SNK Ripps Off European DJ :)

Ukyo

20 Year Member
If any of you are familiar with Trance, I know you are Vinyl Boy, and have heard ROCK HOWARD'S theme music from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, then you may have noticed that about 45 seconds into ROCK'S BGM the music changes into a ReMix of Robert Mile's (Famous Euro DJ)hit trance epic..."Children"! This is not just a freak accident. Either SNK totally Ripped of Robert Miles, or some crazy BGM composer at SNK Japan is a huge Trance freak...did anyone else notice this? If you don't believe me you can get both versions on Napster!

------------------
ukyo.gif
"Tsubame Rokuren!" - Tachibana Ukyo

baller99

Banned
i dled the song from napster
UNBELIEVABLE MAN
its the exact same freaking song!
great post
I still say motw is the best 2d fighter ever made.

Peter

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
WTF this is very cool! I love the trance version, or I should say the original version. Mr. Mile should call SNK on this one. GREAT POST!

------------------
ntm.jpg

N-T-M

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Yeah, and for anyone else who wants the MP3s, I have both of them in my library...look for me on Napster - Username: NeoFreak330

------------------
ukyo.gif

Ukyo

20 Year Member
No, me and my friend had been listening to the song forever...we are into all kinds of techno (the song has been out since 96).We love the shit out of that song...and then me and my roomate just got Garou: MOTW for home cart the other day...he was fighting Rock...and I was studying...and then all of a sudden we were like holy shit! What the fuck is SNK doing! They're freak'N INSANE!
smile.gif

------------------
ukyo.gif

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Now if only the remaining SNK/Aruze developers would listen to Underworld... we would REALLY have a KOF 2001 sountrack!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Does anyone have the Garou: Mark of the Wolves OST? Does it give credit to Robert Miles for Rock Howard's BGM? Thanks.

------------------
ukyo.gif

[This message has been edited by Ukyo (edited January 30, 2001).]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
That was pointed out by Kazuya at emuhq when the game first came out in 1999... I have to agree it is deffinetly based on Children by Robert Miles.

-Nick

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by Ukyo:
If any of you are familiar with Trance, I know you are Vinyl Boy, and have heard ROCK HOWARD'S theme music from Garou: Mark of the Wolves, then you may have noticed that about 45 seconds into ROCK'S BGM the music changes into a ReMix of Robert Mile's (Famous Euro DJ)hit trance epic..."Children"! This is not just a freak accident. Either SNK totally Ripped of Robert Miles, or some crazy BGM composer at SNK Japan is a huge Trance freak...did anyone else notice this? If you don't believe me you can get both versions on Napster!

Hehe.. yes, I am totally familiar with that. This was one of the first things I noticed when I played Garou at home. If anything, I would consider it more flattery than actuall stealing, for it isn't the entire track altogether... it's just the "chorus" and not the entire track.

Let's just say this... if somewhere down the road I hear something that remotely sounds like one of my productions in a video game, I'd consider that an accomplishemnt.
biggrin.gif

Robert

20 Year Member
It's a great idea to use mix during the game . Speedy musics go well with fighting games and I hope it will not be the only game with european dj mix.

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
There's another remix in the game: Bonne Jennet's music has got a tune from Peter Gunn Theme (performed by the Blues Brothers).

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Sado, your right,I thought that sounded familiar...About the Rombert Miles thing, I totally agree that its a form of flattery, not stealing. I wish we could get an email to him just to let him know that his mix is in the sickest 2D fighter of all time.
smile.gif

------------------
ukyo.gif