Pre-Order Nightmate in the Dark Home cart

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
That is my friend, the burning question.

Ok, whose gonna do the investigative work, pls step up.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
First mid april

Then end of april

Now June

NITD is a ok game but MVS only. No menus, short gameplay and not worth getting in NGH. The MVS cart is going for under $200 as we speak. I got mine for $150 in March.

This is just more vaporware of a confused Seller market. But even if it was real...does anyone really want one? Just my 2 cents.

By that time I will be playing Senkogu 3 on MVS for the same price or less
wink.gif

As far as who is putting it out. If I can not get it from SNK Japan Direct through a legimate distrubutor or see it up on thier webpage as a release then it is just another
Unofficial cart in my eyes.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Thats an easy one . . . Dion always said it would cost $359, so that would be the FREAKED NitD cart. My advice, pick up the MVS version which is now under 250 complete with original artwork, put the cart in one of Big Bear's awesome new red MVS/Home cases (at only $10), and voila, you have a great quality NitD cart for only about $260 or less! And by now, everyone should have the !arcade! MVS adapter, so no need to have any precious carts sacced to make the NitD home cart. I should know, I have NitD MVS and the adapter, and they work together perfectly . . . plus, NitD is too freakin' easy, really not a challenge at all . . . not worth $359 for sure.

Sengoku 3 may be another matter, for that cart I'll be interested in a home version if it becomes available, but not with the ugly NGF URL on the back . . . hopefully, someone else will have the cart produced, so we can all actually BUY it!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

K

kyoisthekof

Anybody see a date that the game will be shipping? I'd consider picking the game up, it looks like it would be fun.

K

kyoisthekof

Going to bite what? lol
I'm just interested in the game...

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wan-Fu:
Big Bruno, where did you get NitD for $150?

I want it for that price. Where can I get it for $150? Tell me please.....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
IMO, this game is a joke. Leave it as a unrelease cart so we all can convert it for the same price of $359. $359 is steep for a SHITTY game. The price should be $179-$199. Dion can go broke and fu(k Dion.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
my sentiments exactly
go buy the MVS cart and
support SNK
damit
not some two bit chit
ass i ll sac your carts
so you can have my
fake ngfusa cart for twice the
price..

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K

kyoisthekof

Well if I had room for an MVS machine maybe I'd purchase one... lol
Anyway, I prefer home carts...

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
sorry I only visit here when I am working mostly.

anyway I bought the cart from Cosmicco for $150.

I was going to put up there price list but This comupter does not have excel to cut and past so I am going to have to switch boxes.

Anyway, Has anyone called Apple yet to see what they are selling them new for. The price was $400 on release when it first came out if I recall, I wonder what the price is now.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
here is there latest price list

PCBNAME QTY SORT PCBPRICE
1 SLOT -NEW MINI 50 ENG VER. 128
1 SLOT -USED MIDDLE 6 ENG VER. 98
2 SLOT -USED 3 ENG VER. 125
4 SLOT -USED 3 ENG VER. 125
AERO FIGHTER 2 3 SHOOT 58
AERO FIGHTER 3 5 SHOOT 48
BLAZING STAR 3 SHOOT 58
DOUBLE DRAGON 4 FIGHT 48
GAN GAN DARK COMBAT 1 FIGHT 20
GANRYU 32 FIGHT 25
JOY JOY KIDS/PUZZLED 2 FUNNY 20
KARNOVS REVENGE 2 FIGHT 15
KING FIGHTER 95 5 FIGHT 20
KING FIGHTER 97 30 FIGHT 82
KING FIGHTER 98 29 FIGHT 52
KING FIGHTER 99 28 FIGHT 88
KING FIGHTER 2000 23 FIGHT 288
MAGICAL DROP 2 1 FUNNY 25
MAGICAL DROP 3 1 FUNNY 25
MARK OF WOLVES 3 FIGHT 98
METAL SLUG 2 2 GUNSHOOT 58
METAL SLUG X 30 GUNSHOOT 65
MUTATION NATION 1 FIGHT 18
NEO BOMBERMAN (E) 10 FUNNY 65
NEO GEO CUP 98 2 FOOTBALL 48
NEO TURF MASTER 20 GOLF 45
NIGHTMARE IN DARK 1 FUNNY 275
PUZZLE BOBBLE 27 FUNNY 25
PUZZLE DE PON 2 FUNNY 25
REAL BOUT 2 NEWCOMER 24 FIGHT 18
SAMURAI SHODOWN 1 FIGHT 10
SAMURAI SHODOWN 4 7 FIGHT 25
SAVAGE REGIN 5 FIGHT 18
SHOCK TROOPERS II 22 GUNSHOOT 32
SOCCER BRAWL 1 FOOTBALL 18
SPIN MASTER (E) 10 FUNNY 65
STAKES WINNER 3 HORSERAC 25
STREET HOOP 7 BASKET B 38
STRIKER 1945 PLUS 13 SHOOT 78
SUPER SIDE KICK 3 1 FOOTBALL 48
THE LAST BLADE II 9 FIGHT 38
V LINER *GAMBLE CART 10 SLOT 310
WORLD HERO JET 2 FIGHT 15
WORLD HERO PERFECT 1 FIGHT 15

