Everyone quick read the Stinger REPORT #5!``

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
YES! I just read it before you posted this.
this isnt scary, this is GREAT! we are finaly going to get to see SAM SHO 5, MOTW2, KOF 2001, LAST BLADE 3, and others such as METAL SLUG 4, GHOST LOP, AND NEO TURF MASTERS 2, YAY!!!!

Yah man, this is a good thing. I can't wait to see if this actually comes true!

SNK jr

n00b
Really, but do you really want capcom to be included in any way. And remember they said SNK will probably not benefit from it(the releases).

It said the ex-SNK employees would not benefit from it. As long as the games are made with the same quality that was put into the originals I will be happy.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
is it still put out by SNK
with capcom just
distributing it?

SNK jr

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
It said the ex-SNK employees would not benefit from it. As long as the games are made with the same quality that was put into the originals I will be happy.
Oh, I see, so I am assuming they will be still released on the neo geo systems?

SNK jr

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rarehero:
is it still put out by SNK
with capcom just
distributing it?
It better be!
I like Capcom, but the 2 companies were made to be seperate.

I would assume they would be forst on the MVS and maybe (hopefully) brough out on the Home System.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Holy cats! This is great news! At least in the short run. The long term forcast for the MVS proper may not look as good though. I am sure that all of the titles that were mentioned in the report would most asuredly be MVS titles, but once Capcom gets ahold of the rights, I would be surprised if the properties stayed on MVS. Yes, there are millions of MVS units out there, but the capabilities in terms of resolution just aren't there when compared to even Naomi, which could be considered an old technology.

Don't get me wrong. I love my MVS 4 slot, cab. I just don't think that a company like Capcom would go out of its way to support the MVS platform beyond titles that are already in development.

I hope I'm wrong, but at the very least, there sure are some great titles in the gates.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree 100% with RyoGeo (once again!), these games are very unlikely to come out on the Neo MVS or home systems at all. The hardware is too old, low resolution, no 3D, etc. If titles like Samurai V, MOTW 2, and Metal Slug 4 come out, it will most likely be on one of the next-gen consoles. I'd say the X-Box has the best chance of seeing these, especially since I'd LOVE to see those games go over to X-Box rather than the POS2, which I haven't bothered even picking up yet.

I love the Neo platform as much as anyone else here, as RyoGeo says, but it would be better if this stuff came out for platforms that can make the games available to a much larger audience than ours. Sure, I'd LOVE to see MS4 on the Neo, but I think at this late stage in the system's life, its very unlikely.

chimpmeister: I tend to disagree. I think that the people working on these games have had parts of them developed for the Neo already. I wouldn't think that they would bring games like Slug, KoF, and SS away from the Neo. They may port them over to a 'next gen' consule but I think that each will make an appearence in the MVS first (hopefully the home cart too).

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

now that is news...
damn lb3!!!!
all those titles listed sound good!

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
This is good news, but I'd rather saw SNK and Capcom as two different companies. But o well, we should be happy, SNK will most defenetly survive now. What else would we have?? Hmm, I think there isn't a chance that these new games will come to MVS,AES
frown.gif
But atleast we get to play Samurai Shodown V and Metal Slug 4 and lots of other new games! SNK lives on!

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Ukyo

20 Year Member
As long as these games are developed by SNK, I think its great news. However...I don't want to see Capcom re-drawing all the character sprites right now. Most likely because devlopment has already commenced, we will see Last Blade 3, Sam Sho 5, and MOTW 2 on MVS (Praying for Home Cart). After that I think Capcom's gonna own all the rights...and start redrawing shit on Naomi 2 hardware. I guess thats ok with me...I just wanna see SNK get these last ones out of the gate. Terry and the gang will move on...

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Ide like to see LB3, Sam sho V and MOTW2 on the DC instead of the Neo homesystem or MVS.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Actually, Chimp missed what I meant to say but just a little bit. For the most part I spoke clearly enough, but I'll try and restate, as I didn't do a good enough job the first time.

