Am i alone on this?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
AM I THE ONLY ONE DISGUSTED BY THIS ORDINARY PRACTICE CALLED "CONVERSION"?

TO ME,
THE THOUGHT OF THOSE ENDLESS LEGIONS OF SS2 - FF3 - WH2JET,
USED AS SAC CARTS...

AND I KNOW SOME SMART KID IS GONNA COME UP WITH THINGS LIKE

OH YES !
BUT I CANT AFFORD THE ORIGINAL METAL SLUG!
AND FUCK ME,I WANT IT !
SO I'M ALL FOR CONVERSIONS !

AND I'M LIKE

IF YOU WANT SLUG 1 SO MUCH AND YOU CANT AFFORD IT

1) CUT YOU HAIR AND GO GET A JOB
2) BUY A NEO CD WITH YOUR LOVED SLUG
3) SELL YOUR NEO GEO AND GO MVS
4) BUY THE SATURN / PSX PORT

BUT PLEASE FOR HEAVENS SAKE

STOP DESTROYING ORIGINAL CARTS......

PLEASE....

AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON THE "BIG ONES"

IF I WANT A CONVERTED STRIKERS,
I MUST SACRIFICE AN OLDER CART AND A KOF 99.....

GOD....THIS IS FUCKIN INSANE

IF YOU WANT FUCKIN STRIKERS PLUS SO BLOODY MUCH,BUY THE MVS FOR 100 BUCKS !!!

THAT WAY
NOT ONLY YOU SAVE 500 DOLLARS OR EVEN MORE,
BUT YOU'LL HAVE A 100 % AUTHENTIC OFFICIAL SNK PRODUCT AND NOT SOME HOME MADE CRAP...

AND 2 INNOCENT CARTS WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE AND PROSPER...

IF YOU KEEP THIS UP,
IN 2 YEARS TIME SS2 WILL BE EEEEEER YOU TWATS !!

ME RANT'S OVER

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
AGREED.........EXCEPT ON THE HAIR CUTTING THING.......

ANY EMPLOYER WHO WANTS YOU TO CUT YOUR HAIR IS A MOTHER FUCKING CONSERVITIVE PIECE OF SHIT THAT ISNT WORTH WORKING FOR......

(BTW I JUST DYED MY HAIR.....STILL ALL WET FROM RINSE ;)

DEVIL_GUI

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
HEH

GUI,THAT CUT YOUR HAIR BIT WAS A PISS-TAKE

I ONCE HAD VERY LONG HAIR
( THAT WAS DURING MY PUNK ROCK PHASE )

NOW THEY'RE NOT THAT LONG,
BUT SURELY AINT SHORT....

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Agree with Fran.

------------------
b3_bonkbonk.gif
- Its what OCD is all about!

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
fran..
SNK loves you man!
"and
one day
cart killers will
be beat down by gui and the
rest of the
devils in SNK hell.."
SNK 4:23

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I agree 200%. I really hate the idea that home carts are being destroyed in this practice. For a collector that wants to have all the Neo games, get a sack, buy an MVS board of one form or another or the !Arcade! converter and start buying Big Bear's FABULOUS MVS, clamshell, cases. There is no need to destroy legions of KoF '99 in order to play (insert encrypted title here).

The draw for conversions has always been A) the ability to play the game on yor home system (accomplished now with the !Arcade! adapter), or B) to have a nice addition to your Neo wall (accomplished now by using Big Bear's cases). Since both scenarios are now covered, please, let the pillaging cease.

It harms the fans (fewer of a given title available, even if it is Fatal Fury) and it harms the scene (BS converts being passed of as original). And besides, getting the adapter and the MVS cart will, more than likely, be cheaper than the conversion anyway. And in the long run, it's MUCH cheaper since the adapter is a one time purchase.

Quit destroying Neo's history, because in the end, all we have left are the carts themselves. The ROMs are just one part of the package. The best part, but only a part, nonetheless. End rant.

::fix typos::

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited April 17, 2001).]

J

jethrek

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cappadonna:
Agree with Fran.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pichai and then Cappadonna:
I agree. I have dealt with Chris and Dion and had nothing but good products from them. Dispite all the negatives input here and there, I'll continue to deal with them until there's proble. I'm now dealing with Shawn and so far so good. I'm a gamer, a collector, and a consumer I go where the games I need are at and at the best price with good services. Starting to gathering my money together for NITD and I don't care who sells them....it's all about the price and service.

Pichai

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Pichai....

Likes NGF but dislikes destroying carts....

oi-punx

Stakes Winner
Cappadonna,

Didn't you post a wanted ad for converted carts?

