idea for SNK-Playmore

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Make the manuals for SvC and SS0 dual language. The Japanese and English carts are released simultaneously anyways, so it won't take longer. So just make a bigger book. Or include both in one cart run.

That way you don't need to have an "English" cart run. People can read their manuals, as they claim they want to do, but no one has to suffer the pains of English cart overstock.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't think I've ever read a manual in my life.

I don't think the collecting community would like this one bit.

Another curious question that's been clinking around is the price. Expected to ne the standard (hah!) 325, but considering this game will sell a hell of a lot more than 2k2, 2k1, Matri, etc, you'd thin they could lower thr price to a less insane 250, as they can have more produced.

I guess that is not their strategy.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Rade Kuruc:
Another curious question that's been clinking around is the price. Expected to ne the standard (hah!) 325, but considering this game will sell a hell of a lot more than 2k2, 2k1, Matri, etc, you'd thin they could lower thr price to a less insane 250, as they can have more produced.

I guess that is not their strategy.
When I bought KOF2001 it was around 35,000 yen. Since then ROTD, KOF2002, and Matrimelee have all been 40,000 or so, so now that the prices have gone up, they are definitely not going to go down again... at least not in Japan anyway.

Personally I'm glad the prices haven't gone up.

[edit: spelling]

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

Rade K

20 Year Member
I dont think you understand. If anything, this game will warrant a higher pruduction run that usual. There is a lot of interest. Since the 325 is not set in stont, I wonder if Playmore would pass the savings of a higher cart run on to us.

Regardless, this game looks to somewhat worth ~300. As compared to 2K2 (which I had the dsipleasure to put some 2player time into--2k1 is actually a lot better).

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Rade Kuruc:
I dont think you understand. If anything, this game will warrant a higher pruduction run that usual. There is a lot of interest. Since the 325 is not set in stont, I wonder if Playmore would pass the savings of a higher cart run on to us.

Regardless, this game looks to somewhat worth ~300. As compared to 2K2 (which I had the dsipleasure to put some 2player time into--2k1 is actually a lot better).
Higher production run, maybe. You'd think the same for 2K1 after the hullabaloo over SNK going down.

Most people are going to wait for the PS2 release or the roms though. So how much more will the production run be? 1000 more carts?

SNK used to make manuals with English parts for PSX ports like KoF 98, KoF 99, I think Last Blade, and a few others. It's not hard.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Obliterate the Enlish run of carts? Well, if it makes things cheaper for all people interested, I'd be happy. A universal release with a flipable insert and a dual instruction manual is something I'd like to see.

Thread back on track.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
I love the idea Charlie. Given that I'm so torn on which version to get.

I doubt the English collectors would agree with you though.

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
I don't know which version to get either, that would be great if they would include a dual language manual. I think i'm going to get a Japanese version because I'm not planning on opening the manual frown

Its sacrilege to say but $325 is still alot of money. Ports may be your typical $50 huh?

Thus lies the indefinate question...

aria

Former Moderator
I read my manuals, I even handle the carts with my bare hands :)

Still, none of the recent manuals have been nearly as funny as the older ones.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
English carts are just piss-poor ports of the Japanese ones. :cool:

Shining Kooksu

Zero's Secretary
Bobak:
I read my manuals, I even handle the carts with my bare hands :)

Still, none of the recent manuals have been nearly as funny as the older ones.
The Sengoku 3 manual was pretty funny. It had alot of engrish in it. Especially the items page.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I like this idea. I like being able to read the manual which is why I get the english release. I could care less about collectors value.

SNKFreak

Banned
Haha, AES collectors always amuse me.

Yeah the idea rocks, but still not worth the 400 bucks. For that price, I think they should include a piece of the SNK building with it, just a brick will do.

But ofcourse, it'll never happen.. cuz it's a GOOD IDEA!

I'll wait till the MVS cart is released and gets down to about $75.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
damn i wish we could see the difference in inserts etc for jap and us before we pre-pay, i think that woudl help peeps alot in their decision obviously.

CarBaXinE

POSSIBLE SCAMMER - BEWARE
I always read the manuals for the games i buy, only if i need to. regardless i will be getting the japanese version beacuse i collect japanese carts. the moves are preety simple to read with a japanese manual, there just derections... although i think EvilWasabi's idea it great.