How much is the mahjong controller REALLY worth?

jekbrown

New Challenger
Just a question. If I missed it on any of this site's price lists I apologize. =) Can a few super-neo gurus give me a guess-timate price _range_ as to how much one of these is worth...assuming of course that it is complete in box, and in new or like new condition. Thanks much,

Jason

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
$25 - $50, give or take.

biggrin.gif

C

Caris Nautilus

I think anywhere from 600-1100 depending on condition and how high or low the seller wants to sell it for.

Not many were made, So it is very very rare.

Over all unless you are a mahjong FREAK, or have to own every possible thing that is neo geo. It's not worth over 50 bucks, lol

Originally posted by jekbrown:
Just a question. If I missed it on any of this site's price lists I apologize. =) Can a few super-neo gurus give me a guess-timate price _range_ as to how much one of these is worth...assuming of course that it is complete in box, and in new or like new condition. Thanks much,

Jason

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Caris Nautilus (edited February 16, 2001).]

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Well Shawn is selling one for $750 in the Neo Store whit Box and manual

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Does anyone here have one? I have been trying to find out the pinouts/wiring for the controller. I'd like to try to build one. Because 700 bucks, is soooo not worth it(unless your a insane collector). It better be GOLD plated for that much money.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
It is worth only as much as some damn fool is willing to pay for it.
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

sor2_axelrpunch.gif

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited February 18, 2001).]

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well when putting values on items it is always a issue with demand.

On one hand you can say it is worth $500-1000 because that is what the sold in the past for or that is what someone feels they are worth.

One the other you can say it is worth $50 because that is what someone else feels they are worth.

But what really determines it's value you have to think about demand.

Chibi Marko Quiz may be a rarer game then metal slug but is it worth $1000.

I have never held a Majhong controller myself so I can not say how they are made, IMO since I can not even play the mahjong games I do own for the Neo with the joystick the mahjong controller is not high on my list for Neo collecting or needs so personally I do not place a high value on them.

Really it is what you can get for something. But you can think that the one here have been sitting for awhile so (really since the neo store opens from what I remember) and have not sold so Judging that this site is frequented quite often by Neo buyers I would say the value at most is between those price ranges $450-$750, but proably a bit lower since they have not sold. Personally I have no desire to own one since all I would do with it is put it on a shelf.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Not many were made, So it is very very rare.

Not quite. They used to sell used (loose) ones in Japan for about ¥2800 was it? back in the early~mid 90's.

I nearly even got one myself for $25 + shipping last year, but some lucky fellow beat me to it. Oh well.

B

Bobak!

I'll trade a live caucasian male (will arrive sedated, of course), shipped Priority Mail. Answers to name "Andrew." Continue to give him the shots I use (included) to keep him docile, confused, and unclear of his life or past.
If he does become aware again (ie, asks "where am I", "who are you". "where in the F#$* is my mother-f*$&ing roommate"), knock unconcious and dispose of.

One Mahjong controller OBO.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")