It's alive!!!

Wow... Out of sheer curiosity I did a Yahoo search on the Neo Geo today.

I was quite impressed to find the community still around. When I left the scene (and retired 'Christopher's Unofficial Neo Geo Page') in 98 things seemed like they were winding down. I guess the recent surge with emulation helped re-spur interest and introduce some new fans.

Granted, in retrospect, selling my cart and CD systems seemed like a good idea... I was in college, needed the money, and I had a significant other to occupy my time. Now, I am not in college, money isn't quite so tight, and unfortunately the girlfriend isn't here anymore... I sure miss the Neo Geo!
smile.gif

I don't suppose I could ask for a quick re-cap of the last 3 years??
wink.gif
Yes, I know about the failure of SNK USA, and the whole coming and demise of the Neo Geo pocket... All interesting events.

I was sorry to hear about all that garbage with Chris Mullins. Back in the old days that guy wasn't quite so bad. His FAQ borrowed some of my material, but he was kind enough to put me in the credits. Otherwise, the only thing I remember about him is that he seemed to be a huge wrestling fan. Apparently all the troubles occurred after I departed.

Anyway, greetings to anyone who I have corresponded with in years past... And to everyone who hasn't the vaguest clue who I am; Nice to meet you, so to speak.

Now all I need to do is find myself a Gold system with Magician Lord and Last Resort, and I'll be happy... Yikes! Suddenly I feel old, considering that I bought my first Neo Geo on my birthday 10 years ago.

Time flies when you are having fun!
Christopher

-revision: changed 'dumb idea' to 'good idea'. If it were a dumb idea, I wouldn't have done it.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited February 17, 2001).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
Welcome to forums, glad you found us. We have Bobak! to thank for the yahoo links. He took the initiative and submitted the site to yahoo recently. It’s great that they finally updated their search engine by adding neo-geo.com. Now if we can only get them to get rid of the other two links, which are dead links. SNK USA and Neo Generation.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Christopher!
smile.gif
Welcome back! I'm the guy who purchased your CD system and games before you
left the scene.
Your site was #1 and I hope you decide to resurrect it for the memories.
brhead5.gif

-BB

B

Bobak!

Yup,

Good to see the Yahoo link's already worked
smile.gif

Welcome back the community: Roll up a chair, and enjoy the colorful soap opera it sometimes turns into
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yehaaaaaaa

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Well I'll be darned... People remember me!

I feel like Norm from Cheers.
smile.gif

Big Bear: How many games are you up to? I *really* miss Last Resort and Pulstar. Magician Lord has also been my favorite platform game to date (I must have wasted $20 in quarters on it before I bought my original system).

I still have my old website on disk, with all the files (media section, theme pack, etc). I am considering putting it up on my domain, but not until I give it a once-over (convert everything to ASP, make sure my email form works, etc).

Anyway, as usual, my life is insanely busy, but I am sure I will drop by from time to time to say hello... I am also fighting the urge to visit ebay, and bid on a system
smile.gif

B

Bobak!

That may not be a crazy idea, eBay hasn't been bad for systems recently.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Welcome back, its good to see the community booming in numbers. Congratulations shawn, 500+ members you allways have my support and christopher im glad you are back you probably could give me some good advice man i am almost shedding a tear.........

smile.gif
-LWK-
smile.gif

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Chris,

Welcome back to the NEO GEO community.

I live in SAC too. It is so nice to know there are others here who enjoy NEO GEO too, because somethimes it feels like I am the only one in SAC who has a NEO GEO AES.

NSX-T

LWK: Don't shed a tear! As far as I know, I have yet to make a grown man cry. Actually, I would rather keep it that way... I'm always here for advice and questions, email is best because I am too busy to check discussion forums on a regular basis.

NSX: I doubt you have the only AES system in Sacramento. I sold mine a long time ago, so I don't know where it might be! Although two of my good high school friends (from Ohio) also live in Sac, so you are certainly not the only one around that likes the system.

A question for anyone that might know... The Neo-Geo.com flash intro, where is the music from? It sounds familiar, but I can't place it.

You know, the more I think about it, I resent being called a "Timid Neo-Newbie"!
smile.gif

Ciao for now...

-revision: grammar tweaks... I am obsessive
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Christopher (edited February 20, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Christopher:
You know, the more I think about it, I resent being called a "Timid Neo-Newbie"!

Tell me about it, but don't worry -it passes quickly. Consider it a right of passage
biggrin.gif

"Hazing the Newbie"
(regardless of knowledge)

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")