PDA

View Full Version : Everyone quick read the Stinger REPORT #5!``

SNK jr
04-17-2001, 12:07 PM
Read http://www.eventgaming.com/News/Stinger5.html
there is some scary stuff happening at SNK.

Orpheus
04-17-2001, 12:13 PM
YES! I just read it before you posted this.
this isnt scary, this is GREAT! we are finaly going to get to see SAM SHO 5, MOTW2, KOF 2001, LAST BLADE 3, and others such as METAL SLUG 4, GHOST LOP, AND NEO TURF MASTERS 2, YAY!!!!

samuraiX
04-17-2001, 12:15 PM
Yah man, this is a good thing. I can't wait to see if this actually comes true!

SNK jr
04-17-2001, 12:27 PM
Really, but do you really want capcom to be included in any way. And remember they said SNK will probably not benefit from it(the releases).

samuraiX
04-17-2001, 12:31 PM
It said the ex-SNK employees would not benefit from it. As long as the games are made with the same quality that was put into the originals I will be happy.

rarehero
04-17-2001, 12:35 PM

rarehero
04-17-2001, 12:39 PM
is it still put out by SNK
with capcom just
distributing it?

SNK jr
04-17-2001, 12:39 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samuraiX:
It said the ex-SNK employees would not benefit from it. As long as the games are made with the same quality that was put into the originals I will be happy.
Oh, I see, so I am assuming they will be still released on the neo geo systems?

SNK jr
04-17-2001, 12:43 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rarehero:
is it still put out by SNK
with capcom just
distributing it?
It better be!
I like Capcom, but the 2 companies were made to be seperate.

samuraiX
04-17-2001, 12:46 PM
I would assume they would be forst on the MVS and maybe (hopefully) brough out on the Home System.

RyoGeo
04-17-2001, 01:12 PM
Holy cats! This is great news! At least in the short run. The long term forcast for the MVS proper may not look as good though. I am sure that all of the titles that were mentioned in the report would most asuredly be MVS titles, but once Capcom gets ahold of the rights, I would be surprised if the properties stayed on MVS. Yes, there are millions of MVS units out there, but the capabilities in terms of resolution just aren't there when compared to even Naomi, which could be considered an old technology.

Don't get me wrong. I love my MVS 4 slot, cab. I just don't think that a company like Capcom would go out of its way to support the MVS platform beyond titles that are already in development.

I hope I'm wrong, but at the very least, there sure are some great titles in the gates.

------------------
http://members.aol.com/ryogeo/kof96_ryostance.gif -RyoGeo

chimpmeister
04-17-2001, 02:10 PM
I agree 100% with RyoGeo (once again!), these games are very unlikely to come out on the Neo MVS or home systems at all. The hardware is too old, low resolution, no 3D, etc. If titles like Samurai V, MOTW 2, and Metal Slug 4 come out, it will most likely be on one of the next-gen consoles. I'd say the X-Box has the best chance of seeing these, especially since I'd LOVE to see those games go over to X-Box rather than the POS2, which I haven't bothered even picking up yet.

I love the Neo platform as much as anyone else here, as RyoGeo says, but it would be better if this stuff came out for platforms that can make the games available to a much larger audience than ours. Sure, I'd LOVE to see MS4 on the Neo, but I think at this late stage in the system's life, its very unlikely.

samuraiX
04-17-2001, 02:14 PM
chimpmeister: I tend to disagree. I think that the people working on these games have had parts of them developed for the Neo already. I wouldn't think that they would bring games like Slug, KoF, and SS away from the Neo. They may port them over to a 'next gen' consule but I think that each will make an appearence in the MVS first (hopefully the home cart too).

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL
04-17-2001, 02:18 PM
now that is news...
damn lb3!!!!
all those titles listed sound good!

chohan
04-17-2001, 02:25 PM
This is good news, but I'd rather saw SNK and Capcom as two different companies. But o well, we should be happy, SNK will most defenetly survive now. What else would we have?? Hmm, I think there isn't a chance that these new games will come to MVS,AES http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/frown.gif But atleast we get to play Samurai Shodown V and Metal Slug 4 and lots of other new games! SNK lives on!

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Ukyo
04-17-2001, 04:02 PM
As long as these games are developed by SNK, I think its great news. However...I don't want to see Capcom re-drawing all the character sprites right now. Most likely because devlopment has already commenced, we will see Last Blade 3, Sam Sho 5, and MOTW 2 on MVS (Praying for Home Cart). After that I think Capcom's gonna own all the rights...and start redrawing shit on Naomi 2 hardware. I guess thats ok with me...I just wanna see SNK get these last ones out of the gate. Terry and the gang will move on...

