in the Neo community wether we like it or not. Chances are, with the stock that they have carried and the sales that they have, its a possibility someone who hates them may end up with a previously owned NGF'ed cart on a future trade. I personally don't support them, but I could care less if someone else deals with them. Shawn created a great message board/site in the community, I dont think its right to be rude.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
wow
i leave the boards
to go to work
and all hell breaks
loose?
i m not sure what everyone
is up in arms about?
is it because a problem with
!arcade!
or is it with
the soon to be aquired neo
stock from ngf?
i m sure everybody
has the right to
have their own opinion
but this may be going
to far

1 if shawn does not feel
that !arcade! is not
someone he would like to
do business with then thats
his right as a person
, just like its everyones
right to deal with whomever
they want to or not
ultimately,
it s his money and its
his store, the ligitemacy
of !arcade!s product has never
been questioned by me or anyone
else. !arcade! is not (to my knowledge)
trying to pawn off their
product as the official
SNK product
they are simply trying to provide
the neo community with
as of right now excellent
convertors that work even
on encrypted games.
i think that is great
i think that they are providing the
neo community with an invaluable service
but if shawn does not support them
because he believes them to not
be a legitimate co.
then that is his opinion and he is entitled
to it.

now...

2 i personally do not like the
fact that he is buying stock
from ngf
it may be official product
but ngf in my opinion
is not a company that i would
personally support
i believe that they are trying
to coerce people into thinking
that they are SNKUSA
but they are not
i see them market their product
as official ngf goods very
similar to SNK goods with neogeofreak...
a name closely associated to the
great japanese magazine associated with
SNK... i can see newbies not knowing
the difference and paying near what
they would for the real, official
SNK product and all at the same time
thinking that they are recieving the
real thing.
i think this is rather decieving
and unbusiness like
i do not neccessarily support the
fact that shawn is buying official
stock from ngf
but would you rather have
ngf have it or shawn.. a reputable
person who found this site?
i dont know but i remember the
pictures of the shipment that
ngf got in
i became disgusted when
i seen dion in his
I AM YOUR NEO GEO GOD pose
i would not like to see
some one so pompous to ever
head up any SNK operations here
in the US or represent any one
who loves SNK as much as i do
but in the end this is
not my site, it is not my neo store
and lastly it is not my choice
i recomend to shawn that you
no longer support ngf
and that you keep the store
ngf free
but i am not going to flame you
for obtaining official SNK product

i love this site and i think its really
cool i can talk to people who value SNK games
as much as i do, neo geo fans are the most
die hard game lovers in the world
never will you find people spend what we spend on neogames what you can get a next generation gaming system for i mean thats incredible
i put off buying current games just so i can
get games from years ago...
i think shawn provides a great place
to appreciate that fact and i m
not going to hate him for doing this
.. just be alittle dissapointed maybe

[This message has been edited by rarehero (edited February 18, 2001).]

rarehero

20 Year Member
sorry i edited my post!
misspelled some stuff!

PrOzErG

rarehero you dont have to be sorry for other ppl you know why becose this forum is public you dont pay to get in so you can edit all you want man dont say your sorry

------------------

rarehero

20 Year Member
heh
cool
i just put that in cause
alot of people s been
changing what they originally
said in their posts
hmmm
btw
yamazaki s the original
yakuza MFer!!
HELL YEAH!

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by rarehero:
heh
cool
i just put that in cause
alot of people s been
changing what they originally
said in their posts

Actually, you're quite right rarehero. People HAVE been editing their posts, and either changing what they wrote, or removing the original message and leaving some bullshit like "I AM SNK". Obviously trying to manipulate stuff in the forums . . . funny thing is, in all the hundreds of posts I've put in, I've only edited maybe one or two. So I think there's no need for these certain people (who know who they are) to continually edit everything they write. Unless they're afraid of leaving their posts up for all of us to see . . . ?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
O.K.

Seriously.

