-- The future is now --

Testaroto

n00b
The future is now

This phase sounds well, now we are in the future and the future doesn't sound good any more .
I remind the old times where the Arcadias dominated the world of the video games, but now that anyone can have a home system or PC game or "worse even" an "it copies pirate or emulator", nothing is the same.

The technology to advanced very quick, and some people demanding a lot, like some of you and me of course.

Playmore (SNK), SEGA, EVOGA, Brezza, Sammy, and some other companies continue in the market of the Arcadias, but who cares, maybe in a little time no more.

Because? Simple now it is better for anyone to wait to that the Rom comes out.

Or maybe the problem is the companies?

Or the irrational comments about of the new games?

Which game is perfect for you?

Games in 3D, in 2D, graphic impressive, music, the classics, which?

"Or maybe this post only has stupid comments”

:( Maybe because I am new on the neighbourhood :(

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Testaroto ]</p>

Ven

Kabuki Klasher
I like the spinning plate girl, a LOT. :D

Anyways...

I don't know about the whole arcade/2D thing...I prefer to be a little more optimistic about the situation. I think the fact that SNK is still somewhat alive is proof that there's hope. I've seen far smaller businesses stay afloat for long periods of time.

I think human beings are into 2D art enough to keep it flowing, even at a trickle. Systems like the Gameboy Advance have seemingly called a lot of old 2D artists out of the woodwork. They're still there. And I think there's people waiting in line to be a part of it too. I know I am.

I think 2D fighters will still plod on into the future, with no problem. The consoles are becoming popular again, as is the GBA, and I think they'll thrive there.

The arcades are a completely different matter, however. I have a theory, though. I have a feeling that the arcades in the U.S. will become very much like Japanese arcades. The arcades in Japan, however, will probably become pretty sparsely populated. Hopefully, that's only temporary.

I think videogaming simply ebbs and flows. Someday, arcades and 2D fighters will probably come back into style. Until then, there should be enough of a trickle of them to keep things going, I think.

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Ven ]</p>

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I think right now, gamers are being told 3d is better. That complex 3d games are better. Its just what is in right now.... We may see a return to 2D if someone can do it with flare and style. That is all it needs, some new ideas, and it will be kicked into the foreground again. I still love 2D games, and really think the art is much better (and can be incredible if someone takes the time to do it right).

-Nick

Tadaima

Host for Orochi
I agree with Ven.

But I miss the good ol' days. By saying so, I don't mean to be a video game veteran -I consider myself to be an average gamer- but I miss the "feel." I used to play cocktail PacMan, cocktail Galaga, I restored an Avalanche game, I had lots of fun with the Discs of Tron, I'd pull my hair off when loosing like a stupid twat to Tempest und so weiter...

Today's games seem to be a little hollow, empty of that substance that made 70's, 80's and very early 90's games so attractive. And I am convinced that SNK games are in the vein of those good ol' games: they are new and improved, in some ways; yet they do not fail to convey a feel that makes you play a game, then another, then another...

2D is awesome in its freedom. It is possible to do a lot of things that would be very hard to do in the 3D mode. If we take the example of Dead or Alive III on the XBox -though I don't like the XBox at all-, all we can say is: "Wow..." But some earlier games were twice as beautiful as DODIII, in a way, because they supported more features than the 3D games. Take the example of Last Blade and Last Blade 2. These two games were awesome and brilliant at the time. And they're still.

I play my Neo Geo games, I still play my Castlevania on the NES, I still try to beat my high score in Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar, I must have a decayed VCS somewhere with Joust and Space Invaders... As long as a game is good and I have fun playing it, the rest doesn't have any kind of importance.

garou_d

Aero Fighter,
in a couple of years, we'll play 4D games & we'll remeber 3D as the good all times. the world is moving and technology also and very fast.

I'm glad to be a part of this and to own the best and more advanced system (new games for a 12 years old system is not common). it's a privilege to play neo at home and to know the real value of his power.

god bless NEO GEO. god bless you all.

teren

Quiz Detective
Originally posted by Testaroto:
<strong>The future is now

This phase sounds well, now we are in the future and the future doesn't sound good any more .

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: Testaroto ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes and the singer "Manu Chao" wrote in a sing : "El Futuro llego hace rato"
traduction (idon't sêaf english very well :/ : The Futur was here for a lot of time )