Pirate cart alert:

B

Bobak!

Surfin' eBay and I saw this pirate cart up for auction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1212677156

While I know the older members know what those "corrected" games look like, newer members might not know the difference. (the easiest way is to look at Shawn's collection page -he has pictures of the actual SNK produced authentic games)

Just a helping pointer to the new folks. These games are not highly regarded by many members. If you want just the game, they're an okay buy. But if your interested in respected collectability, go for the original.

Bobak!

S

Silent_Scope

I can't tell the difference.
How?

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
The way you can tell is that the original MAgician Lord is in a purple box and the NGF "correct" genre stripe is on this one here I will post the picture side by side so you can see.....

27300825.gif

...here you go. The only real difference that I see is the insert other than that it's identical. Now you know and knowing is half the battle......hehehe....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

[This message has been edited by djbomberman (edited February 05, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

Exactamundo!!!

SNK never got the (and I do mockingly quote) "color coordination" right according to some people. So they decided to print the corrected colors (i.e. SNK supposedly intended yellow to be a platformer). Unfortunately, since SNK liked red so much they made most games with red stripes regardless of type (which was suppossedly intended for fighting games only). These same color obsessed pseudo-decortators also believe that the dog-tag logo on earlier games is a "blemish" that should be corrected. Apparently, respect for a true game is not in the vocabulary of some.

Yo Joe!

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited February 05, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by djbomberman:
The way you can tell is that the original MAgician Lord is in a purple box and the NGF "correct" genre stripe is on this one here I will post the picture side by side so you can see.....

Great job on that visual aid, djbomberman!

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

THAT ONE TO THE RIGHT IS A NGF CART...WITH THERE SO CALLED GENRE CORRECT COLOR STRIPPING.AHAHAHAHA..

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
Corrected carts suck. I would hate to get ripped off thinking I was getting an authentic cart. Since it has a corrected insert how do we know that the whole thing isn't a pirated counterfiet? And not just an authentic cart with a corrected insert.

Is it just the Insert that has Pirated or the whole cart ??
Cause I dont see the point in going to all the trouble to convert Magician Lord when you can buy the Game for $20

Shawn

snkusa.com
Higher quality magician lord pic for your viewing pleasure:
magicianlord.jpg

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
show off Shawn
tongue.gif

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

[This message has been edited by djbomberman (edited February 06, 2001).]