When you're fed up, you're fed up

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
The fighting must come to an end. I'm an OT myself, so I can sympathize with my
fellow Neo brethren. We don't feel appreciated and we're never 'thanked' for our
contributions to the community. Some of us have contributed more than others, but
that isn't the point here..... the people from ON.com are having a difficult time
adjusting to us and it shows. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but some of
our older members haven't been exactly behaving either.
biggrin.gif

The OT on this board (myself included) were not informed of the merger and it took
us completely by surprise. Worse yet, the newcomers (based on the threads I read)
were given Moderator status, etc., and have been given the royal treatment. Problem
is, the people who made this board a success were never treated with respect, and
that is where all the aggression is coming from. The newcomers are treated like
royalty while the old timers are tossed out into the cold and expected to stay silent
while the merger takes place. Hey, this is Shawn's board, but the people who post
here are the ones who made the board successful, not Shawn. Without the traffic
from users like us, NG.com would just be another dead space on the Internet. So,
ON members: realize that there is more going on here than what meets the eyes.
Your arrival isn't the problem here, so remember this the next time you read a nasty
post by one of us old timers. Just try to fathom our predicament: if the shoe was on
the other foot and we had to migrate to your server, would you take kindly to
GunSmith treating us like gold while forgetting you? I think not....

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

Iori E

n00b
Understood.

Thanks to everyone here who's welcoming us during this time of crisis. I'm sure that if the roles were reversed, the same thing would more or less happen.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well said, NeoLord.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!"

baller99

Banned
i think the forums should be shut down.Theres no point to this stuff anymore, expect maybe the selling forum.

Peter

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">this is Shawn's board, but the people who post
here are the ones who made the board successful, not Shawn. Without the traffic
from users like us, NG.com would just be another dead space on the Internet

No forums,no participation.Give Shawn his credit.He's giving you and everyone else the opportunity to express his/herself UNCENSORED
(with exception of off topic or bizarre)
The users and the owner/admin(s) make this board successful and things seem to be calming down.
-BB

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
It is getting better really it is. I agree with your points but when you start to make contact with the ON.com people in posts they are not so bad. Most of the spamming, offer to sell pirate CD-R's of games, ect... is bad apples testing the limits. And I honestly think that ON.com people just did not understand the tone of our war room initially. I also think offering Moderator spots to ON.com people was a necessary compromise to balance out the board. NeoLord it is my honest opinion and experience that Shawn and 99% of the Mods here respect your opinion and those of the original Neo Geo .com people very much but they have been very busy lately, just look at the technical work and problems involved. Talking this out with them helps alot. And when old timers get upset that can be a good thing because it means they care about the site and that is the most important thing to any site.
biggrin.gif

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
OLD TIMER IS MORE TRUTHFUL THAN YOU THINK, NEO LORD VERY TRUE.
I FELT LIKE A TOSS UP WHEN SHAWN MADE ALL THESE DECISIONS WITHOUT ASKING OUR OPINION AT ALL.......

Shawn

snkusa.com
An announcement days before the merger took place would have been optimal. However, ON.com was down for days as it was. The longer the wait the greater the degree of deterioration ON.com would experience. When our forums go down, if only for a few hours, it frustrates everyone. Imagine how they were feeling. I did not have the liberty of time to make an announcement and wait a day or two. Instead the merger and announcement took place within the very same hour.

We don’t question every new registrant who joins our community (unless he’s suspect of being a patrick/frogman). All new members are welcome, this has never been an issue. Now we have a large-scale immigration of fellow neo fans. No need to vote whether they are worthy or not, they could have joined our community regardless of our permission by simply clicking register. I understand that making Gunsmith an Admin can be considered hasty, but please respect my decision. I take full responsibility for my actions, and as you can see, our freedom of speech has not been compromised. We still run our forums the way we have grown accustomed to.

The old school members of this board will always be recognized as the original members. The registration information is displayed in everyone’s profile, just compare with the date of April 11th. In no way am I interested in replacing the original NG members with ON members and I sure hope no one has this impression. The old school members are a valuable part of this community. We are what make up the hardcore SNK cult that people speak of in hushed tones. Our community was strong before the merger and now it grows even stronger. We are far from being a dead board, as this place is as active as it has ever been.

If I’m showing favoritism to the ON immigrants, that is not my intentions. In fact, I have always strived not to show favoritism. Did you see me post in Fran’s top 5 favorite posters thread? Of course I have my favorites, but I can’t get away with picking any. It’s true that we have grown to know each other very well thanks to the forums. Our personalities shine through in our posts and everyone here plays a role in making and maintaining our community. Besides, I see members reading the forums till the wee hours of the morning. You must admit that this has been an interesting experience at the least. Many of you have told me personally that this merger is really fun, arguing and all. In time this feud will end, you will make new friends, have some laughs, and realize that this merger was for the better.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
What I REALLY want are some of those Girl Scout shortbread cookies, but they all sold out before I could get any this year. Grrr....

