Dreamcast & Neo Geo

promo18

n00b
hello. i heard a rumor that sega dreamcast can play neo geo games. is that true? multi_co

promo18

n00b
hey what's up igniz? i just got a free dreamcast today from my cousin. it works and all. what is a dc port?

rokerij147

n00b
King of Fighters Dreammatch 1999 (Kof 98)

Kingo of Fighters Evolution (KOF 99)

Last Blade 2

Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves

Import:

Twinkle Star Sprites

Last Blade 2 (uncensored)

King of Fighters 2000

King of Fighters 2001

King of Fighters 2002

More than likely I missed something

Igniz

Island Native,
a port is a conversion of a game from one platform to another. So the games in this case are being "Ported" to the dreamcast.

promo18

n00b
thanks igniz. how can i get my hands on a dc port? have you done this before?

HPMAN

UI resident
promo18:
You're going to be shocked, but you have to buy them eek!

Its a game. Its just a dreamcast game. Its the same way madden 2003 or whatever is on xbox, ps2, and gamecube. How splintercell is on all the systems. Its not hard you just have to look. try ebay. They dont come cheap. It cant play all of neos games as neo is carts and dreamcast is cd's if thats what you mean.

rokerij147

n00b
promo18:
my god your an idiot.

Those are games that you buy that you can play on the Dreamcast. This is not news or rumors. If your looking to play any Neo Geo on a Dreamcast you'd have to be dreaming. There are only those specifically made on the GD-Rom format by SNK and Playmore that can be played on there.

promo18

n00b
spaceranger johnny...im confused now. so let me get this straight. someone already makes the game to where it can play on the dreamcast? for instance...i played double dragon that was for neo geo. is their a way that someone can convert it to where it plays on dreamcast? i don't have to unscrew the dreamcast and add a part in there? sorry if the questions sound dumb...im new to this.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
promo18:
spaceranger johnny...im confused now. so let me get this straight. someone already makes the game to where it can play on the dreamcast? for instance...i played double dragon that was for neo geo. is their a way that someone can convert it to where it plays on dreamcast? i don't have to unscrew the dreamcast and add a part in there? sorry if the questions sound dumb...im new to this.
Gentlemen, possible new signature material?

But not to be a total ass:

Promo18, a few Neo Geo games were released on the Dreamcast. You actually have to go out and buy them if you want to play them. What is so hard to understand?

<small>[ August 04, 2003, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Lagduf ]</small>

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
To play all the Neo•Geo Games on your Dreamcast
you need to put your feet in a bucket full of water,
make sure your Dreamcast powercord is connected,
turn it on, and then you are going to have a list
of all the Neo•Geo games available. glee

Igniz

Island Native,
promo18:
HAHAHAHAHA ! You're even dumber than i am.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
xtoo_short20x:
To play all the Neo•Geo Games on your Dreamcast
you need to put your feet in a bucket full of water,
make sure your Dreamcast powercord is connected,
turn it on, and then you are going to have a list
of all the Neo•Geo games available. glee
I bet he's doing that right know...

too_short you killed him!

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I smell a fake account. Mods do an IP check, this is a great thread.

You guys dont have to be that mean.

OK, look, Its a game. Its just the same game that you buy from any gamestore. THeres nothing special about it. Its just a game. Let me show you:

<a href="http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch&keyword=mark+of+the+wolves&foundin=0" target="_blank">http://www.gamestop.com/search.asp?sortby=title&searchtype=quicksearch&keyword=mark+of+the+wolves&foundin=0</a>

this ones for playstation:

<a href="http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=934228" target="_blank">http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=934228</a>

I think you are thinking that this is something thats illegal or shouldnt be done. Its not. and asking for that will get you disliked really fast.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Something tells me that the person asking for "all Neo Games on the DC" is referring to the possibility of running MAME on the DC. For if you can do that, then all you would need is "TEH ROMZ" (is that how you properly mispell that?) to play whatever Neo Geo game. Someone was already speaking about how he has MAME on his DC and X-Box and how Kizuna Encounter runs better on MAME on one of them on SNK-Capcom Forums.

Before anyone flames me... keep in mind that I do not own an X-Box, NOR do I have any problems buying my own games. In fact, the only Neo Geo "ROMS" I have on my MacMAME are Magical Drop III and Money Idol Exchanger... compared to the 70+ titles I have owned on either the Neo Geo cart system or through ports. Just trying to answer a few questions... that's all.

<small>[ August 04, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: VinylBoy ]</small>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
there was a guy from the UK trying
to make a NEO cd player for the DC where
you could play your NEO cds using the DC.
i think he stopped though.
lazy bastards probably smoking fags and downing liquor as we speak.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
rarehero:
there was a guy from the UK trying
to make a NEO cd player for the DC where
you could play your NEO cds using the DC.
i think he stopped though.
lazy bastards probably smoking fags and downing liquor as we speak.
Yeah, he is a fag smoker. He also likes cigarettes and weed. oh_no