------------------
http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&photoId=nIwD6dwAKFpDYvtk6aXCca3QZ728IGV2KX6ADpMoz2 IezVPwcwMpM1XNXqkBlYDoh7hCK0A*jqsU
Don't plague the gaming market :)

Lord Illicious
04-17-2001, 04:11 PM
Ide like to see LB3, Sam sho V and MOTW2 on the DC instead of the Neo homesystem or MVS.

RyoGeo
04-17-2001, 04:28 PM
Actually, Chimp missed what I meant to say but just a little bit. For the most part I spoke clearly enough, but I'll try and restate, as I didn't do a good enough job the first time.

I am thinking that if these games (MOTW2, MS4, SS5, etc.) were already in development, that they may very well see the light of day on the MVS platform, but that going forward, I wouldn't anticipate any additional titles from these properties on the MVS if Capcom were to indeed acquire the rights. Whew! Long sentence.

Also, unless they are a good way through the development process, these titles would probably go to newer hardware.

Just an educated guess really. In the end, Capcom can do whatever they want, provided they write the check in advance.

------------------
http://members.aol.com/ryogeo/kof96_ryostance.gif -RyoGeo

1otaku
04-17-2001, 05:39 PM
I agree that it's sweet as hell to see these games come out on MVS, but I do think it would be nice to see these programing teams move to newer hardware next year. And while SNK and Capcom ARE different, I really couldn't think of a better company for SNK to team with. The have the greatest chance of moving forward, yet stayingtrue to their roots this way. I certanly like the relionship between Capcom and Psikyo. Seems it could be much the same. Wha other company even cares about shooters and 2-d fighters anymore ? It could be a hell of a lot worse.
Later.

------------------
SNK-Sega-Capcom
The blessed trilogy

Hyper
04-17-2001, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the great comments, but I just want to point out that the Stinger REPORT is a rumor column. Many of the topics discussed do turn out to be true, but they are not 100% confirmed.

Matt,
Event Gaming

Bufa
04-17-2001, 07:31 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hyper:
Thanks for the great comments, but I just want to point out that the Stinger REPORT is a rumor column. Many of the topics discussed do turn out to be true, but they are not 100% confirmed.

WTF?
i think Magic Box is going to be hurt that you're taking its place as the top rumour newpaper. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif j/k.

well, thanks to this article, i think the SNK scene has gotten just about is mixed-up as your standard jerry springer episode.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
taken from Stinger REPORT #5:
This could prove difficult, as a number of these team members are in fact also ex-Capcom employees who left to join SNK and get away from a draconian executive and R&D structure.

that kinda gave something away. if my nazi english teacher saw this particular document, there'd be hell to pay. i could rant on like a person that reviews Darwin Awards but this kinda seems out of place, the draconian executive and all.

well, with SNK's Minji Saisei, (i coulda sworn there was a K in there) and all, we might get KoF 2001, but we may never see KoF 2002. unless of course either Capcom or Aruze buys it up. if Capcom, then SNK games for the Xbox are as good as confirmed. Aruze might give SNK some mo' money as a "kiss and make up" gift. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/tongue.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">taken from Stinger REPORT #5:
For the player, the transition could be invisible, with even an increase of SNK games in the facilities by the end of the year.

fundamentally, this is what matters. but...
*Texan faith healer mode on*
i'll be forever damned if i saw Capcom in an SNK games' credits.
*texan faith dude mode off*

*edit*oh yeah, this NGF Interview, it mentions the cursed name, and, it could also clear up a few things. (like why Dion is so evil) could be quite a read.

------------------
- Bufa [Site: Freakling (http://www.geocities.com/site_freakling/)]
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.

[This message has been edited by Bufa (edited April 17, 2001).]

Black_Hayato
04-17-2001, 07:45 PM
If proves true it wont be that bad. I think they'll stick with the naomi hardware. Especially now that naomi GD rom format is getting cheaper, with the added bonus of effects.

Even if Capcom takes over SNK, they might leave them untouched. Like Sega and its R&D teams, ea. working independantly. But I doubt that, these seem like short term investments till SNK can finacially stand on its two feet.

Neo Rasa
04-17-2001, 08:30 PM
EX-SNK employees won't benefit. Current ones will http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif.

This is FANTASTIC news.

SNK, provided the bankruptcy rehabilitation works out, gets to keep all its stuff and continue making games.

Capcom is basically PAYING for SNK's games to get mass distribution and publicity.

