Bonuskun in the black book, WTF?

C

Caris Nautilus

Why the hell is bonuskun in the black book? What the hell is going on? If anyone knows fill me in....

------------------

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
He's in the black book for the reasons Shawn stated, much like why anyone finds their way into it: A running deal is incomplete, and by the looks of it, may not get completed. He told me he would honour his word, complete our deal, and did. But he's disappeared once more and left me without an address. So, I suppose we'll just have to be patient with him.

B

Bobak!

I personally wish that we had a sort of a general Neo Geo community black book so that those of us that have been screwed could have a very public forum to warn each other of sour dealers (posting is one thing, but eventually the thread gets pushed to the back and people forget).

Bobak!

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Well, Why dont one of ya'll make one?
Any of you could setup a small webpage on a free service like xoom or geocities. That way everyone can post their side of the story. And the other person could respond.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Bobak!:
I personally wish that we had a sort of a general Neo Geo community black book so that those of us that have been screwed could have a very public forum to warn each other of sour dealers (posting is one thing, but eventually the thread gets pushed to the back and people forget).

Bobak!

Having a public black book is a good idea, but what would happen if if the deal is made
and the seller and buyer end up having a disagreement for some reason? We don't need
people being slapped into this 'book' because some guy gets a hair across his arse. Its a
great idea and I'm all for it, but a system should be implemented (a few procedures) to
prove, without a doubt, that the person being placed in the black book is actually guilty.
This would be difficult to do, but some precautions should be taken to secure a person's integrity in case it does happen. Just my opinion..

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 03, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

I agree with you NeoLord, there has to a set of groud rules. That's why I've hesistated to suggest it until now.

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited February 03, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

NeoLord, tell us a best way to prevent bad seller/buyer in this Neo community.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
NeoLord, tell us a best way to prevent bad seller/buyer in this Neo community.

The best way to prevent it? The buyer should do the following if he/she is mailing their payment to the seller:

1.) Mail the article certified mail with a return receipt
2.) If you're dealing with the seller via e-mail, you should keep copies of the seller's messages. You should keep record of your replies to the seller so he/she can't claim you said
something else.
3.) Have the item shipped via C.O.D. if you can (this can be expensive, but it gives you a piece of mind).

For the seller:
1.) Begin by feeling the buyer out. Don't just send an e-mail with your mailing address, payment info, etc. I usually strike a small conversation with the buyer before e-mailing my mailing
address and payment info. Be personable with the buyer at first (a friendly letter will usually do the trick) and don't talk about the sale much at first. The initial response you receive from
the buyer will give you an idea of the buyer's personality. If the buyer sounds agitated, rude, or seems short with his response (i.e. rude or quick to judge) you're better off finding
someone else.

2.) Make your intentions clear. Mention any discrepancies related to the product you're selling before selling it to the buyer (i.e. mention any scratches that may be present on the
product, etc.).

3.) NEVER send the product to the buyer first!

4.) Always send your items via certified mail with insurance. Make sure the package can be easily tracked via the Internet.

I incorporate these pointers when making a private transaction on the Internet. It's worked for me.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 03, 2001).]

C

Caris Nautilus

Public black books are a bad idea. There is to much shit that could come up from that, People being wrongfully accused, Or other such things and having their personal info out in the open and branded a bad dealer when in accuality they aren't.

If you get ripped off, Or have a bad deal make your self a webpage and have your own black book.

A public black book will never ever work.

------------------

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
NeoLord, That's what I do too. Just wanted to add that certified mail is probably one of the saftest way. But, you can't use the number (that resembles delivery confirmation number)to track it on the internet--Only w/ delivery confirmation. Usually, delivery confirmation would suffice. That is unless you have a bad feeling, or it's something really expensive.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
NeoLord, That's what I do too. Just wanted to add that certified mail is probably one of the saftest way. But, you can't use the number (that resembles delivery confirmation number)to track it on the internet--Only w/ delivery confirmation. Usually, delivery confirmation would suffice. That is unless you have a bad feeling, or it's something really expensive.

Great minds think alike, Master Terry!
biggrin.gif

Certified mail might be a better investment, but.... does everyone remember me mentioning
my bad dealings with Sheri Pavlic -- she was supposedly selling a Neo cart system with
Baseball Stars on Classifieds2000? Apparently persistence pays off, because the State of
PA has started a case against her. This has turned into a battle. I have 5 other victims on my side, and their story is the same as mine. Sheri is claiming that she would never steal money from people, but as we all know, a thief would never admit to his/her guilt. There are too many holes in her story, but.... the State of PA wants to terminate my case because Sheri claims she's innocent. Funny.... when I first spoke to the State of PA, they said the P.O. Box number I had wasn't enough. They decided to mail the complaint forums to the P.O. Box anyway, and sure enough Sheri responded. This is the bad part: the State of PA is on Sheri's side (it seems) because she is a Nurse Practitioner and her career is in jeopardy. The facts speak for themselves here: if Sheri Pavlic isn't a thief, why does she have the same P.O. Box number and zip code as the one who stole my money? Surely it doesn't take an expert detective to figure this out.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

The Black Knight

Cheng's Errand Boy
frown.gif

Derek's phone line was disconnected...he can't get in touch with anyone. I think it may be back now.

Still, I don't understand...

The black book is labeled as "crooked thieves you should avoid" and "crooked neo traders/sellers"..."someone who has ripped me".

As far as I've heard, his phone just went down. It seems sort of...hasty to put Derek in the black book as a "crooked thief", when there's just been a delay, and you know he's not crooked because of his dealings in the past. It's odd to see him in the company of Chris Mullins as well, because Mullins ripped Derek off too.

Seems like once someone goes in there, they are forever branded a "crooked thief". Oh well...I just thought I'd say something. I don't quite understand, that's all. It'd be sort of nice if there was some deeper clarification as to what's going on, but I realize I'm not entitled to that.

Thanks for reading.

- The Black Knight

Shawn

snkusa.com
Takeshi Kuroda sold me thousands in neo merchandise. The package was lost. I lose $5000 in sales. Yet Takeshi does not qualify for the black book, he actually sent a package. I send $870 cash to a guy known as Julian in Hong Kong. He claims he never receives the money. My fault for sending cash, he does not make it to the black book. I pay Derek $310, two months pass and he still has not shipped the goods. He quits answering email and icq’s. All of Derek’s actions, intentional or not, qualify this deal for the black book. If he completes the deal, or provides a full refund, he will be removed.

I realize you are friends with Derek, which explains your concern. I did catch Derek on icq a couple days ago and he acknowledged that the goods should be shipped. Still no shipping date provided but he hasn’t forgotten.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I guess I forgot about this since it didn't get moved back up the ladder, but even though it may be none of my business to say anything, here is a quote from an e-mail I received on 4 Feb. from Derek:

"Just finally sent off Shawn his goods
and glad you got your money."

So, what's to be made of it all?

Shawn

snkusa.com
A few days ago, Derek was telling me that he hasn’t forgotten and he needs to get my package out. Sounds to me like he hasn’t shipped yet.