Why must people take such strong stands on who sells what? Or who buys from whom?
Of all the parties involved here, the only one I have bought from is Shawn. I have NO bias towards, or affiliation with Shawn.
But I can say that he was as professional as I expect from any business person I deal with.
That's what I think this all boils down to, Neo collecting is subject to all the same free-market issues any other hot commodity is.
Let's not kid ourselves, in a few years these carts probably won't be worth half what they are now.... But we want them, don't we?
On the one occasion I bought from Shawn, I paid above what I thought the cart was worth, because I felt he was reliable and safe. Kind of like shopping at a mall department store... you pay more, but get a greater degree of customer service.
From what Dion and Chris posted on these forums, they sound like two of the biggest assholes EVER. I mean that, and I probably will never buy from them.
But the bottom line is that the games are what keeps me interested. I could give a fuck who thinks that they are "THE" Neo Geo, because none of us are..... no matter how bad some of us want to supplement their lives with that title.
Just a little reminder... All the people who produced and designed the games we are so interested in live in Japan and could give a fuck what we on these forums think.

S

Silent_Scope

I don't stand on any side.
I like here because it's a free forum and we don't need to pay anything in order to become a member. I appreciate what Shawn has done to us Neo gamers. I don't know Shawn in person therefore I have no right to say anything. I regard him as a Neo lover.
As a member in this forum, just want to give Shawn an advise: silent is gold. People will always dig out what you have said or done. Just like a lawyer, he/she will dig out everything and make you guilty in front of people.
I think most people aren't "attacking" Shawn, but try to find out answers. Like everyone has said, even Shawn, that this is a free forum. People like Shawn (or someone else), fine. Don't like him, fine, because you don't need to give any reason to dislike someone if you don't have one. They complain, we just listen and watch. Just like in Gladiator, right? We are the ones to judge, not by moderators or some specific persons. The process may be long and crucial, but we'll find out in the end.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
IM NOT SAYING SHAWNS A "THIEF", HE HAS TOLD LIES IN THE PAST, HES NO AVITAR, PLAYING GOOD COP BAD COP OFTEN.....AND HES DEALT WITH ngf A LITTLE TOO OFTEN FOR COMFORT.....

IS HE A FUCKER?
NO, HIMSELF AS A PERSON IS NOT IN QUESTION......
ITS HIM AS A BUSINESS MAN......

BILLKWANDO ASKED ME FOR ADVISE BEFORE JUST ABOUT DISSAPEARING OFF THIS BBS.....IT WENT AS FOLLOWS.....

BILL WAS UPSET THAT SHAWN WAS OVERPRICING, GOUGING THE MARKET LIKE AN ngf, WHEN HE WAS MAKING SUCH A LARGE PROFIT.......
I TOLD BILL SIMPLY, IF YOU WANT TO BE A FIEND TO HIM, LET HIM JUST BE ONE OF THE GUYS....SOMETIMES YOUVE JUST GOT TO LET PEOPLE OFF THE HOOK "OR" YOU KILL HIS "ONE OF THE GUYS" LIFE STYLE AND MAKE HIM JUST A BUSINESS MAN.......

IT WAS SOLID ADVICE......YOUVE MADE IT QUITE CLEAR YOU WANT TO BE A BUSINESS AND ONE OF THE GUYS, LIKE I TOLD BILLKWANDO, IT CANT HAPPEN.......IT WAS HIS PERSONAL CHOICE TO LOWER THE HEAT AND BOW OUT ON THAT ADVISE......NOT THAT YOU WERE RIGHT, BUT THAT HE DIDNT WANT TO KILL YOUR "FUN" SIDE OF THE NEO.......

YOUR A BUSINESS MAN NOW, THROWING AROUND TRASH LIKE ONE OF "US"......!ARCADE! DID THIS !ARCADE! DID THAT......

RAY SAID TO ME "ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS" WHEN THE CONVERTOR ISSUE HAD CLEARED.....AND THEY WERE PROVEN RIGHT!

THATS HOW THEY INTEND TO GO.......BY ACTIONS.....

YOU DEAL W/ngf.....I WONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM, PERHAPS A GREAT DEAL, BUT YOU CHOOSE THOSE WHO YOU AFFILIATE WITH!

AND YOU ARE HELD RESPONISBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.....

THATS LIFE AS A BUSINESS MAN.....
DEVIL GUI

B

Bobak!

Don't worry, be happy!

Let other people with different views exist as long as they don't F--- with you
smile.gif

I had problems with converted carts being hawked as real, but now there's enough word out to keep the world relatively in line.

People have a right to do whatever they want!
(no matter how dumb)
((As long as they don't screw you... and nobody here's been severly hurt by a post of something someone else did))

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited February 18, 2001).]