What some of us want.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
And remember, this is Shawn's site, not yours.
He's free to do whatever he wants with it --
he can add a damn Horticulture forum if he wants to.
Same way, you're free to not post in those forums or
not post on this board if you don't want to.
------------------------------------------

No shit? Really???
Of course we know that. Doesnt change our argument one bit.

Many of us have been members of this BBs from the start.

I am here because Shawn requested that I come.
He requested that I be a moderator on this BBS.
After I recently stepped down, he requested that I stay.

So you see, I feel that I have a right to express any damn feeling
on this subject that I wish.

Now if Shawn wants to alter the focus of this BBS;
then thats his choice I agree.

What we want, what he must do is this.
Tell us exactly whats he wants. Thats all.
That way we can make a choice.

If hes gonna allow the emu to be discussed
then make a forum & be done with it.
If not, ban it.
Either way, thats for the best.

Its not fair to court both sides.
As long as he sits on the fence, fires gonna burn.

We just want to know, so that we can make our decision.

---------------------------------------
This was oriinally posted in the NG-16bit forum.
Figured I'd be an ass and repost it here
to give our mods more work.
Hehe, didnt feel they had enough.
smile.gif

Shawn

snkusa.com
I don’t see neo-geo.com offering EMU downloads, if anything there may be a link or two for EMU sites, just to steer the exit traffic correctly. As far as what do I want, it’s what the people want. From reading the boards it seems that most are against an EMU forum. So my choice is simple, no EMU forum.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
THIS WAS MY POINT ALL ALONG, I WILL NEVER STOP TELLING THE WAY I FEEL.......WHEATHER IT BE MEAN OR NICE, CHANGE IS GOOD TO MUCH IS THE OPPOSITE......THIS WAS BROUGHT ON US ALL AT THE WORST POSSIBLE TIME.....NOT THAT IT MATTERS BECAUSE IVE BEEN DOWNED BY THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT HAVE OCCUPIED IT IF YOU DONT LIKE MY OPINION THEN TELL ME......IM NOT HOLDING BACK THE PEOPLE I LIKE ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE SAME FOR THE PEOPLE I DONT.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Discussing emu specifics?? Is this the kind of chatter that your against??? I've only noticed users getting 'HAMMERED' for admitting using it.That's what I had a problem with.I don't think a person should be abused for admitting they use an emu.
I think it is automatically not appropriate to be discussing the specifics of a certain emu taking the focus off of the hardware 'THE REAL DEAL' in any and every section.
The Emu is a JOKE IMO.Good for ripping and previewing those so called 'rare ones'.I have yet to take advantage of it's uses.I still have no idea what Legend of Success Joe looks like because I don't want to go through the ***** hassle of *(*** with that thing
smile.gif

If there were a section created.I don't mind it as long as the content stays in the appropriate spot.There will be no section created and that's cool too...
I just don't care about it enough.I would encourage those of you who use the emu as a primary means of playing to do yourself a favor and experience Neo geo the way it was meant to be.
That's it...
-BB

B

Bobak!

Tell me whatcha want, what ya really really want...

So tell me whatcha want, what ya really really want?

You wanna...
You wanna...
You wanna...

You really really really wanna zig-a-zig-ahh!

(okay I'll stop now...)

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
IMO, emulation is a joke. It is like sex. Sooner or later, emulating sex is not good enough, and you will want the real thing. I feel sorry for those emulators who do not have a real NEO GEO or a woman.

1otaku

n00b
I agree. I've used the comparrison of emu usage to masterbation before. It'll get you by when you're a teen, but sooner or later you'll grow up and realize you want the real thing
smile.gif
If playing Neo on a 13 inch screen with a second rate PSX pad knockoff is satisfactory to you then fine, whatever. More carts out there for the real fans.
Later.

------------------
SNK-Sega-Capcom
The blessed trilogy

EndLeSS

n00b
hey hey,

I think some of you guys are taking this the wrong way. In no way do the ppl from ON.com offer links and support for emulation. Whenever links were asked for, I closed the topic. Yes, some of us use emulation (including myself) but we don't go out actively saying that we support it, we just deliver the news of what has been emulated and so and so.

I've been up and on the news of emu and stuff for over 3 years now (which is quite short actually) and I for one, don't support that new games be dumped, but I can't change it. That doesn't mean that I'm going to be a lamer about it and screw the fans over, but that also doesn't mean that I hate emulation to death.

Seriously though, emulation wasn't a big thing at all on ON.com. Heck playing online Big2 was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger (I shit you not). Ohh, and having no emu forum is good, because:

1. We don't need one IMO
2. More nitroglycerine to the fire.

$0.02

l8z

------------------
"We are able to love passionately because we die"
-Rollo May, The Cry for Myth

Check out my KOF '98 Complete RALF FAQQQ!!!!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/king_of_fighters_98_ralf_b.txt

ProphetRG

n00b
Just a clarification about emulation...

I appreciate the mindset of hardcore game collectors (I've been there at times myself) BUT you shouldn't put down something unfairly. If you dislike emulators because you dislike the copyright infringement involved etc. then that's a valid argument. But comparing them to "masterbation" is not only nasty, it's also quite inaccurate.

If one knows what they're doing, emulators can not only equal the real thing, but SURPASS it. Someone mentioned using a 13" screen and a keyboard... Well, how about using a 27" VGA screen and/or a 40" TV simultaneously? Using real arcade controllers (see www.hanaho.com etc.) or even real arcade cabinets and monitors. Not to mention having hiscore saving, save states and the ability to conveniently have ones games selectable from menus etc.

So please, if you hate emulation, that's fine. But don't misrespresent it as a lesser gaming experiece, because it's not. I own tons of real games and systems, and emulated arcade games are amazing examples of what modern technology can do. At the least, it's a great way to try games you might never have otherwise seen, or simply wouldn't pay the full price just to try it once or twice.

zy-

n00b
If it werent for emulators, I bet half of the people on this board wouldnt know what kof99 played like.
I dont care who the moderators are, If I hear any news about neoragex version 7 , or the latest cps2 emulator, or the latest dump on kof2k , believe me I will be the first to post it everywhere in the board, than you can close the thread, simple as that.
good day

ProphetRG

n00b
Hmm...

zy-, your attitude is dead wrong. I am also an emulation fan, obviously - but I also moderated multiple emulation message boards and helped run a well known site (www.retrogames.com) for years. This site, like any site, is a privately owned place that is kind enough to allow the public to participate. If you choose not to follow the owner's wishes, you should simply leave.

I completely respect neogeo.com's right to determine the subject matter discussed on THEIR site. So should you. This is primarily a hardcore NeoGeo collector's fansite, NOT an emulation site, and that should be respected as well. All I wanted to do was clarify that emulation can be a great, though very alternative, gaming experience.

Blue-Boy

n00b
LoL lololololl BOBAK! i listen to that music pretty weird hehe but funny!!!!!!!

------------------
fetch.dll