Best Selling: The King of Fighters 2001 (Playmore)

Roger

n00b
Hi!
Source:
<a href="http://mb.vgdirectory.com/gaming.htm" target="_blank">http://mb.vgdirectory.com/gaming.htm</a>

- Japanese arcade magazine Arcadia has announced the winners of The 3rd Arcadia Grand Prix, here are the results (updated):

Best Arcade Game #1: World Club Champion Football Serie A2001-2002 (Sega)
Best Arcade Game #2: Mahjong Club (Konami)
Best Arcade Game #3: Guilty Gear XX (Sammy)
Favorite Developer: Konami
Best Presentation: Initial D: Arcade Stage (Sega Rosso)
Best Graphics: Ikaruga (Treasure)
Best Music: Beatmania II DX 8th Style (Konami)
Best Cabinet Design: World Club Champion Football Serie A2001-2002 (Sega)
Best New Concept: World Club Champion Football Serie A2001-2002 (Sega)
Best Character: Bridget from Guilty Gear XX (Sammy / Arc System Works)
Best Selling: The King of Fighters 2001 (Playmore)
Readers Favorite: Guilty Gear XX (Sammy / Arc System Works)

TacoFace

Rugal's Thug
Thats really cool to see KOF as a best seller .

2002 is such a better game , I can't see why it won't do just as good .

slerch666

updyke,
Originally posted by Garou:
<strong>Because Kof2001 owns</strong><hr></blockquote>

I prefer 2K2 to 2K1...

2K1 was fun, but 2K2 has something that 2K1 seems to lack. I'm not sure exactly what it is yet, but when I figure it out, I'll let you know...

Y

Yushiro the Angel Dragon

I'm actually suprised that KoF2001 is the best seller. Ah well I liked KoF2002 more and I'm glad to see that Guilty Gear XX is picking up extremely well in Japan.

Robert

20 Year Member
The most importat thing is that playmore earn a lot of cash with that game. it will allow them to develop new AES games.

Y

Yushiro the Angel Dragon

Ah yeah no doubt it'll help out Playmore to develop upcoming games or sequels. What I really want to see is another Samurai Spirits fighting game. ^_^

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Originally posted by Yushiro the Angel Dragon:
<strong>Ah yeah no doubt it'll help out Playmore to develop upcoming games or sequels. What I really want to see is another Samurai Spirits fighting game. ^_^</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd rather Playmore concentrate on new titles first. That way they can practice on their own shit before attempting to re-create the former SNKs finest. I don't think they have the skill to update anything properly yet - just look at KOF2002 and Metal Slug 4, there's a lot of rough edges to be found without a lot of nit-picking.

It's good to see them make some cash though - how about they appoint some of the former key staff?

Y

Yushiro the Angel Dragon

It would be extremely hard to get the former staff back considering that they work for either Capcom or some other gaming company. Yes I have noticed ever since I have played KoF2002 and Metal Slug 4 that there are a lot of rough edges to where anybody can see them with the naked eye.

I know Playmore has a long ways to go and I'm just glad that they started producing games. Later on when Playmore has progressed in a few years that we will start seeing sequels from the SNK games. I do agree with you that Playmore is not ready nor do they have the skill for now.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Yushiro the Angel Dragon ]</p>