NG.com T-Shirt contest (Winners announced)

Shawn

snkusa.com
The design a Neo-Geo.com t-shirt contest is about to begin. If you have any suggestions on how to further enhance the contest, please post here.

A few days will be allocated for suggestion posting. When the rules are finalized, the contest will officially begin.

View the proposed contest page <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/contest/contest2.htm" target="_blank">here</a>.

[ January 11, 2003: Message edited by: Shawn ]</p>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
Is this a home cart prize only? Or will an MVS equivalent be availiable?

How many colors are going to be allowed? I imagine 4 or less.

Maximum dimansions? Or are we limited to our own creativity?

EDIT- dimansions? pfft. "dimensions".

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Daisuke Jigen ]</p>

7zark7

, ,
can the design include the type of shirt...say a 3/4 sleeve or a hooded sweat shirt....or should it just be a plain T-shirt?

Shawn

snkusa.com
Is this a home cart prize only? Or will an MVS equivalent be available?

By the time the contest ends I may not have a copy of any specific MVS cartridge to give away. It is safe to say that the 3 mentioned home carts will be available come award time. You can always sell or trade the prize(s) to suit your needs. Or, to really arouse interest, 1st place could be a new Rage of the Dragons MVS kit. We will see, contest has not finalized or begun yet.

How many colors are going to be allowed? I imagine 4 or less.

Good question. Maybe one of the members can suggest the maximum # of colors to be printed, or if there should even be a limit.

Maximum dimensions? Or are we limited to our own creativity?

Of course you can always specify the dimensions of your design. However, the art will most likely be scaled to fit the shirt come print time. For example, your front design/logo may be 1’ x 1’ originally but may be shrunk to 3” x 3” to be printed on the upper left pocket of the t-shirt.

can the design include the type of shirt...say a 3/4 sleeve or a hooded sweat shirt....or should it just be a plain T-shirt?

It’s summer time. Please design for a normal t-shirt w/ or without pocket.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
Number of colors will seriously affect the cost of producing the shirts. I would say regular 4 color pocess (CMYK) is the way to go.

On the issue of the prize, what about your choice of the home cart or the equivalent value in a Neo-Geo.com store credit? That way you could throw some cash in and maybe get something more expensive if you wanted.

Crazyman_bob

Galford's Armourer
Can you submit more than one entry, and if you don't own a Home Cart or MVS system, could you have the equivalent in cash?

In what form do we submit our entries? Do they need to include measurements/etc., or just a basic outline of what the shirt should look like?
Do you want the design only or the design on top of a shirt graphic?

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Yeah, this sounds like a great contest. But I want to know if we can have more than one entry, I mean I have like 3 different idea's for shirts already.

BTW, may I suggest putting up a gallery for all the entries?

Peace

JHendrix

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
My Father in law has a T-Shirt printing Business (you can probably find a better deal but I can talk to him if you want) But I will call him tonight to find out about color to cost details (4 seems like just too few).

I also thik that there should be a max of 2 or 3 entries.

There should be specification also such as only on front image, or front and back, or sleves (personally I think that it should be front and back) need specifics. Does it have to say neo-geo.com (as opposed to <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com," target="_blank">www.neo-geo.com,</a> http:// ect.) or not at all.

Ther should be a few lines drawn, but not too many!

Muten

Kabuki Klasher
I suggest to put online a clear shirt (one for each color) in a big size...
So we can add the images with a simple resize and a copy/paste...

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Originally posted by Briggs:
<strong>Number of colors will seriously affect the cost of producing the shirts. I would say regular 4 color pocess (CMYK) is the way to go.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd suggest a 4 color print at most, but let's not limit it to proces colors. If people know how to and have a program that let's them use spot PMS colors, that should be a viable option. Price wise it'd be the same when printing them out. 4 colors is 4 colors is 4 colors, whether I use CMYK or PMS403/PMS200/PMS211/PMS700.

Although depending on how many you get done and where you get them the price difference between 3 colors and 4 could be significant. Easily making the difference between a shirt that is $14.95 and a shirt that is $19.95.

Personally, I'm going to try to make as low color a design as possible. Even though it may not get votes because it's not as 'pretty', I think it'll come out better looking and be more economical.

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Yay, it's too cool for me! :cool:
What incredible prizes! Man, I'm not very good at design, but ... I have to do somethingggg nowwwww!!

Oh I'm so excited. Give some time to people to start designing something. More time, more quality :D

Go go go man!!

<PD> Anyone has good templates to start from? It's possible to print on t-shirt sleeves or we are only limited to front and back A4-A3 size?

I suggest to put online a clear shirt (one for each color) in a big size...
So we can add the images with a simple resize and a copy/paste...<hr></blockquote>
I think that's a good idea.

