Fatal Fury Special : Dominated Mind???

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Is this a game for the MVS system? I am wondering. I haven't heard anything about it? I just saw it on the SNK's japanese site. I was just wondering what this was all about? I'm not sure about the possibility of a new AES release though...

Bryan

------------------
k99.gif
-Long live the Neo-

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
naw its
an import psx game
its real bout special
with a new boss and
animated cut scenes
its actually pretty good
the load times arent
tooooo baad
plus its redbook
so you can listen to
the bgm too

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Cool! I might have to check it out sometime!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I would have to say that I was generally pleased with the game when I got it. The line sway system is gone, probably to streamline the gameplay on the PSX, the sound's a little tinny and the visuals look a tad grainy, but other than that I have to say that there was a lot of stuff in the game that made it worth playing. The characters have one or two new moves each, boasts the complete roster of Real Bout Special, still moves and plays pretty fluidly and the animated cutscenes are nice. Other than Fatal Fury: First Contact for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, Dominated Mind is the only game that has Alfred as a playable character without having to 'cheat' to play him (dipswitch settings and so forth). And if you get the special edition of the game (like I did), it comes with a second disk that has all kinds of extras; picture gallery, Duck King dance mode, chara profiles and so forth. The best feature about the fan service disc is the mini quest mode, where you play a reporter compiling information about the Fatal Fury characters. Every Fatal Fury character up to Fatal Fury Special can be interviewed (no Alfred, Rick, or Xiangfe). The quest mode even has speech, so you can hear the characters talking! Not only can you interview characters like Michael Max and Hwai Jai, who only showed up in the first game, but also obscure, non playable characters like Ripper and Hopper!

Anyway, it's worth picking up. It's not really the same game as RBS, so it's not like you're buying something you might already have. And all of the extras (animated cutscenes, playable Alfred, etc) give even more incentive. I don't know how easy it'll be to find, but go for the special edition if you can get it. You'll be able to tell the difference between the two by the color of the cover (special edition has a white backdrop, normal has red) and the fact that the special edition is a double jewel case.

Taiso

S

Silent_Scope

I think I should grab one ASAP......

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Silent_scope-

If you're a Fatal Fury, SNK, or Neo completist, the special edition is worth the investment. Snagging one as soon as you can is probably a good idea, as rare as some of this stuff gets:P!

General correction-

I said that the quest mode had every character up to Fatal Fury Special. What I meant to say was REAL BOUT Special. Hence, the comment about not being able to interview Rick, Xiangfe, or Alfred that followed.

Sorry, sorry....

One more neat thing about the fan service disk I forgot to mention. If you let it run in the PSX, it eventually goes through all the opening demos for every Fatal Fury game up to and including Real Bout Special.

Taiso

PS-good taste in dream girls, silent_scope. She's damn hot!

Um...who is she
smile.gif
?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah, definitely grab a copy. I think NCSX still has some copies left. I am almost certain that it's the reg. version, though.

BTW, It's probably a Japanes model. Norikos...Hey, is that Noriko Aota?

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Does anyone know WHERE to pick up this title? I was going to pick up a copy from NCS, but they apparently don't carry it anymore. Help?

S

Silent_Scope

Damn, it's too late. Master Terry, I should pick one up two months ago when NCS still had the game in stock. Now it's gone.....what the.....it's gone.....:<
It's gone.....

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Doesn't buyrite.net have some fatal fury games for the PSX?? I think they should have it.

Cho

kyo3.jpg