todays arcadia and some other stuff..

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
1. arcadia came out and has ss0's release date (arcade) as october. character art by nona again (looking cool). and a few nice pics though nothing youve not already seen online...

2. svc chaos writeup has what seems to be the full movelist for each character and a list of each characters kof style direction+button normals and their properties (cancellable, overhead or not, etc), some nice new character artwork by nona also...

3. one of my students is an ex snk employee :) he quit 1 and a half years ago after they changed to aruze (he said he hates gambling...) knew about svc chaos but not ss0 which suggests the game was definitely in development and well know to employees back in those days... ive also got students who work for square enix and nintendo :)

4. played as evil ken, he seems toned down from his mid boss version, doesnt seem to teleport when he dashes.... goenitz seemed average unlike the way the computer uses him.... wonder about bousou iori...?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Its kind of a releif to here that the playable midbosses are toned down from the CPU version.

You have insiders at these companies? Wheres the dirt. I want scandal!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Thanks for the info, brown-noser.

It's a bit sad to hear that characters are toned down, but if the AI is really good, I don't mind. Like if it's as vicious as SSIII, I'll be very happy.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
It's a bit sad to hear that characters are toned down, but if the AI is really good, I don't mind. Like if it's as vicious as SSIII, I'll be very happy.
can i have a custom title with brown noser... can i can i pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee??

or maybe "rades love slave"...

on level 8 this game would molest you i have no doubt...

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: beelzebubble ]</small>

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Nesagwa:
Its kind of a releif to here that the playable midbosses are toned down from the CPU version.
I totally agree with you. Toning down boss-character is just what makes them enjoable as playable characters...

Anyone knows if ShinGouki and ShinMisterKarate are playable via code?

NOTE: an eventual ShinMisterBig should have no jumping ability, right? wink

Hum, bye the way ...

I'm searching for the original illustration of the Arcadia 40 cover in high res crying

That's a Falcoon's illustration :) but this pic is not on his official site :(

So if somedy have it ... thank you, that would be cool help

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
can i have a custom title with brown noser... can i can i pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeee??

or maybe "rades love slave"...

on level 8 this game would molest you i have no doubt...
It's not polite to beg.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Kryzalid_aw:
Hum, bye the way ...

I'm searching for the original illustration of the Arcadia 40 cover in high res crying

That's a Falcoon's illustration :) but this pic is not on his official site :(

So if somedy have it ... thank you, that would be cool help
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=007579" target="_blank">dirty pair</a>

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Shito:
Nesagwa:
I totally agree with you. Toning down boss-character is just what makes them enjoable as playable characters...

Anyone knows if ShinGouki and ShinMisterKarate are playable via code?

NOTE: an eventual ShinMisterBig should have no jumping ability, right? wink
Oh YES. I was worried about this specific thing!!!
I was like,"what's the purpose of being able to use the boss chars if they are'nt toned down."
I mean,it's too easy to dominate the normal roster using overpowered or cheezy hidden chars.
So I guess there won't be a problem using Goenitz and others in normal vs play which makes for a truly expanded roster.
-BB

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
hahah Wasabi, somebody (or maybe you)
is advertising off your account.. Probably already know this but....
Gameplay Moderater leads directly to a SVCC kit..

sadoanarcho

Kabuki Klasher
there's some information about cave's new shmup

<a href="http://trickyt.hp.infoseek.co.jp/esp00.jpg" target="_blank">page1</a>
<a href="http://trickyt.hp.infoseek.co.jp/esp01.jpg" target="_blank">page2</a>

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: sadoanarcho ]</small>

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Beelz, be glad that you haven't played against any Bousou Iori players (yet). The speed alone will make you want to punch the screen.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Beelz, be glad that you haven't played against any Bousou Iori players (yet). The speed alone will make you want to punch the screen.
you are kiddin me... that sucks.. im going into the main arcade today for some challenges... im sure ill run into plenty of them :(

that sucks, i remember kof 97 in the arcades here all too well........

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Yes, Itried him once to see if the code worked and I felt so cheap when I played as him against other people.

Seriously, when the other player`s Ken threw a fireball it was like bullet time in The Matrix as Iori has so much timje to jump over it and land a hard punch or kick right next to Ken`s head.

Corniest character in ages oh_no !Zero holds my interest a lot more wink ! ROTB Iori however does have a nice exceed super though (reminiscent of KOF`97 ending :) )

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
You forgot to mention the cool poster of SvC:Chaos that you get free with mag Beezlebubble. Since the artwork is done by probably my favourite artist (Hiroaki) I think it`s a wicked poster and it alone could warrant buying this month`s Arcadia eek! !

P.S. It`s funny as this will probably be the last time I post from Japan for a while but it`s cool at the same time as I`m using the internet in Kansai airport for free buttrock ! How cool is that glee ?

eight one

Igniz's Servent
tsukaesugi:
eight one:
Can I have a custom title too? Pretty please?
lol again, how 'bout official Akihabara tour guide?
Sounds great to me. :)

How exactly did you land yours, anyway?

<small>[ July 31, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: eight one ]</small>