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
You make some good points Neo Lord. Except I disagree with you about the mod thing, most of the appointed mods are only mods for the Orochi forums, and thats there business. I think pppl were bothered by Gunsmiths admin position tho

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Bobak, Just because you dont take this kinda shit seriously doesnt mean you should be a jackass to those that do. Show a little resect man. Being nice comes back to you ten fold.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
What I REALLY want are some of those Girl Scout shortbread cookies, but they all sold out before I could get any this year. Grrr....

wow
i thought i was the only
one who liked those dam cookies
cant find them nowhere..
i see em at the supermarket but
always chok fulla nuts
cookies with nuts suck..
btw neo lord
i agree too
im just sitting back and watching
myself..

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bobak!:
What exactly do you guys want? A cookie?

Fine, here you go: http://www.mrsfields.com/

This is the treatment my post was talking about. Bobak's post just validates my claim..... no respect.
wink.gif

Eats another cookie.
biggrin.gif

[Edited to eat a cookie]

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

[This message has been edited by NeoLord (edited April 16, 2001).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Ah, well the best thing to do sometimes is just ignore Bobak. He can at times be a real jerk . . . its just in his nature I guess.
rolleyes.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
It is akin to what happened during a gathering at a friend's house one evening some time ago. A person that was a friend of both the host and myself brought along a friend to this gathering that was known to no one but himself. This individual, throughout the night, would go rummage through the kitchen, fridge, etc., without so much as a "By your leave," generally made a mess of things, and on top of that had the gall to complain about the type of soda they had on hand, what food they had available, etc.

True, this situation is not exactly the same, but there are parallels. In the case, Shawn is the owner of the house, and the NG.Commers had a sort of "permanent houseguest" status. Along comes ON.Com and all of a sudden nothing is good enough, needs to be changed to meet their standards, etc.

The Us VS. Them mentality continues to pervade the majority of the board, with people sticking to posts and replies within their respective groups, unless there is negativity involved, or a sale (Proving once again that capitalism makes the world go 'round!
wink.gif
).

Do not get me wrong, things seem to be dying down, and by no means were all of the ON.Com people like that (some are downright cool), and we could have been better hosts. I still sense an underlying rift between the two groups, though.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron

DEVIL_GUI

You can fantasize all day long, believing that you
THAT THERE BIOMOTOR MY 100% SNK DEVIL FIEND IS THE PERFECT COMPARISON TO THE SITUATION HERE.......

BOBAK, YOUR COOL, BUT YOU ARE CATING A BIT TOO MUCH LIKE AN ON BROWNNOSER AT THE MOMENT SORRY TO SAY (HEY MAN SORRY, ITS TRUE)

WHAT THE HELL, THESE COOKIES TASTE LIKE SHIT, THEYRE NOT FIT FOR MY ENIMIES LETALONE MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

DEVIL_GUI

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What exactly do you guys want? A cookie?

No disrespect Bobak, but that was totally uncalled for. Playing devil's advocate over something like this is a serious slap in the face to all the old-timers here. If you think the ON people are cool (and a lot of them seem pretty cool to me, besides the emu issue, but that's another can of worms), by all means be cool in return, but don't act like some indifferent asshole towards the folks that have been here so long and consider you a friend.

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've only been here for 4 months now and all I've seen is Shawn busting his ass trying to make this a great place to hang out. To use the house guest metaphor, we're ALL guests in Shawns house. I don't ask my guests if I can move furniture, why should Shawn? I don't ask if I can invite other guests either.

Besides what's wrong with more members, good or bad? The ON guys probably had the same jerk/good guy ratio we did. Besides the number of members, what's changed any way? Anyway more members means more information. Isn't that what we're here for?

Remember growing pains are a sign of growth. An obvious truth? Maybe not. Growth IS a good thing!

peace brothers and sisters

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dragynchylde:
I've only been here for 4 months now and all I've seen is Shawn busting his ass trying to make this a great place to hang out. To use the house guest metaphor, we're ALL guests in Shawns house. I don't ask my guests if I can move furniture, why should Shawn? I don't ask if I can invite other guests either.

Besides what's wrong with more members, good or bad? The ON guys probably had the same jerk/good guy ratio we did. Besides the number of members, what's changed any way? Anyway more members means more information. Isn't that what we're here for?

Remember growing pains are a sign of growth. An obvious truth? Maybe not. Growth IS a good thing!

peace brothers and sisters

This guy rocks, my sentiments exactly.

I apologize for the rather sharp witted remark, I debated whether I should make it or not before on other threads, it just finally popped out
smile.gif

I admit I tend to make light of serious situations. A flaw? I dunno, I work with at-risk teens and (in unrelated work) politicians so making light of situations is my way of keeping a clear head.

And Gui, I realize I may sound like a brown-noser, but its because I really think this whole subject of immersion has become a dead horse. There are a number of us - Biomotor, KidDragon, Big Bear, Prozerg (who saw that one coming?), djbomberman, rarehero, and many others - who wanted this to work from day one and have not changed our minds for a second. I'm just one of the more vocal, and as of late one of the more sarcastic. But I'm glad someone brought my apparent slant up -your criticism is always welcomed, Gui
smile.gif

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
phew!
enough talk
who wants a cookie?
biggrin.gif

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rarehero