Is it just me or does SNK suddenly own Capcom in a behind the scenes kind of way?

Geese Howard couldn't have planned this better himself.

Magitek_X
04-17-2001, 09:19 PM
As long as Capcom doesn't buy SNK, I think everybody can be happy.

Mark of the Wolves 2 and Last Blade 3.

*drools*

Neo Rasa
04-17-2001, 09:25 PM
I've been thinking about this. It's been a LONG going rumor that SS5 and Last Blade 3 were already around, just not released or produced yet for some unknown reason.

Given the current economy in Japan is it possible that the higher ups of SNK really did plan this maybe from before they were even bought by Aruze?

Black_Hayato
04-17-2001, 09:49 PM
I dont know about a LB3, LB2 seemed so final, as in the last chapter. MOTW2 would make perfect sense.

SNk will be on its own in no time, once it hits mass market. Ever notice how there console conversions always sell well.

Lord Illicious
04-17-2001, 09:53 PM
What ya think if Namco made SNK games?
Sam Sho, LB, MOTW and KOF Soul Calibur 3D style with a back push to block instead of a block button to block.

Neo Rasa
04-17-2001, 10:01 PM
It'd be cool, but to be honest I think having a passive block AND a seperate guard button would be needed for Samurai Shodown and Last Blade given the various kinds of parrying, deflecting, weapon breaking, etc. that's possible in those games.

This is OT, Illicious, but have you ever played Weaponlord? It was this 2D fighter Namco made that is basically Soul Edge/Calibur only in a 2D fighting game. it was helluva fun and they hired the guy who did the ingame sprites for the SF2 games to do the graphics for it.

Edit...

As for Last Blade 2 being the last chapter, there's plenty of opening for new bosses and characters to come in. And besides, just because it seemed final doesn't mean anything. Remember how The King of Fighters: Dreammatch 1999 was going to be the LAST port of a Neo Geo game ever? How KoF: Evolution was then going to be the last SNK game ever made? How Last Blade Final Edition was? How Garou just got announce to come out late this summer now? http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Neo Rasa (edited April 17, 2001).]

Apathy Wind
04-17-2001, 10:33 PM
I don't know what I find more exciting: the announcement of those games or the announcement of more Capcom and SNK games for the DC (thats almost my entire DC line-up anyway)!

Seriously,
I don't think which system these games come out for is as important as them actually coming out. Admittedly, it'd be nice if they did release them on SNK hardware for all the loyal Neo fans but honestly if that lists of games came out for the Saturn I'd find myself one to buy so I could play them.

Hopefully if Capcom is going to be backing SNK they can give them the security they'll need to produce more games (sequels and original titles). So does this mean that the next CvS sequel will be Capcom vs. ... Capcom? j/k

Neo Rasa
04-17-2001, 10:36 PM
That's the ironic part, in a way Capcom is like SNK's bitch now, going around distributing their stuff for them. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

SNK jr
04-18-2001, 06:54 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
That's the ironic part, in a way Capcom is like SNK's bitch now, going around distributing their stuff for them. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif
You make a point. Umm

Gojira
04-18-2001, 11:00 AM
I don't know if it's good. It's better than nothing, that's for sure. I'll be very happy if all the games mentioned become reality, but... Capcom? When Capcom themselves already stated they were going to have less of a presence in arcades? Hmm... there's some bad politics involved here in company mergers, but I can't get into it right now. Let's just say it's not all good news.

Neo Rasa
04-18-2001, 12:37 PM
That's the thing though, this isn't a merger, just a distribution deal. If you consider this a merger than Nintendo, Sega, Tiger, Bandai, Capcom, Namco, Square, Taito, Microsoft, Technos, Konami, and Data East are all one conglomerate. http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Also, who cares about Capcom pulling out of the arcade market? Arcades suck these days anyway. They make 60% of their money off of home system games to begin with, so I don't really care how many KoF2K1 cabinets I hear about people seeing in Chinatown, I'd rather be playing Last Blade 3, the LONG awaited to be released Samurai Shodown 5, etc. on my Dreamcast.

SNK jr
04-18-2001, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gojira:
I don't know if it's good. It's better than nothing, that's for sure. I'll be very happy if all the games mentioned become reality, but... Capcom? When Capcom themselves already stated they were going to have less of a presence in arcades? Hmm... there's some bad politics involved here in company mergers, but I can't get into it right now. Let's just say it's not all good news.[/QUOTE ]
Exactly what I am scared of, I mean seeing capcom huging all the credit when the games come out will be quite annoying. Something dodgy is about to happen over there.

