KOF '01 New Details

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I'm sure everyone knows about the idea that they might change the main character, and all that old stuff, but I recently had a friend check up on some stuff at the Eolith korean site about the game and they are looking at a October-November release, plus some staff have gone to work with old SNK staff in Japan, looks like there working hard on not screwing things up...

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
no not really, ive checked them out, like looking and stuff, but i never bothered joining till like the other night...im trying to help my friend to translate more of the eiloth(sp?) page about the 2001 info to see if i can get better info...

------------------
hmhmhmhmmhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! - I.Y. n8

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
That's great that you are doing that Iori. I know I am always frustrated when i go to the 2k1 sites and can't read anything. Thanks a lot for post this. I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing more!

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ermm....actually Madman had reported on this quite a few weeks back. The Elioth staff have moved to Japan since last Dec. Anyway, it's nice to have a friend who can read Korean/Jap and such, at least u'll be able to get some firsthand info.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

DDRClown

New Challenger
Its great to hear that '01 is making progress, i'm really interested to see how it will turn out.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
The original rumor was that the Korean team would become the new hero team because of Eolith being a Korean company, but I think one of Eolith's people dismissed that as a joke.

I'm hoping the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting characters are in the limelight again. Kyo and Iori can go back to whatever eigties void they came from .>:)

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
in one of the earlier statements released it was said that only the more popular characters would stay in, less popular ones will be dropped and older characters that were popular would be added back in, i hope they can do that without screwing up story-wise, but seeing how according to neofreak iori and kyo are pretty much the two most popular characters in the game im sure they'll be there...im thinking they end up bringing back old people from 96 and 97...but at least it wont just be another 98 in terms of story and all...anyway, were working on doing full translations of the site, not just summarys...that way its more first hand in terms of info...when we get it done i'll start a new thread linking to the new page, i think it'll be easier that way instead of a HUGE post...thanks for the support by the way! i dont think it should take too long..but we are students and finals is coming up, so it might be a week or so...sorry...later

------------------

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I don't think the story can get worse really, because, and don't get me wrong Kyo and Iori DO kick ass, but they have NO reason to be in KoF anymore logistically. Their popularity is already keeping them in so I think they won't have a problem writing in older popular characters without screwing up the plot.
smile.gif

You know what pissed me off? When they were originally saying for KoF'99 that a character missing since the '96 tournament will return. Now, obviously when one brings up KoF'96 and bringing back a character from it that can only mean one thing: Geese Howard.

They brought back Kasumi Todoh instead.
frown.gif

DK: Thanks for the link, that helps me out immensly with all of the foreign language pages I visit.

DK1

Crazed MVS Addict
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
DK: Thanks for the link, that helps me out immensly with all of the foreign language pages I visit.

No problem! A friend of mine sent it to me for looking at the Japanese car websites I like.
biggrin.gif

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Actually geese was a striker he already returned......it must be BIG OR ME???

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Could someone post the Eolith website please. Thanks.

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
They better release this on homecart... grrr... Please! Please!

------------------
31436715.jpg

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
the eolith webpage is in korean, i dont think the elingo site supports korean, atleast i can't get it to work, if someone else can i'd be greatful if they can explain how...id like to see geese back, im wondering how many things the guy has to fall from before finally dying...but kyo and iori still play a very important part of the story, if you check out the drama cds, which snk had done to tell the full story for hardcore fans...youll see how imporant both characters still are...not to mention how weak k' really is...in one part of the 99 drama cd k' is fighting a kyo clone, the clone is just knocking him around, but iori comes into it and easily takes out the clone, then goes on about how that isnt really kyo that it was to weak and then he laughs at k' for being so weak as he leaves to try to find kyo...i just wish i could find good complete translations of the drama cds...

------------------

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Thanks man.

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)