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
How are the entries going to be judged? One thing to take note of is that if your gonna have a limitation on colors then that will rule out the posibility of using color original SNK art without retouching the color on them to meet the color limit. If thats the case who ever uses original art better have some photo manipulation skills.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The # or colors should be settled on...ASAP that way there won't be people creating stuff unrealistic for a "T-Shirt".
I know alot of you like things to be affordable so something "wild" would be simply out of the question for the masses who wish to purchase one...
-BB

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
<strong>I know alot of you like things to be affordable so something "wild" would be simply out of the question for the masses who wish to purchase one...
-BB</strong><hr></blockquote>

BB you so crazy! I remember when your shock boxes came out and every one was like "well if they were like $5 i'd get them" (yes I was one of them)

But you are right. W/O doing Iron-ons only like 4-6 would be under the $18 price limit.

aria

Former Moderator
I've always been a fan of "less is more" in design schemes. I think a really catchy, creative use of one or two colors (maybe even three) can be the most effective. Remember, the color of the actual shirt can also make a big impact on the need for color (if any).

I think a really hip, somewhat self-depreciating and/or strange motto would be funny, i.e:

"I spend thousands of dollars on video games. Ask me how!"
"Neo Geo: The Other White Meat"

"PSwhatever"

"Real gamers do it in 2-D"

"Neo Geo.com: Community on Crack"

"Chicks Dig Samuari"

"Guns, Fists, and Samuari - Oh my!"

"Oswald was a Pussy"

"Neo-Geo.com: Please don't beat me up!"

...you get the idea...

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Bobak ]</p>

JHendrix

Is this for just a Neo Geo T-Shirt or one like that w/ the <a href="http://www.Neo-Geo.com" target="_blank">www.Neo-Geo.com</a> URL on it somewhere?

Actually I wouldn't mind having the shirt w/ the URL on there as Shawn is paying for the production of the shirt, but I may or may not put it on there depending on what design I come up with, so I'd like to know if it's mandatory.

Peace

JHendrix

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by JHendrix:
<strong>Is this for just a Neo Geo T-Shirt or one like that w/ the <a href="http://www.Neo-Geo.com" target="_blank">www.Neo-Geo.com</a> URL on it somewhere?

Actually I wouldn't mind having the shirt w/ the URL on there as Shawn is paying for the production of the shirt, but I may or may not put it on there depending on what design I come up with, so I'd like to know if it's mandatory.

Peace

JHendrix</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm not attempting to be a "wise ass" to you J because you da man but the thread is entitled the "neo-geo.com" T-shirt contest :-D so I would gather that the URL be mandatory if you intend to win this contest...
If you have just a "cool design"(as if that's not enough :-D)that would'nt look right IYO with a URL associated with it you may want to keep the design for your self promoting....
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Shapermc:
<strong>

BB you so crazy! I remember when your shock boxes came out and every one was like "well if they were like $5 i'd get them" (yes I was one of them)

But you are right. W/O doing Iron-ons only like 4-6 would be under the $18 price limit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I live and I learn... and "cost" is probably "thee" most important aspect to this
whole promotion....
The "cost" for production and the "cost" to the consumer is something you want to keep LOW in this case...
-BB

JHendrix

Originally posted by BIG BEAR:
<strong>

I'm not attempting to be a "wise ass" to you J because you da man but the thread is entitled the "neo-geo.com" T-shirt contest :-D so I would gather that the URL be mandatory if you intend to win this contest...
If you have just a "cool design"(as if that's not enough :-D)that would'nt look right IYO with a URL associated with it you may want to keep the design for your self promoting....
-BB</strong><hr></blockquote>

No offence taken BB. You'll have to excuse me today, my brain is fried bigtime lately due to this class I'm taking.

It's a Digital Communications class, that's being taught in 5 weeks, 3 nights a week, and 3 hours a night. I'm finishing week 2 right now and my brain is trying to exit my head to avoid further pain :D .

Peace

JHendrix

PS. But don't worry I still got a few T-Shirts lined up :)

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: JHendrix ]</p>

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
The major concern for me is since the winner is giving Shawn the artwork and receiving prizes for it, does this mean that Shawn has "bought" all rights to the art and they belong to him now?

I'd hate to see someone sink alot of hard work (even original art) into something really nice and then never be able to use that art for any reason they see fit.

-The Reverend 330 Mega

P

Professor_Mayhem

Well FUCK!!!

The Lou post was made by me. I'd forgotten that he logged in on my comp.

-The Reverend 330 Mega

JHendrix

Ok I have one shirt done right now, and it only uses 5 colors (can be trimmed to 4). I'm going to start a bunch more, but I'd really like to know the limits on how many you can enter, color limitations, etc...

Peace

JHendrix

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Lou Gojira:
<strong>The major concern for me is since the winner is giving Shawn the artwork and receiving prizes for it, does this mean that Shawn has "bought" all rights to the art and they belong to him now?

I'd hate to see someone sink alot of hard work (even original art) into something really nice and then never be able to use that art for any reason they see fit.

-The Reverend 330 Mega</strong><hr></blockquote>

SOLUTION: Whoever feels this way "need not apply"
I mean this is a "light hearted" project..and any artwork created for the T-shirt that happens to WIN will forever be associated with neo-geo.com
Why would the original artist/plagiarist choose to use an artwork specifically designed/created for this site elsewhere???
PLEASE..let's not make this more than what it is...
-BB