Forum Restructuring

Shawn

snkusa.com
This merger has caused uneasiness for both the neo-geo.com & orochinagi.com userbase. A majority of our active members, original and newcomers, show discontent with the current situation. Over the course of this week, I have read through all emails, icq’s, as well as many of the pertinent threads concerning the forums future. It is not just the same few people who complain about our current situation, it is a majority.

Moderator positions will experience restructuring. A moderator should be a respected member of the community, show maturity, and dedication to this site. Many feel that the forums are over moderated, having an excessive amount of staff. This has caused a downward spiral in our efforts to moderate the board and retain order. To save Gunsmith from showing favoritism, I will take the responsibility of reorganizing the moderator positions. Having two administrators is another issue members disagree with. Gunsmith will remain a moderator of the Orochinagi Forums. He, and his mods, may govern this section as they see fit.

After more time has passed and all of the members of the forums have come accustomed to each other, we can decide on additional changes and where to go from there. I will still provide the space required to host Gunsmith's King of Fighters section of the site.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Sounds good man.
smile.gif

Iori E

n00b

I can't imagine what you must be going through right now. Thank you for putting up with the situation.

I may not agree with this merger, but I give credit where credit is due, and you deserve a huge amount of it.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Shawn, I think this is a really good move. There are a number of members within both camps that have been making the effort to get along and find new friends, and this can only help.

Letting the OrochiNagi run their own camp during this time can allow for adjustmet and reduce any feeling of second class citizenship. They are certainly not second class.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work. I think both groups appreciaate the effort.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Good decision, Shawn. I hope things will settle down and this extended period of unrest will come to an end.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
Thanks Shawn, We all know you are doing your best to get this situation under control.

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)

K

kyoisthekof

I'm sure it will all work out. Hard work should always be appreciated, anyway.

I'll miss having the ability to edit posts with picture sigs in 'em, but I guess it's for the best. I'm okay with it.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'll cast another positive vote for Shawn's decision.

Shawn is the admin of neo-geo.com. Whatever he decides is cool with me. I've learned a lot and met many interesting people because of this web site.

Just so you know Shawn, you'll have at least one member's complete support. I know what it's like to create something community based and to try and maintain it through all the hardships and troubles that eventually come. You have my respect.

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Shawn's got my 100% backing on the restructuring move as well. Don't be deceived into thinking that these decisions were made on an ill-conceived, irrational whim. A great deal of behind-the-scenes deliberation took place before any changes were implemented.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i wont say anything that wasnt
already said here except for..
thank you shawn

eddie

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Good call anyway Shawn...though I don't quite particularly agree with the decision to choose WhipBogard as a Moderator for 4 forums. She's relatively new and I'd prefer if Whip's Disciple were chosen instead. Hope you don't mind me saying this, WhipBogard.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

[This message has been edited by Fat Cat Lim (edited April 19, 2001).]

Shawn

snkusa.com
The new members from ON are handling the restructuring exceptionally well. The flames have diminished, no reason left to argue. We are coming closer to achieving unity within the community. Whip's Disciple will be reinstated as Moderator. That was a selfless act to recommend a fellow comrade instead of your self, much appreciated.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well I hope things work out in the long run Shawn. I said it to you before that this site is now the Largest Neo Geo related Site on the Net and to have all this fighting would just really make it look bad overall. Either way, I hope you guys get it all panned out.

------------------
Wait until you see me go into 'Serious' Mode

BonusKun
Chat Solutions Staff
irc.chat-solutions.net

Robi15

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shawn:
The new members from ON are handling the restructuring exceptionally well. The flames have diminished, no reason left to argue. We are coming closer to achieving unity within the community. Whip's Disciple will be reinstated as Moderator. That was a selfless act to recommend a fellow comrade instead of your self, much appreciated.

Shawn, how is the relation between you and Gunsmith? Do you two communicate everyday?
I saw somewhere at the forums that Gunsmith ignores you or something.. Now, I can't belive that..

Well, anyhow, Shawn you are doing a great job under these troubled times. I hope we all NG's and ON's get a long soon..

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

WhipBogard

Mega Shock!!
Ahh.....
I'm cool wif it....
Nice move Shawn!
biggrin.gif

FCL:
Eek? ME? I thought it was Oro....I never manage to handle those forum.... You read it carelessly.........
tongue.gif

*tease FCL over and over again*

------------------
Let the spirit around us guide you.......

car.jpg

Shawn

snkusa.com
Rarehero, I have deleted your post. It’s an extremely rare instance when I take action directly on a post within a thread, but this deletion was necessary. We need to stay positive, please do not flame in this thread.

Robi15, The communication between Gunsmith and my self is not frequent enough. I estimate that he’s online roughly 1 to 3 hours per day, at least during this past week. We do communicate through icq during this time, but I have stressed that more communication is required. To give you an idea of the communication we share, I have sent him a total of 15 emails (no exaggeration) since the merger began, and he has sent me a total of 3.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
WhipBogard: Glad to see that you're taking this well.
smile.gif

Shawn: I think Gunsmith's busy with his job or something. That's why he can't post or email as much as he wants to. Grrr...wish I knew his ICQ number.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Rarehero, I have deleted your post. It’s an extremely rare instance when I take action directly on a post within a thread, but this deletion was necessary. We need to stay positive, please do not flame in this thread.

Robi15, The communication between Gunsmith and my self is not frequent enough. I estimate that he’s online roughly 1 to 3 hours per day, at least during this past week. We do communicate through icq during this time, but I have stressed that more communication is required. To give you an idea of the communication we share, I have sent him a total of 15 emails (no exaggeration) since the merger began, and he has sent me a total of 3.

That from my opinion is a bad move from Gunsmith. To start working to achieve the total merge, at least you two, need to have a total teamwork. For a moment I get a feeling that he is using you, but there can be another explanation to this though..

------------------
NEOBIOS.gif

MVS all the way!

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Towards the end of ON.com, Gunsmith wasn't on-line very much either, IIRC... that's why so many folk from ON.com ended up being moderators at one point or another.

rarehero

20 Year Member

so what is this?
on members get to call me
a d*** sucker and an ass kisser?

rarehero

20 Year Member
funny i always thought of
myself as a rather positive
guy myself..
i was actually in different to
the on merger but personal attacks
like this kinda belong to
the war room right?
and me getting censored
just sits funny with me..

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rarehero:
so what is this?
on members get to call me
a d*** sucker and an ass kisser?

I know its annoying, rarehero,

They're just bitter. Let it go. Just two bad reactions out a bunch of positive reactions from both ng & ONers.

With a combination of my own impetous and a similar desire by Fat Cat Lim, I've also deleted the posts attacking rarehero, its only fair

[This message has been edited by Bobak! (edited April 19, 2001).]