Fran,

I agree for the most part, destroying carts isn't exactly the most positive thing one could do to support SNK and preserve its games. BUT what about those working class folks who DO have jobs, who ARE slaves to the working world and DON'T live at home??? I for one am not a collector, but chose to get MS converted. We cannot always afford the alternatives you mention. Wanna know what rent is like in the San Francisco Bay Area??? How about $800 for a f*cking small room in a house? An apartment? Try upwards of $1300 for a s*ithole one bedroom. Gasoline, while nowhere near the levels of the UK is still the highest in the country at around $2.15 a gallon last I checked. You guys have better public transport too. Utilities? Skyrocketing faster than the three inch thick bottle rockets I used to buy as a kid. Electricity is so shoddy here, and when it does work it's expensive. An MVS setup for one game is not exactly that feasible. Think you can fit an arcade setup in a small room? I can barely fit my AES with all the other crap stuffed in there. A convertor is a great idea, but it's expensive and I don't want any MVS games besides MS, I have most of the other games I want in their original AES format. By the time i'm done modding my saturn or PSX and finding the disc and 4 meg ram cart (saturn) the price starts to almost equal the cost of a conversion which can be had for relatively cheap if you shop around for the components. Neo CD version, that would be fine if I actually owned one, but many people do not. Home Made Crap??!! Since when are the chips, boards and shells manufactured in homes? Jeff's work looks pretty damn good for being "home brewed". Like I said, i'm not a collector, I just want the best experience possible, and don't mind saving up for months to be able to afford it. Regardless, your point is taken, but you fail to consider some important reasons why some of us "jobless kids" resort to converting. As for Strikers, hopefully people who want it will wise up and buy the PS version, instead of spending insane amounts of money.

One last thing: An traditional aesthetic element of early punk rock (british oi! in particular) was about cutting your hair, not growing it out (with the exception of bands like the Ramones, r.i.p. Joey. Look at the Clash and Sex Pistols....they all had short hair. It was basically a protest to the long haired hippies and metal heads at the time (mid 60's to early 80's). It was the bonehead nazi assholes who adopted that look and gave traditional punks and skinheads a bad name.

Cheers

------------------
Tonight is the night that I come unglued
No longer will the beautiful people walk the streets and smile while I sit and stew
I've been waiting all my life just to give it to you...
strider_hiryusword.gif

[This message has been edited by oi-punx (edited April 17, 2001).]

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
People take the home cart collecting too far sometimes...

They get so rabid in their desire to have every possible game for the home system, they just kinda lose it and go nuts with all this stuff.

I must agree that if you want Slug 1, get it on MVS!

Get the !Arcade! converter and all those other rediculously expensive titles while you're at it.

J

jethrek

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oi-punx:
Cappadonna,

Didn't you post a wanted ad for converted carts?

I smell a rat...

oi-punx

Stakes Winner
Originally posted by Jethrek,

"I smell a rat..."

I smell someone who didn't read this thread very carefully. I simply find it ironic that Cappadonna posts a want ad for converted carts in the wanted section of this forum and then agrees that they are so blasphemous. If you think they are that destructive then don't buy 'em. It's that simple. Read the context of the post if you are implying i'm a converted carts dealer. Hardly!

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
I DONT BUY THE METAL SLUG THING........

PERHAPS A PAST MISTAKE......BUT THESE DAYS WELL, THE COST OF CONVERSION, MAILING BACK AND FORWARD.....AND THE MONEY YOULL SAVE BUYING CHEAPER MVS GAMES.......

THERES NO EXCUSE TO NOT GET THE !ARCADE! CONVERTOR REALLY.......
NO SENSIBLE EXCUSE ANYWAY......

YOU CAN BS ALL DAY ABOUT THIS AND THAT, BUT THE FACT IS, PEOPLE ARE EITHER SELFISH COLLECTORS WHO KILL CARTS FOR THEMSELVES TO HAVE BOX AND INSERT FOR ANOTHER GAME.....

OR THEY DID IT BEFORE THE !ARCADE! CONVERTOR......

SURE $400 IS ALOT.....BUT THATS BS WHEN YOU CONSIDER HOW MUCH YOU STAND TO SAVE, CARTS YOU DONT NEED TO GET SACS FOR ETC.......

SORRY IF IM HARD, BUT ITS NOT NICE TO KILL CARTS.......

