When do prices become....

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
...a basic rule of supply and demand or simple greed. This post is NOT directed at ANYONE. I am simply asking where that line gets drawn? Say I have an AMERICAN Gowkiezer. According to EBAY it sells any where from $$460 - $510 plus the shipping from overseas.Also these are ALL without pictures! So you are going on word ALONE. So I am thinking the game is worth about $500. The price guide (which I know isn't set in stone and is just to help out says $450 -$550) which lies in the boundaries of what it should. But what If someone posts a mint ENGLISH Gowkieser and wants $600? Is he greedy or is it justifiable? Since the cart is hard to find and we are saying mint condition, where is the line drawn? $600 isn't that far from $550 is it? What if he posted pictures? Mark of the Wolves keeps going up in value. If the game sells for $700. then someone else sells it for $725. then $750. then $800? Where is the line. Then is the "crazy NICE guy" really crazy anymore or is he now being "realistic"? Please feel free to comment because this whole pricing issue seems to bother me. I don't want to rip off someone but then again I don't want to get ripped off myself. Just to clarify this post IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE. I just used examples. Thanks......and remember if you can't be honest....why post? Thanks for your input.....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

[This message has been edited by djbomberman (edited February 16, 2001).]

C

Caris Nautilus

Yea you better write that, lol. I swear the guilt some people have over their heads, And yes Shawn this is directed towards you this time, So you won't have to guess

Originally posted by djbomberman:
This post is NOT directed at ANYONE.

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 16, 2001).]

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I've been disillusioned by neo cart prices for the past year or so.

Its the fairweather fans who buy and sell games all the time that pay these prices, the people who HAVE to have MOTW even if there is only one place selling it for $700, only to sell out the next month because bills are due. I don't mean this necessarily in a bad way, but lots of people here in the neo scene are not in it for the long term. There are exceptions of course, but most people who want a rare game will just wait until an affordable one pops up. They all do, just a matter of time. Avoid impulse purchases.

People have *no right* to criticize sellers for pricing games. The buyers are the ones giving them the cash. The sellers do NOT dictate market price, as they cannot force consumers to buy a product. Sellers shouldn't be blamed for pricing things high when people pay these high prices, otherwise they would be shooting themselves in the foot. That's just how a market economy works really. If EVERYONE thought a price was too high, nobody would buy it and the seller would be forced to charge less.

Just my two cents.

C

Caris Nautilus

Sellers can charge whatever they want, It's the buyers that decide if the price is to high. As long as people pay the high price, Others will sell it for that high.

When no one buys they always lower the price

Originally posted by djbomberman:
...a basic rule of supply and demand or simple greed. This post is NOT directed at ANYONE. I am simply asking where that line gets drawn? Say I have an AMERICAN Gowkiezer. According to EBAY it sells any where from $$460 - $510 plus the shipping from overseas.Also these are ALL without pictures! So you are going on word ALONE. So I am thinking the game is worth about $500. The price guide (which I know isn't set in stone and is just to help out says $450 -$550) which lies in the boundaries of what it should. But what If someone posts a mint ENGLISH Gowkieser and wants $600? Is he greedy or is it justifiable? Since the cart is hard to find and we are saying mint condition, where is the line drawn? $600 isn't that far from $550 is it? What if he posted pictures? Mark of the Wolves keeps going up in value. If the game sells for $700. then someone else sells it for $725. then $750. then $800? Where is the line. Then is the "crazy NICE guy" really crazy anymore or is he now being "realistic"? Please feel free to comment because this whole pricing issue seems to bother me. I don't want to rip off someone but then again I don't want to get ripped off myself. Just to clarify this post IS NOT DIRECTED TOWARDS ANYONE. I just used examples. Thanks......and remember if you can't be honest....why post? Thanks for your input.....

B

Bobak!

If you can't stand the heat of Home carts...

Get out the of the kitchen and into the wonderful, sensible, much-much better gaming quality of M - V - S!!!

Yeah!

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

endgamer

Another Striker
The pricing game is all about greed. Why else would anyone sell the games they had sitting around collecting dust until they notice someone bought one at "price" then hey if someone bought "A" for that much and I have "A" then someone else will pay me even more for "A".

I have noticed this lately with the MVS Super Dodgeball game. I have been looking for this game since I got into the NEO scene and have only seen two on ebay since last May, until last week when one went for $500 plus and almost immediately another SDB auction sprung up and that person was stating how much the last one went for. After that another SDB auction sprung up with the starting bid at 200.00 and even here on the forums is yet another for sale starting at 200.00.
I thought it was sooooo rare. Sure does not seem like it anymore. This practice goes for all games on all systems. No game is really rare because if it was then I would not find half a dozen up for sale on ebay or various stores.
The final price will always be what someone is willing to pay and believe me someone is always willing to pay.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Originally posted by Geddon_jt:
I've been disillusioned by neo cart prices for the past year or so...

There are exceptions of course, but most people who want a rare game will just wait until an affordable one pops up. They all do, just a matter of time. Avoid impulse purchases...

Yeah I understand and agree with you on the seller aspect BUT what seems to happen is that one of these games gets put up on EBAY which seems like the only way to get them. And it's a mad buying frenzy....just look at this one for a MVS cart....
Super Dodge Ball
I see it all the time. Some one gets a really good deal then turns around and sells it. This is the problem I have where is the line drawn? Hope this makes sense....

C

Caris Nautilus

When someone is selling a game, And claiming that it's rare theres one clue to tell you its BS. THIER SELLING IT!

If it was that god damn rare you wouldnt even see it for sale, An example of rare is the PCEngine LT, Or the Bandai Pippin system and games.

None of the shit you see on eBay is rare, because everyweek its for sale! lol

Originally posted by endgamer:
The pricing game is all about greed. Why else would anyone sell the games they had sitting around collecting dust until they notice someone bought one at "price" then hey if someone bought "A" for that much and I have "A" then someone else will pay me even more for "A".

I have noticed this lately with the MVS Super Dodgeball game. I have been looking for this game since I got into the NEO scene and have only seen two on ebay since last May, until last week when one went for $500 plus and almost immediately another SDB auction sprung up and that person was stating how much the last one went for. After that another SDB auction sprung up with the starting bid at 200.00 and even here on the forums is yet another for sale starting at 200.00.
I thought it was sooooo rare. Sure does not seem like it anymore. This practice goes for all games on all systems. No game is really rare because if it was then I would not find half a dozen up for sale on ebay or various stores.
The final price will always be what someone is willing to pay and believe me someone is always willing to pay.

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
WE DONT EVEN NEED TO INSULT EACH OTHERS INTELLIGENCE, BY ADDING IN "SHILL BIDDING" DO WE?

OR HYPE?......VINCYWY WAS HYPING METAL SLUG TO "ONLY 100 COPIES MADE EVER"......IF I WANT TO HEAR BULLSHIT ILL GO TO THE DENTIST......

A FOOL AND HIS MONEY SOON PART......
THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE W/SUPER DODGEBALL......
DEVIL GUI