Video Game Bible project

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Hi all, I'd like to let everyone know that I'm currently working on a project at Video Game Bible
http://www.videogamebible.com

(for some reason the site is not working now but check a bit later)

What is done at Video Game Bible? Well, this is the extension of the retrogaming world Digital Press
http://www.digitpress.com

Digital Press is the bi-monthly publication of retro-gaming, traditionally, Joe Santulli (the main person in charge) covers every system from Odyssey to the current game systems (PS2, Xbox and Gamecube). DP also has a Collector's Guide, a book of about 300 pages covering the systems from Odyssey to NES, new edition every year. They're also the host of the event Classic Gaming Expo
http://www.cgexpo.com

With new systems coming out every few years, he simply can't keep up with all systems. So Video Game Bible is working on a new collector's guide for the systems from post-NES up til Saturn, natually this includes Neo-Geo, I'll be the editor of the Neo-Geo/CD, Virtual Boy and LaserActive sections, possibly FM-Towns Marty later on. Just like Digital Press Collector's Guide, it'll have revision every year and we're near the deadline for the first edition, as well as bi-monthly publication like DP (Andy is already writing 3rd issue).

I'd like to know where I can find pics of the Neo-Geo/CD hardware and accessories and game covers (regular photo size, 40 to 80 KB preferred), especially mahjong controller, MAS sticks, Hori sticks, simply email me of the links or post them in this thread

vincewy@hotmail.com

(please do not send me attachment of the pics, I'll not open the emails unless it's someone I know in the community very well)

The publication will be ready in a few month so ask Andy at VGB about reserving a copy.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

damn someone remembers oddesssy!...

k how bout bally starcade,or vectrex..

or fuk the first pong system with the knobs...

yea mutha fakas i had em all.........

cant leave out colecovision

or intellivision..

or mattels sports handhelds..

playboycougar

Reese. ,
ya i have the pong w/ the knobs and the colecovision, and guess what? i picked 'em up at a flea market for a total of $1 yes thats $1, MUHAHAHAHHAHAH

my new year resolution is to DESTROY flood control

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
still have some colecovision games

zaxxon included

good old zaxxon

and ANTARCTIC ADVENTURE

that game was ace

Dan Elektro

Morden's Lackey
20 Year Member
I have about 25 consoles, including the Odyssey 2 and Vectrex...sounds like a great extension of Digital Press (Joe's a minor deity)!

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Speaking of digital press....... I still can't get my mind off their collection pics. Man, those were awesome and mind boggling.

Nepenthean

n00b
I just wanted to post a little correction to Vince's post. Video Game Bible is not an "extension" of Digital Press, and Joe isn't the main man in charge. On the other hand, Andy Slaven is, otherwise known as "VGB". Just wanted to clear that up -- while we are DP fans and friends of them, we aren't oficially affiliated with them.

Keep on gaming, guys, and stop by the VGB board if you get a chance. Memory Lane is calling you.

[ January 01, 2002: Message edited by: Nepenthean ]

Howdy everyone, Andy here. Yep, just wanted to poke my head in real quick and thank everyone that came by the site for info on the upcoming book.

To clear up a few things real quick:

Joe and I are good friends, but Digital Press and Video Game Bible are two completely seperate things, with no official ties of any kind. We basically fill in the gap between Digital Press and modern games.

I hope that Neo Geo is well represented in the book with two unique systems being covered, and possibly even the NGP and NGPC covered in a future book.

Thanks again for those that dropped by, and I hope to see you around again. And in case you didn't get the link, here it is: http://www.videogamebible.com