Nightmare in the Dark - A quick review in Replay

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
The February issue of Replay magazine, page 95, has a short "review" of Nitd. No new pics tho. For those of you who don't get the mag, I will copy the text of the article here...

Wizard War

2001's First SNK Neo-Geo game is the all-new Nightmare in the Dark

The king of sequels is going for a brand new gig this time, boys. If your SNK Neo-Geo system were human, it would already be salivating at the prospects of getting its copy of Nightmare in the Dark, the first new cartridge software title released by SNK in 2001. Here in the USA, Apple Photo Systems Inc. (SNK's exclusive North American rep) is promising an exciting adventure theme that challenges the players' reflex skills and demands fast decision making.

The storyline has players take the part of a powerful wizard who must battle his way through "a world of dark shadows and ghostly ghouls" (We didn't know there was any other kind). Depth? It's got depth...multi-level action lets one or two players (simultaneously) use a mystical fire spitting weapon to battle thier way through each magically threatening environment.

Apple/SNK promises broad demographic appeal. "Preliminary testing in both arcade and street locations has demonstrated the game's appeal to female audiences in addition to the standard adventure theme players," said Apple sales topper Tim Jackson. This All new software title will be ready for shipping the week of Feb 1 and will be offered as both "software only" or available as a "complete kit" (hardware and software with complete graphics).

The game will be priced to sell, Tim assured us. So please contact your local Apple Photo Systems authorized distributor near you for price and availability! By the way, Apple Photo systems executives have stated once again thsat additional Neo-Geo MVS software will be introduced during the 2001 buying season and we hear there are some pretty nifty games in this year's lineup.

Apple Photo Systems can be reached by calling 718 655-0404 or 888 607-2444; the firm's e-mail address is: appleamuse@aol.com; on the web they can be found at www.applephotosys.com)

Anthony

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

AND EVERYONE SAID IT WAS A PUZZLE TYPE GAME.......LISTEN TO THE MASTER FOR ONCE...SNK DEVIL SAMHAIN

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Granted this is a hype article, but I am a little bit more excited about this one right now.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Neo Fan:
Here in the USA, Apple Photo Systems Inc. (SNK's exclusive North American rep)

I respect Replay, and I find that line a death's head for another company's reputation.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
One thing that I'm noticing is that everyone is trying to become the "exclusive" North American SNK dealer... that word is starting to lose a LOT of its clout, just like the word "rare" thanks to eBay.

I mean, the whole community wants to see the system continue to live in some fashion, and continue to produce new games. And anyone who is responsible for helping the Neo Geo go on for even another hour, they're commended for their work. So why does everyone try to outdo each other?

To be honest, if everyone would stop trying to be "exclsuive" and tried to be "cooperative", then things would get better for the Neo Geo a LOT faster. But I understand the feeling one gets when they can say that they're the first to do something...

Just more mindless ASCII... now, back to your regularly scheduled Neo Forum...

Converter or new AES system... my credit card is not going to like me either way.
biggrin.gif