Just got a bad Garou cart on E-Bay

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Opened up the Garou MVS cart I just paid $125 for and it was a bootleg !

I e-mailed the guy that sold it to me. I wonder what he will do. I bought it after bidding was closed, we'll see if the guy has integrity or not.

How long of a life can I expect from this thing ?

searchingtom

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
That's interesting how do you tell if you got a bootleg mvs cart?

Who'd you buy it from? I'm still trying to get my Garou replaced. I bought mine from Aslan11.

The worst thing isn't how long it'll last, but that the bootleg is a beta version. The final release is one of the protected games.

searchingtom

NEST Puppet
Received an e-mail, said he would refund which is encouraging. I will say who it is depending on how the transaction turns out - he may be on this board !!

To find out if it is a bootleg is referenced on another post which points to a website - thanks for the heads up !

searchingtom

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I bought mine from mdgamesales... yeah the marquee maybe fake, but the cart is real. I have also bought a lot of other carts from him, none of them bootlegs. I have delt with Aslan (Rich) as well, and although his prices are higher, and his carts not in the best of shape, I have never gotten a bootleg from him. Just a note for all of those who got a bum Garou cart,

-Nick

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
What does the bootleg look like? Are they non-SNK boards? Or are there erasable EPROMs? Does the label have the hologram?

I've been pretty lucky. I have never encountered a bootleg MOTW. I always check my carts before I sell them just in case. I'm just curious to what the bootlegs look like.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Hey smokeya check out this link given by RyoGeo back a little while ago...

ID a Bootleg 101

thank RyoGeo for this heads up...

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.