The forums are back!

Shawn

snkusa.com
After many long hours and late nights of attempting to restore the board, I decided to turn to infopop for help in salvaging what was left. I had downloaded neo-geo.com using auto in FTP. Apparently this corrupted certain files by saving them in binary instead of ASCII. Infopop ran a program on the files and fixed the problem.

The site is back at Hostway, but on their new Windows 2000 server. This is their newest server, Dual PIII 1000’s, and so far it has not crashed yet they claim.

Shawn

snkusa.com
email from infopop sent Thu 2/15/2001 1:07 PM:
Dave applied his considerable talents along with some slight of hand repair scripts written by one of our resident wizards. When the rabbit came out of the hat your site was working.

Regards,

Brett Harris
Director of Technical Information
Infopop Corporation http://www.infopop.com

zapr

New Challenger
Alright Shawn!!!
Congrats on saving us -- I was staring to get worried and was really missing this board!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
This is a conversation that I had with Shawn during the time that Neo-Geo.com was down...

Sorry Shawn I just had to post this...

I couldn't put names besides the text so you will have to figure out who is saying what(even though it is plain as day!)

The conversation started with me asking Shawn why his site wasn't working.

your site is still not working for me...I think their is something wrong with either your side or my side. I don't know whether or not it is my browswer or not cause it isn't picking up the full URL to all of your links. I can acsess the main page but, that's it. I wonder if this has anything to do with the transfer to the new host? I asked Fran about it and he said that he already had one guy ask him the same thing that I asked you.

hello. The site has been deleted from hostway. no longer exists. all gone. no more neo-geo.com
i didn't even get to do a backup in time.

Well that is just peachy. What does this meen for your site? Are you gonna put it back up? Or is it done for...

it's finished. arcade wins. they truely are the neo's future. hope their bbs is all that and more. no where to talk except icq.

I would have to have a talk with Hostway about this...man you had a good site. If I were you I wouldn't give up! What are you gonna do with all of your merchadise?

going to put it on ebay in one big auction. 1200 CD's 400 home carts, 8 systems. all at one time. probably get a lot more this way too.

and it will come with the domain name www.neo-geo.com

hmm cool!

hey man. i'm just kidding. about everything actually.

wtf?!?! I knew you were blushing....j\k!!!!

the site has been fully backed up. down to every last post, every page, ever picture. all 14000 files. took a good part of my evening.

FUCKING BLOODY HELL!!! I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK THERE FOR A MINUTE!

i tell you what. i really would have a heart attack if i lost that site. hundreds of hours of work.

I can only imagine. anyway.....back to making deals ; ) how much for a jap RBFF2?

shit, i don't even have my site to tell you what i have coming soon. no idea

sorry. I gotta go good night.

night.

------------------
k99.gif
-Long live the Neo-

Todd

Galford's Armourer
OK the seizures have ended! Back to normal i guess.

------------------
24221248.gif

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Finally i was starting to get bored YAY !!!!!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey great! The forums are back, thanks Shawn! I came here a short while ago to get caught up on Neo-Geo news, but this site has such a good group of hardcore gamers that I visit often!
biggrin.gif
Thanks again, I think you are doing a great job! Later!

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah....now I have something to do on my down time at work.....sheesh seemed like an eternity.....hehehe

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well I have to say THANKS for everything Shawn has done to get his site and forums back up and running. I know it must have been very frustrating and exhausting to deal with this situation, and we all really appreciate your hard work!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
thank god!
i have been
playing PSO
to keep my self
occupied!
thanks shawn
your site rules!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Great were all still alive!
smile.gif
Any new stuff coming to the forums? Mb its me but the icons are at different spots
wink.gif

Cho

kyo3.jpg

I

Iori

Whew, I once again have something to do. And right when I buy this new computer to boot too.

------------------
vicecharge.gif

Robi15

20 Year Member
Ahhhhh, home sweet home..(!?)

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

Robert

20 Year Member
It's a pleasure to come back to this forum, the best neo geo forum ever.
Thanks

B

Bobak!

...WITH AVENGENCE!!!

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")