Agetec Does NOT Have The Rights To Any SNK Neo-Geo Games

Here's the e-mail I got back from Agetec today (the funny thing was I e-mailed them yesterday; how's that for turnaround time?):

From: "Customer Service" <customerservice@agetec.com> To: "'insaneben@yahoo.com'" <insaneben@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Any Plans To Release King Of Fighters 2000 Stateside?
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:51:55 -0800

Dear, Ben

Thank you for taking the time to email us at Agetec Customer
service. Unfortunately we do not own the rights to the King of
Fighters
series we were given the opportunity to produce the game in the states
by
SNK, but when they went under two years ago the rights to the King of
fighters series was bought by a company called Eolith and they have
full
control over the series now.

Sincerely,
Agetec customer service

It looks like the odds of seeing a KOF 2000 PS2 release in the U.S. have greatly risen.

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
Eolith has full control over the franchise? Perhaps this is common knowledge and I'm just out of it. :D I thought Playmore still controlled that series along with the rest of SNK's franchises. I knew Eolith was developing the games, but I didn't know they controlled it entirely...

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I'm just confuse with the whole entire thing. I like it back then when everything belong to SNK. Now it's one company making it, one company doing something else with it. I'm so confuse, I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore with the SNK licence.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by david:
<strong>I'm just confuse with the whole entire thing. I like it back then when everything belong to SNK. Now it's one company making it, one company doing something else with it. I'm so confuse, I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore with the SNK licence.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Word... And I don't think anyone has a clue either... including Playmore.

-Nick

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
My guess is that Eleoth was given rights to produce it for the other home systems and Playmore actually owns the rights totally.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Originally posted by Tehcno:
<strong>My guess is that Eleoth was given rights to produce it for the other home systems and Playmore actually owns the rights totally.</strong><hr></blockquote>

So then wouldn't it be Playmore, not Eleoth,giving the go ahead for the US PS2 port, or any stateside port for that matter?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Michael Yagami:
<strong>

So then wouldn't it be Playmore, not Eleoth,giving the go ahead for the US PS2 port, or any stateside port for that matter?</strong><hr></blockquote>

True but with playmore refusing to add on english/engrish options in their imports I doubt they'll port em over here and i highly doubt the mainstream guys like activison or anyone else will bring em over here