I am thinking that if these games (MOTW2, MS4, SS5, etc.) were already in development, that they may very well see the light of day on the MVS platform, but that going forward, I wouldn't anticipate any additional titles from these properties on the MVS if Capcom were to indeed acquire the rights. Whew! Long sentence.

Also, unless they are a good way through the development process, these titles would probably go to newer hardware.

Just an educated guess really. In the end, Capcom can do whatever they want, provided they write the check in advance.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

1otaku

n00b
I agree that it's sweet as hell to see these games come out on MVS, but I do think it would be nice to see these programing teams move to newer hardware next year. And while SNK and Capcom ARE different, I really couldn't think of a better company for SNK to team with. The have the greatest chance of moving forward, yet stayingtrue to their roots this way. I certanly like the relionship between Capcom and Psikyo. Seems it could be much the same. Wha other company even cares about shooters and 2-d fighters anymore ? It could be a hell of a lot worse.
Later.

------------------
SNK-Sega-Capcom
The blessed trilogy

H

Hyper

Thanks for the great comments, but I just want to point out that the Stinger REPORT is a rumor column. Many of the topics discussed do turn out to be true, but they are not 100% confirmed.

Matt,
Event Gaming

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hyper:
Thanks for the great comments, but I just want to point out that the Stinger REPORT is a rumor column. Many of the topics discussed do turn out to be true, but they are not 100% confirmed.

WTF?
i think Magic Box is going to be hurt that you're taking its place as the top rumour newpaper.
biggrin.gif
j/k.

well, thanks to this article, i think the SNK scene has gotten just about is mixed-up as your standard jerry springer episode.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
taken from Stinger REPORT #5:
This could prove difficult, as a number of these team members are in fact also ex-Capcom employees who left to join SNK and get away from a draconian executive and R&D structure.

that kinda gave something away. if my nazi english teacher saw this particular document, there'd be hell to pay. i could rant on like a person that reviews Darwin Awards but this kinda seems out of place, the draconian executive and all.

well, with SNK's Minji Saisei, (i coulda sworn there was a K in there) and all, we might get KoF 2001, but we may never see KoF 2002. unless of course either Capcom or Aruze buys it up. if Capcom, then SNK games for the Xbox are as good as confirmed. Aruze might give SNK some mo' money as a "kiss and make up" gift.
tongue.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">taken from Stinger REPORT #5:
For the player, the transition could be invisible, with even an increase of SNK games in the facilities by the end of the year.

fundamentally, this is what matters. but...
*Texan faith healer mode on*
i'll be forever damned if i saw Capcom in an SNK games' credits.
*texan faith dude mode off*

*edit*oh yeah, this NGF Interview, it mentions the cursed name, and, it could also clear up a few things. (like why Dion is so evil) could be quite a read.

------------------
- Bufa [Site: Freakling]
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.

[This message has been edited by Bufa (edited April 17, 2001).]

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
If proves true it wont be that bad. I think they'll stick with the naomi hardware. Especially now that naomi GD rom format is getting cheaper, with the added bonus of effects.

Even if Capcom takes over SNK, they might leave them untouched. Like Sega and its R&D teams, ea. working independantly. But I doubt that, these seem like short term investments till SNK can finacially stand on its two feet.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
EX-SNK employees won't benefit. Current ones will
smile.gif

This is FANTASTIC news.

SNK, provided the bankruptcy rehabilitation works out, gets to keep all its stuff and continue making games.

Capcom is basically PAYING for SNK's games to get mass distribution and publicity.

Is it just me or does SNK suddenly own Capcom in a behind the scenes kind of way?

Geese Howard couldn't have planned this better himself.

M

Magitek_X

As long as Capcom doesn't buy SNK, I think everybody can be happy.

Mark of the Wolves 2 and Last Blade 3.

*drools*

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I've been thinking about this. It's been a LONG going rumor that SS5 and Last Blade 3 were already around, just not released or produced yet for some unknown reason.

Given the current economy in Japan is it possible that the higher ups of SNK really did plan this maybe from before they were even bought by Aruze?