MVS+ call by Magic Box...

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
Dudes:

Magic box calls MVS+ the "hardware" for SS0.

Could this be the PCB thingie of SVCC?

Why they call it MVS+?

eye eye

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Magic box is a rumor mill, dont pay any attention.

Most of their news is scanned from magazines and stolen from other sites. They also know peopke who brownnose at magazine shops.

MVS+???

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rade Kuruc:
Magic box is a rumor mill, dont pay any attention.

Most of their news is scanned from magazines and stolen from other sites. They also know peopke who brownnose at magazine shops.

MVS+???
I know dude, they are just a fucking bunch of parasites taking advantage of other people's journalism work...

But, dude, they usually hit the right spots, (yeah stolen news but usually true...)

MVS+...

spock

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I believe all future releases are going to be the Game/Board hybrid first, and then the MVS carts. SvC:C was just the first.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I think that the method of release for SS0 will be the same as SvCC.

So far, game isn't dumped - that speaks volumes, considering there are 6 billion people in China desperately trying to bootleg it, just like everything else they see in the world.

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
RyoGeo:
I believe all future releases are going to be the Game/Board hybrid first, and then the MVS carts. SvC:C was just the first.
Sounds logical, but the MVS cart afterwards is ilogical IMHO...

Why everybody insists on the MVS cart some time after the hybrid thingie?

Any reliable confirmation about that?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
kanjifreak:
RyoGeo:
Sounds logical, but the MVS cart afterwards is ilogical IMHO...

Why everybody insists on the MVS cart some time after the hybrid thingie?

Any reliable confirmation about that?
I personally don't see the need for a MVS cart. The board is good enough.

Imagine - your scores will be intact for as long as the board functions. Sure, you wouldn't be able to switch games at the flick of a button, but whenever you swap games out of the MVS mother and reboot, it loses the old data. So this is actually cool, IMO.

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
EvilWasabi:

So far, game isn't dumped - that speaks volumes, considering there are 6 billion people in China desperately trying to bootleg it, just like everything else they see in the world.
China sucks, they are now copying Mexican artisanry...

And they sell it as legit Mexican...!

Fuck them...

At least they wont bootleg that easily the latest neo releases... hopefully...

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
its times like this i wish i were intelligent.

fuck!!!

i think you are giving me shit but im just too dumb and simple minded to figure it out for sure...

smart people help me out on this one please..

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
beelzebubble:
its times like this i wish i were intelligent.

fuck!!!

i think you are giving me shit but im just too dumb and simple minded to figure it out for sure...

smart people help me out on this one please..
Don't pay attention to him ! :D

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
kanjifreak:
EvilWasabi:

Fuck them...

I guess it's kind of revenge for the Ming Dynasty vases made in Mexico.

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
I don't support Piracy, in almost ANY form, but don't hate! I mean, what do you think? That EVERY news place gets there news at the exact same time? No! A lot of places see it elsewhere, post it, and then people (like a lot of us/you) see it THERE, first! But if someone sees it on another site first, they start bitching, "Wah, wah, wah! They took it from such and such!!" If it wasn't for people borrowing/stealing others ideas, most of the games you know-and-love wouldn't be around today! Prime example? The "Dragon punch"....

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
EvilWasabi:
kanjifreak:
EvilWasabi:

Fuck them...

I guess it's kind of revenge for the Ming Dynasty vases made in Mexico.
spock

lol

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I personally don't see the need for a MVS cart. The board is good enough.

Imagine - your scores will be intact for as long as the board functions. Sure, you wouldn't be able to switch games at the flick of a button, but whenever you swap games out of the MVS mother and reboot, it loses the old data. So this is actually cool, IMO.
Arcade operators are far too lazy nowadays to bother. Be lucky if they'll even bother swapping out MVS carts. :p That and gutting a 6-slot for one board blows.

I don't understand why they just can't have battery saved data in the carts, like all the old NES, Sega, and SNES carts did.

Briggs

I'm getting too old for this shit...,
My take on the PCB vs. cart issue is that yeah it helps for the bootlegging, but also I can't really imagine the company saying:

"Hey, let's make one of the most desired games and require that all arcade operators have hardware that we have not made in 10 years!"

Best way to cut down on bootlegs, and get the most market penetration at the arcades was to go with the most widely accepted standard - Jamma.

Just my opinion.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
All I want to know is, where did the rumour come from that says these will see an MVS cart release? I mean... ask SNK if it gets an MVS release and they will point to the single board and say... look... it says MVS, its a hacked MVS board... hence MVS...

SO, where is the idea coming from that we will actually see MVS carts. It seems that the only reason you would make them are for the fans here. As, Arcade Ops would care less! So... if that is the case, how possible would it be to convince Shawn to do a limited cart run, and would anyone buy it?

-Nick

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
nruva:
All I want to know is, where did the rumour come from that says these will see an MVS cart release? I mean... ask SNK if it gets an MVS release and they will point to the single board and say... look... it says MVS, its a hacked MVS board... hence MVS...

SO, where is the idea coming from that we will actually see MVS carts. It seems that the only reason you would make them are for the fans here. As, Arcade Ops would care less! So... if that is the case, how possible would it be to convince Shawn to do a limited cart run, and would anyone buy it?

-Nick
I told everyone that a few weeks ago, and everybody bitched back at me like "fuck you shawn's got it for pre-order..."

My topic even went off to the war room...

Fuck, why everyone won't understand no MVS cart will be released is beyond me...

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
As I understand it, from folks with direct contact with Playmore peeps is that the MVS cart format of this game is expected to be produced, but is not yet a totally confirmed commodity. It may depend on certain market conditions. Who knows.

They initially sold a ton of the hybrid boards and are into the second printing of them now. Perhaps the third run will be the MVS cart format, perhaps not. The plan is to release this on MVS cart, but plans can change.

In other words, pretty much what has been said since the new hybrid format was made public.

<small>[ August 07, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: RyoGeo ]</small>

kanjifreak

Sakura's Bank Manager
RyoGeo:
As I understand it, from folks with direct contact with Playmore peeps is that the MVS cart format of this game is expected to be produced, but is not yet a totally confirmed commodity. It may depend on certain market conditions. Who knows.

They initially sold a ton of the hybrid boards and are into the second printing of them now. Perhaps the third run will be the MVS cart format, perhaps not. The plan is to release this on MVS cart, but plans can change.

In other words, pretty much what has been said since the new hybrid format was made public.
Well, let's hope plans won't change...

I doubt it though...

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Is SvC going to have a MVS cart release? Or is it just going to be the board?

JuBond

BondJu, ,
Nick-

The only way I will buy this game is if they make a MVS cart of it. I say you should start a poll topic and see just who would support a MVS cart run if Playmore is having doubts.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I fail to see a problem with no MVS cart run.

Many of you with MVS cabs at home will be out of luck, but you people are not exactly arcade owners, and if you are, you have a conversion cab or two.

It sucks, but save up your pennies and get the home cart, or the PS2 port.

Val

Quiz Detective
EvilWasabi:
...considering there are 6 billion people in China desperately trying to bootleg it, just like everything else they see in the world.
My, haven't we got a racist face. Tsk, tsk.