Although Not SNK Related CAPCOM ALL STARS IS DEAD!

M

M0nKeYChUnG

More sorry news from Capcom,The long Anticipated and often delayed Capcom Fighting All Stars is Officially dead.Like one other promising Capcom Title Red Dead Revolver I am pissed at Capcom And have little faith They will make games for us Hardcore Gamers Viewtiful Joe Excluded of Course.

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/capcomfightingallstars/news_6072977.html" target="_blank">Full Article on the Death Of Capcom Fighting All Stars</a>

More news from Gamers.com

<a href="http://www.gamers.com/news/1437601" target="_blank">Capcom IS Dead!</a>

They also bring up a good point of there being no arcade games in development for a company that once dominated that market.

<small>[ August 05, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: M0nKeYChUnG ]</small>

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
but its street fighters 15th birthday, I think capcom has something up their sleeves, but won't say what. they've just been very quiet lately.

as for all stars, i'm glad its dead. I'm sure they didn't can it without a reason. The last thing capcom needs is annother street fighter ex

just wait, capcom will bring something new to the table soon enough.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Yay. That game looked like more SF EX crap. Can't say I'll miss it.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
For f*** sake, do a hi-res street fighter. I'm so sick of looking at lowres characters. look at Guilty Gear x2, looks sooooo good, spend some money capcom, quit being lazy. They probably wont do anything till the big 20th annaversery. Thats when the celebrated mega man. They did jack for his 15th. wink

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
Well that sucks, I was pretty interested in this title.

ray_7

i got happy with svc choas, now this news let me down a little bit... frown

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Shit this is probably the best news I heard all day. From what I saw of that game and what it was, It was literally a piece of SFEX Alpha 3D Garbage.

Capcom has much better resources to work with than trying to compete in the 3D Arena. Sega AM2 and NAMCO own Capcom's ass in that Dept.

mog

Bead Banger
Don't worry, they'll replace it with another rehash of old sprites with old ass shitty animation. Just like the rest of the fighting game companies that're helping bring the arcade industry down.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Sad but true. SF3:third strike would have been perfect with hi res. The animation was good though buttrock

-Akira

n00b
Cant say I'm all that bothered... I'm glad they ditched it. It's only distracting them from making great 2D fighters! Capcom need to get their act together, maybe get started on SF4 or something else... like... a 2D Rival Schools! buttrock

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
i wasn't hyped about that game anyways. capcom hasnt done much in a while. they might be up to something, i dont know. im not even "stoked" about svc.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Damn!... Now there won't be a gameguide with Senri Kita's official art...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didnt even know it was still around. Shows how much I care.

Looked like a disaster, and judging by the cancellation, it was.

mog

Bead Banger
ajk1080:
Sad but true. SF3:third strike would have been perfect with hi res. The animation was good though buttrock
Hell, if they'd release a "new" game that used the SFIII sprites they'd at least be a step ahead of the crap they make now.

rokerij147

n00b
mog:
ajk1080:
Hell, if they'd release a "new" game that used the SFIII sprites they'd at least be a step ahead of the crap they make now.
the "low-res" never even bothered me. It is a beautifully animated game and I'd play it over GGXX everytime.

SeVeNMerc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I want a new Rival schools game that is 2d sprites. Rival schools is a 3d fighter that is a 2d fighter at heart.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
M0nKeYChUnG:
More sorry news from Capcom,The long Anticipated and often delayed Capcom Fighting All Stars is Officially dead.Like one other promising Capcom Title Red Dead Revolver I am pissed at Capcom And have little faith They will make games for us Hardcore Gamers Viewtiful Joe Excluded of Course.

<a href="http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/capcomfightingallstars/news_6072977.html" target="_blank">Full Article on the Death Of Capcom Fighting All Stars</a>

More news from Gamers.com

<a href="http://www.gamers.com/news/1437601" target="_blank">Capcom IS Dead!</a>

They also bring up a good point of there being no arcade games in development for a company that once dominated that market.
fyi Red Dead REvolver is not dead and is set for a Sept release in the US. And it's not just VJ but PN03 that's a top game lately from Capcom.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
They knew it was a shitty game so they canned it. Much better than having a company put out something that's not up to snuff just for the sake of putting something out.

Rumors abound that more 2D fighting goodness is to come from Capcom in the future, hopefully we'll see it. :)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't understand the hate for SF EX. I thought SF EX was actually way more fun than Virtua Fighter or Tekken.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
EvilWasabi:
I don't understand the hate for SF EX. I thought SF EX was actually way more fun than Virtua Fighter or Tekken.
I really agree with you.
SFEX3 is an amazingly fun game...
and
SFEX1 had some awesome music and atmosphere to it...

Dhalsim's BGM "desert wind" [or something] was one of the best BGMs ever.

JHendrix

Kid Aphex:
EvilWasabi:
I really agree with you.
and

Funny you say that, I actually had a lot of fun playing EX3 on PS2. Really was one of those "3D fighters that play like 2D ones".

Played pretty good IMO, hope they refine that as it's probably the future of the "2D fighter" genre.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
JHendrix:
Kid Aphex:
EvilWasabi:
I really agree with you.
and

Funny you say that, I actually had a lot of fun playing EX3 on PS2. Really was one of those "3D fighters that play like 2D ones".

Played pretty good IMO, hope they refine that as it's probably the future of the "2D fighter" genre.
Yeah its an AWESOME game. I just wish it was a LITTLE bit faster...

Great music though

JHendrix

Kid Aphex:
JHendrix:
Kid Aphex:
EvilWasabi:
I really agree with you.
and

Yeah its an AWESOME game. I just wish it was a LITTLE bit faster...

Great music though
Yeah maintaining the speed of a 2D fighter done in 3D is pretty much the hardest part. Well it's hard while trying to keep the fighters pretty well animated.

That's one thing I hope they get fixed in future versions of the genre.

Oh yeah, haven't you noticed? Ever since they've moved towards a CD based medium that the music has gotten SO much better? SF3, GGX/X2, SFEX, VF4, Tekken, etc. I mean music in fighting games now is stuff I'd listen to just for fun.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
The only way I was gonna miss this is if it was put on the Project Justice engine wich IMO is the only good 3-d fighting engine. Even still I'm not at much loss and considering everyone is saying that you wonder why capcom killed it. Hopefully they'll do the same concept but in 2-d. That'd be LOADS better plus they can a lot more characters that way

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The only 3D fighter I can stand is Soul calibur 1 and 2.

EX 1, 2 and 3 were just painful, specially when the 2D ones had done such a better job. And no one wants to play EX competitively. not anyne I know.

SC2...hours and hours it seems.