Ok, how much?

Mike

Bead Banger
I'd pay up to $300 for the AESII, no more than that however.

What would the forum pay?

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited January 31, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

I will offer $10, a cow and two yaks.

Whoa now, don't laugh! Those yaks are fine beasts -they will aid you in tilling your land. (and the cow is MIB!)

rolleyes.gif

Tokyo Drifter

Rugal's Thug
I believe Silent Scope said it best in another thread that there are so many new systems coming out that money is a big factor.

That said, I would say my limit would have to be $200. I know I'm going to be spending the most on Gameboy Advance stuff. Especially now with Sonic and Chu chu rocket advance. System of the year it looks like.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Mike:
I'd pay up to $300 for the AESII, no more than that however.

What would the forum pay?

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited January 31, 2001).]

Ditto. I've got a 2-slot MVS board I have never used, and from what I have read, the AES II should be able to run it. I have debated buying either a supernova or just wiring up the MVS on my own. This new system would let me play my home and MVS carts on the same unit (with the addition of an MVS) and let me pack my current system away for safekeeping (I'm tired of treating my AES like fine china-always afraid I'll scratch or damage it and be without a working system!)

S

Silent_Scope

My budget will be $250 up and down a little bit. If more than that, I'd rather spend on GameBoy Advance, Gamecube, or XBox. Remember PS 2 has DVD playback and DC has large game library that are surpass than Neo AES games in many ways. All Neo AES games are arcade-based and so do the game play. Plus Neo game library has few varieties therefore it limits the new gamer to join in (Home cart price is another big issue).
I will still support the NEO but money is a big issue for most of gamers. Just like I do support Arcade's new adaptor but has difficulty to invest that $399....really.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, you guys are leaving one thing out: what if it plays MVS games in additon to, or instead of, home games? If it does, that changes EVERYTHING. MVS games are so cheap relative to their home cart counterparts, that a console able to do that would be a valuable thing indeed! And if it includes s-video and stereo out, all the better, that makes it even more desirable. For something like that, I'd pay $499 easily.
biggrin.gif

Depending on what they pack in with it I would pay anywhere from $250 to $350 most likely. I would hope that it would be cheaper but it does offer many things over its predecessor like multiple joystics and S-video capability out of the box. Have to wait and see.

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by chimpmeister:
Well, you guys are leaving one thing out: what if it plays MVS games in additon to, or instead of, home games? If it does, that changes EVERYTHING. MVS games are so cheap relative to their home cart counterparts, that a console able to do that would be a valuable thing indeed! And if it includes s-video and stereo out, all the better, that makes it even more desirable. For something like that, I'd pay $499 easily.
biggrin.gif

But I'm afraid that price is still an important issue. Look at this way: if I have $350 in my hand, I would buy PS 2 even though I haven't seen any killer app right now. I can watch DVD (even though DVD playback feature sux) so my gf, mom or anyone will not bitch about I spend so much money on a "toy". Then I still got some money left so I can buy game as well. Neo AES system 2 (I may call it right now), on the other hand, let's say it can play both AES and MVS games on it. So what? It's just a game machine. Can't do anything else but just playing game. Game graphic can't compare to PS 2 "The bouncer" (game play is so-so but ultra high quality real time CG) or DC's "BioHazard-Code Veronical", for example. What's the point I have to spend another $600, for instance, on a aged machine? I used to think about getting a real arcade machine but I give up. Not worth. Technology is always faster than we thought so why spend so much money on game system? I want Dolby 5:1 and CG, can Neo deliver them to me? Can it play DVD or VCD? Look at Sega DC and you'll know why it withdraws from the market. Nowadays we are not just want to only play game, but more features will be better and it's the only way will make us take our money from the bank or credit card.
I like my Neo but it's time to see some renovation, not just re-released

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
JESUS
-
---
------
--
-------
---------

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well look I will not argue what people feel the worth of an item is but really if you price things today.

Neo geo system (no joysticks w/ps and cables) $150-$225

Fully Moded ($100)

a super gun without joysticks ($200-$250)

It's brand new factory pressed and redesigned ???

look I have a wide collection of jamma boards and a NGH and NGM collect. For me to have the ability to play all of these on one system that will hopefully look nice and to use any PC compatible joystick I would pay around $700-$800.