Kamui
04-19-2001, 09:18 AM
This is good news, if its true SNK now has the money to get back to work. Capcom ownz j00!!! :P J/K

Kamui
04-19-2001, 09:21 AM
LIES!!!! You got it backwords. Capcom is a bussiness, they know they will benifit financially in some way. Capcom now holds the future of SNK, without money SNK will go no where..."MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

*Busts out with a fat Capcom blessed grin* http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Roger
04-19-2001, 09:33 AM
EX-SNK employees won't benefit. Current ones will http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif.

This is FANTASTIC news.

SNK, provided the bankruptcy rehabilitation works out, gets to keep all its stuff and continue making games.

Capcom is basically PAYING for SNK's games to get mass distribution and publicity.

Is it just me or does SNK suddenly own Capcom in a behind the scenes kind of way?

Geese Howard couldn't have planned this better himself.

But Neo Rasa,Capcom is not doing that for nothing or for free "Let's help our friends from SNK!!"...she wants something,and she wanting SNK!!!Capcom will try swallow SNK in this "Help" process.And that's a big huge problem.At least for me.I don't wanna see SNK under the control of Capcom.I saw the damage that Capcom can do with SNK characters in their death hands(Capcom versus SNK,pro's or the disturbing tiltle "millionaire fighting's" of life).Damn it,i like SNK games,not Capcom games.
In your point of view,why Capcom is doing that?And please,explain that to me:
"EX-SNK employees won't benefit.Current ones will"
The SNK right's games are not involved in this "distribution deal",right?So,please explain why Capcom is "helping"!!

SNK jr
04-19-2001, 09:40 AM
I think some of you read it wrong it says, SNK EMPLOYEES WON'T BENEFIT FROM IT, meaning SNK have no hand in it. Oh no.

Roger
04-19-2001, 10:38 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SNK jr:
I think some of you read it wrong it says, SNK EMPLOYEES WON'T BENEFIT FROM IT, meaning SNK have no hand in it. Oh no.

That's no good.Not good at all.The end is near for SNK.In the next SNK games,for MVS,
we will see the word "Capcom" bigger than the word "SNK"(there are more MVS boards in this world than CPS1,CPS2 and CPS3 togheter).
And in a further future,we only will see the word "Capcom",even that the game is all produced and made by SNK people.THE FUTURE IS GONE.Those aren't good news at all.All the people who works with arcade fighting games will loose their jobs,here in Brazil,
Romstar of Brazil distributes,oficially both
Capcom and SNK games,and man,only SNK games
sells here,KOF domains all the year,Capcom games are nothing here,most people don't like it,and i can't blame the most,i too prefer much more SNK games than Capcom games,
and as a matter of fact,Capcom don't show nothing good from a long data,and her news games are for Naomi,and Naomi boards are
really expensive,we just see this games in Brazil(in the most)in Dreamcast's,and even in this way,this Capcom games don't sell/play
well.SNK knows well that her games sell way better than Capcom games in all over Latin america(SNK always put in the dialogues opition,the portuguese language),the SNK
president itself have already came/visit to Brazil lots of times,to see SNK investiments.
People will cry a lot here if SNK games falls into Capcom hands.Not to mention the arcade market.

pedu
04-19-2001, 08:21 PM
Samurai Shodown 5....WOW!

Neo Rasa
04-19-2001, 08:30 PM
Kamui, etc.: Yes, I know Capcom will benefit financially too, but it doesn't matter, because me, Yojimbo, and ImMature are around, so no matter who's name is on the game, EVERYONE is gonna know who started it all. &gt;:)

*Busts out with a fat Capcom blessed grin*

*Busts a Deadly Rave onto Kamui's fat Capcom face* :D

Kamui
04-19-2001, 09:37 PM
JERK!!!! ;_;

Kamui, etc.: Yes, I know Capcom will benefit financially too, but it doesn't matter, because me, Yojimbo, and ImMature are around, so no matter who's name is on the game, EVERYONE is gonna know who started it all. &gt; http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/smile.gif

*Busts out with a fat Capcom blessed grin*

*Busts a Deadly Rave onto Kamui's fat Capcom face* http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The Big Hed
04-21-2001, 01:56 PM
As far as I'm concerened SNK was bankrupt, that meant no more MotW, SS, or KOF games. I don't care if Capcom, Pepsi, Microsoft or the Devil gave them the money, If there still making games, I'm happy. Even if they just realise one more game then dissapearin a big firey explosion, that will be one more game I get to play.