oh and really the converter is they way to go. you get all officail SNK products. Your not supportting some dishonest, leing and decieving company and you can play all the mvs only games without a problem.

I still do not why people debate this. There is no homecarts of the MVS only games. Just homecart wanna be's. You plug NITD into your home system do you know what you see? not a NGH but a MVS menu system if you can call it even that and the SAME game as the mvs. Do you know why. It is becuase the game is MVS only. Anything else is just a fake and you get what you overpay for.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
oh And yes it does look like cosmicco is selling it for $275 now. but it is still cheaper and you get it now, not in 2 months. You can still get the game from apple if you want, I need to call and check on the price they have it for.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Bruno:
sorry I only visit here when I am working mostly.

anyway I bought the cart from Cosmicco for $150.

I was going to put up there price list but This comupter does not have excel to cut and past so I am going to have to switch boxes.

Anyway, Has anyone called Apple yet to see what they are selling them new for. The price was $400 on release when it first came out if I recall, I wonder what the price is now.

Did you buy it new for that price? meaning it has everything? I emailed them and i didn't seem to understand if they were complete or just the cart and Mini marquee....

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

Robi15

20 Year Member
It could be !Arcade! ...!

They have copyed the ROM and manufacture they're own boards!!

*Lights a cigarette*..

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big Bruno:
oh And yes it does look like cosmicco is selling it for $275 now. but it is still cheaper and you get it now, not in 2 months. You can still get the game from apple if you want, I need to call and check on the price they have it for.

I doubt you got NitD for 150 from Cosmicco, they never sold it that low. I bought it from them for 250 when they had about 12 copies available, and now its up to 275 with only one copy (which is gone by now I'm sure). Maybe you confused NitD with another cart you got from them? Cause I get their list all the time, and it NEVER went for $150.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djbomberman:

Did you buy it new for that price? meaning it has everything? I emailed them and i didn't seem to understand if they were complete or just the cart and Mini marquee....

BTW djbomberman, what I got for $250 from Cosmicco was the cart (with serial numbers removed unfortunately), mini marquee, setup sheet, and larger move sheet. So it was a new cart, but the serial number had been torn off and there was no cardboard box (Cosmicco never includes the cardboard box for MVS carts, takes up too much space in shipping for them I guess).

I always aim to get MVS carts in total complete condition, i.e. with cardboard box and with intact serial numbers . . . but thats often hard to do, and never happens from Cosmicco. However, their carts have always been in GREAT shape, and the Strikers 1945 Plus carts I got from them were near perfect, and even had original serial numbers!!! They looked BRAND NEW (minus box of course).

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
actually chimp you are right

i was just reviewing my old list and it was when it came out in march I bought it for $245. Sorry I always purchased carts from them in lots and usally spend $700 to $1000 per order to keep shipping and wire fees at an min. So you are right I wrongly reported the price at $150. That is just what I remembered for some reason.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I should fill out a preorder for every copy they have available, have them sent to a PO box or something, 'pay' by check, and hold a big anti-NGF bonfire with them.
smile.gif

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
cart-mart responded on the webpage:

"In response to inquiries being made: This is an official SNK release. SNK themselves are making the carts, but they have not officially announced the release of this title yet."

Hmmm

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by outsider:
That is my friend, the burning question.

Ok, whose gonna do the investigative work, pls step up.

Taking care of this as we speak!

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
My question:
I was wondering Who will be supplying these home carts for you SNK or a 3rd party (if so Which one?) relator.
Their Answer:
This will be made by SNK. They should have a press release on this title
very soon. Release is scheduled for June 11th.
also included:
If it is delayed all pre-orders will still be good.