BTW GOING TO FIND A MIRROR NOW......ITS PRETTY DRY.......SHOULD BE NICE AND STREAKY.......
THE LADYS GONNA KILL ME WHEN SHE WAKES
wink.gif

DEVIL_GUI

J

jethrek

I smell someone who didn't read this thread very carefully. I simply find it ironic that Cappadonna posts a want ad for converted carts in the wanted section of this forum and then agrees that they are so blasphemous.
[/B]

Dude, that's what I was saying! I wasn't insulting you! Bakayaro! GO BACK AND READ MY EARLIER POST! IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU!

J

jethrek

FOR THE RECORD, THERE IS SOMETHING FUNNY WITH CAPPADONNA'S POSTS! NOT YOU! NEXT TIME READ MORE CAREFULLY!

oi-punx

Stakes Winner
Jethrek,

My humble apologies. Thanks for the clarification. There is some irony there in Cappadonna's post.

Devil,

I'm not asking you to buy anything I say. Believe what you want and do what makes you happy. Just realize that there are actually people out there that want Metal Slug, but don't want to spend $400 on a convertor. Like I said before I have almost all the games I want in the AES format. The ones I don't have are relatively cheap in their AES format and don't justify the cost of the convertor (for me). I'm an old school Neo fan. I don't want to play Garou, Ninja Masters, or Blazing Star (yeah, that's right) those games don't interest me at all. A convertor WOULD be cool, but for what? So I can play the old titles which I can get for cheap? Also I'm a busy person, I have enough games that I don't have time to play as it is. A convertor (for me) would just be adding excess upon excess.

[This message has been edited by oi-punx (edited April 17, 2001).]

rarehero

20 Year Member
i would
easily go out and buy a converter
over sac ing a cart anyday..
if i didn t have the money
i would save money for it
destroying another cart
so ican play a cheaper alternative
does nt make sense to me.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i dont know that arcade geezer...

heard SO much about him....

Ray,yeah?

but the point is,
ive seen the converter...

it works fine

its good

i'm prolly gonna buy one someday,
for neo mr.do...

man,
i want that game BAD

i still have the colecovision port....

big mr do fanatic,me

rarehero

20 Year Member
is it a good game?
i seen a SNEs version of it
the other day..

J

jethrek

Jethrek,

My humble apologies. Thanks for the clarification. There is some irony there in Cappadonna's post.

Yeah, Cappodonna reminds me of someone...

Sorry for calling you a bakayaro, it's just a lot of you newbie's picked fights without reading and I thought you might be one.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
I dont think anyone likes seeing any carts sac'd. However bitchin wont change anyones mind.

Yall wanna help the sistuation.
Well talk to !arcade. Supposedlly he knows a method of converting carts without sacs. Thats the rumor on the street anyways. Now that would be cool. No more conversion sacs at all.

If someone can get him to share that info.
Well, in my book that would be somthing.

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
I'm actually in 100% agreement with Fran and DEVIL_GUI here.

I am however able to maintain having a job without getting a haircut.
smile.gif

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I half agree with Fran and others here. Sacrificing KOF99 and other fairly new protected carts is a shame, and I don't support it nor would I ever do it. Saccing TWO carts for ONE game, ONE of which is a great game like KOF99 is just a total waste.

However, using very common carts like SS2 (and it IS VERY common) or FF3 isn't nearly as bad in my opinion.

Long before the arcade converter was available, I had Jeff Kurtz convert a Metal Slug MVS to home cart, and the result is amazing. The homebrew Metal Slug 1 cart, with Jeff and Keith's cool insert and manual, looks really FANTASTIC!!! In fact, I think the manual is probably better than SNK's original one!

Could I have ever gotten a home cart of Metal Slug? No, I wasn't about to pay $800-$1000 or more to pick it up. And SS2 is so common that I don't feel I took anything away from the community. I mean, look at the game, the home cart routinely sells for about $60, which is a great indication of its commonness.

Later I had a Shock 1 cart converted, but again before the converter came out. Had I known that the converter would become available, I might not have had that conversion done, but still Shock 1 is a great game and at the very top of the desired conversion lists for many people.

Beyond those cases, which are COMMON MVS carts converted using COMMON HOME carts, I don't think conversion is appropriate. And now that the excellent !Arcade! MVS adapter is available, I tend to agree with most here that there is no further need for saccing carts (yes, I bought the converter too after it came out). Except still, for Metal Slug, which is such a fantastic game on home cart, and looks so great with Keith and Jeff's insert/manual, that its worth having converted even now.

New carts like Ganryu, Captain Tomaday, and Nightmare in the Dark are NOT worth having converted at all. Those are best kept on MVS only, and played through the new MVS adapter from !Arcade!