And I am not just thinking about Neo games here, I'm looking at My KI2 and such. I had a super gun at one point and it was awful but depending on the extra feature I can easly spend that much on a console. Just to play my CPS2,3, hyper and other games with if it is nicely made. Playing home and mvs carts and using the home menus and a new system just seem like a worth while purchase to me.

the Neo unit should be the heart of what you play with and if someone is willing to make a new one that will play the games and other extra features then I am all for that and willing to pay for it. But this is my oppinion on it.

besides the neo is a old system if my system failed today I have one backup to go to. if that goes bad I am screwed and will have to pay Shawn $375 for a fully moded system
smile.gif

Bad Mofo

Neo Geo Cup '98
If it would allow me to play my MVS or CPS2 games through a RGB cable on my TV, I would pay as much as $600. At the moment I am stuck with A SuperNOVA, of which the graphics SUCK (When compared to RGB Heaven!).
S-Video SUCKS.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
There was always a mod to use the RGB convertor inside the Neo to play jamma boards. it is just a mess to do with the wiring.

But to have it nicely and professionally done on a new system would be a big plus.

[This message has been edited by Big Bruno (edited February 01, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

I'd rather spend money on Sega games.
Look at how many Sega games haven't ported over to any home console? (Golden Axe II: Death Adder, Star Wars Arcade, Fire Fighter, and lots more)
Neo? I'll think about it.

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
I'd pay nothing. To me it's a garage made system and always will be. My real Neo Geo cart system will always be enough for me. I might take one for free though.

Ryan

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Hmmm... if it could play MVS out of the box, $300 or so would be very tempting. Still, my HGA setup suits me fine for now. Maybe once I see some pics of the system and find out just how good it is, I'll change my mind.
biggrin.gif

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
jesus guys, stop dissing the Neo. It's better than your GameCube and N64 or GBA shit. The only good Nintendo system was the NES. No, i'm not senile, i'm only 14.

bbspic.gif

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Hi Neo Geo fans,

I would pay between $200-$600 because we just do not know how well this gem will work. I will probably buy this item regardless though. Go !ARCADE!

NSX-T

S

Silent_Scope

Originally posted by NeoGML:
jesus guys, stop dissing the Neo. It's better than your GameCube and N64 or GBA shit. The only good Nintendo system was the NES. No, i'm not senile, i'm only 14.

bbspic.gif

How do you know it's better than GameCube and GBA? DC and PS 2 are better than Neo games. I'm 100% supporting SNK/Neo but we need new system, not re-released 10 years old machine. You can play your NES and be happy all day long, buddy. Or maybe update to NES 2 so you can play "Fatal Fury Special" on it.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Originally posted by Silent_Scope:
I'd rather spend money on Sega games.
Look at how many Sega games haven't ported over to any home console? (Golden Axe II: Death Adder, Star Wars Arcade, Fire Fighter, and lots more)
Neo? I'll think about it.

Sega doesn't port their games to other platforms? I think you should visit ign.com and read up on Sega's 'new' strategy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
How do you know it's better than GameCube and GBA? DC and PS 2 are better than Neo games. I'm 100% supporting SNK/Neo but we need new system, not re-released 10 years old machine. You can play your NES and be happy all day long, buddy. Or maybe update to NES 2 so you can play "Fatal Fury Special" on it.

I love talking to everyone here (I respect the opinions expressed in these forums) but if you (and others) feel your money would be better spent on a newer game system and not the Neo-Geo, why are you posting in these forums? No offense... just curious.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited February 02, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

As long as price is right, I will support Neo anyway.
Before Arcade has his final product, I just want to point out my opinion. Opinion is free, right
biggrin.gif

I love Neo but I can't afford overprice item....:<

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
As long as price is right, I will support Neo anyway.
Before Arcade has his final product, I just want to point out my opinion. Opinion is free, right
biggrin.gif

I love Neo but I can't afford overprice item....:<

I couldn't afford a second AES system, especially if it cost $700 or more! I understand why people find it difficult to accept this new system (I'm still recovering from the shock), but nothing has been heard from anyone. =( I'd like to know myself.

------------------
terry1.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!

S

Silent_Scope

no wonder I'm broke most of time (spending most money on videogame and DVD stuff)
If I make 6 figure salary, what the heck, I'll pay $3000 for brand new Neo MVS cabinet system!!!