ZERO is cheap and cool

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
<a href="http://kofcartel.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=943#943" target="_blank">http://kofcartel.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=943#943</a>

Definitely top tier without a doubt. He's an anti-FB character and most of his normals and moves are hella good, safe, and fast. And on top of that he looks hella cool.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fantastic.

Now any scrub that knows the code can entirely own everyone they play against. Might as well stick Igniz in there while they're at it and make him playable.

They should've made the secret characters, bosses, and mid-bosses (except for possibly Dan) playable only in single player if you ask me.

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: Fygee ]</small>

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Come on, there are always tiers in fighting games. That doesn't mean it's impossible to beat someone who is using a technically superior (better priority, spped, or range) character or that the game is broken.

Besides, zero is a hidden character/boss, I expect him to be a bit more powerful. Capcom tended to make characters like him take more damage for tournament balance, but SNK seems to leave them at full strength. It's 3am, this is about where my thoughts go AMTRAK and get totally derailed...

er...I do enjoy having a anti-fb chara as a top-tier though. :D

<small>[ July 30, 2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: Talen ]</small>

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Well, Zero is also a FB character. He can do FB in the air and ground, plus he can get his helpers to do fireballs as well.

All of Zero's sprite are very very polished, more than Dhalsim, IMHO.

Well, certain games have good balance so it's hard to make tiers (like 2002). But SvC thus far, is not that balanced considering also how you can pick Orochi Iori and Evil Ken who are better versions of themselves.

Azrael

n00b
Also I found out Zero can summon some robo friends...hld back then forward + button(punch)

for WP which is "A button" (random robots)
One robot will replenish you health (small amount)
the other one a small robot will walk on the ground once the enemy got hit by that he will turn into that small robot ( so you can attack it without fighting back note use weak punch or weak kick for more damage attcks)

for HP which is "C button" (random again)
One robot will fly behind you assisting Zero while attacking. He shoots small green darts.
the other one is a floating fish it will just hovers and wont move but once the enemy touch it it will explode.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Fygee:
Fantastic.

Now any scrub that knows the code can entirely own everyone they play against. Might as well stick Igniz in there while they're at it and make him playable.

They should've made the secret characters, bosses, and mid-bosses (except for possibly Dan) playable only in single player if you ask me.
stfu. quit whining. have you even played it?? no.

omg, you might have to get better, THE HORROR eek!

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I've said it once, and someone seemed to get the wrong idea...so I'll restate it. Zero looks like butt. Whatever in the world inspired them to go with the Megaman Zero version instead of the Megaman X version I'll never know...Yeah, the sprite is detailed and well animated, but it just seems a shame to waste it on such a gimped up version of Zero...especailly since the X version is 7 games strong now, as opposed to the MMZ version, which is....2 games....3 if you count SvC? wtf...

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
IoriYagami n8:
I've said it once, and someone seemed to get the wrong idea...so I'll restate it. Zero looks like butt. Whatever in the world inspired them to go with the Megaman Zero version instead of the Megaman X version I'll never know...Yeah, the sprite is detailed and well animated, but it just seems a shame to waste it on such a gimped up version of Zero...especailly since the X version is 7 games strong now, as opposed to the MMZ version, which is....2 games....3 if you count SvC? wtf...
I like both his MMX look as well as his MMZ look, but I'd
say I prefer his MMZ look. That's my two cents, anyway...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
IoriYagami n8:
I think the new ver was used because capcom wants the new series pushed so it probably worked for both parties. Also the new one is a lot more sleak and fighter like. The old Zero does not look like He would be hurt by a Hadouken he is armored like fuck.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
IoriYagami n8:
again, i agree 100% buttrock

it is a shame. what saddens me is that there is next to NO HOPE of ever seeing mmx zero in a fighter (svc2, mvsc3) since he will either be absent, or they will just go with mmz zero since hes now 'established'

what a disappointment.

its still GREAT to see zero in there, too bad its the metrosexual one.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Azrael:
Also I found out Zero can summon some robo friends...hld back then forward + button(punch)

for WP which is "A button" (random robots)
One robot will replenish you health (small amount)
the other one a small robot will walk on the ground once the enemy got hit by that he will turn into that small robot ( so you can attack it without fighting back note use weak punch or weak kick for more damage attcks)

for HP which is "C button" (random again)
One robot will fly behind you assisting Zero while attacking. He shoots small green darts.
the other one is a floating fish it will just hovers and wont move but once the enemy touch it it will explode.
Those are the Cyber Elf things that he collects and uses in Megaman Zero if I'm not mistaken. They never had much detail in the GBA game and were just little sparks though.

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I've been wanting another version of Samurai Shodown forever. I can't wait! The screenshots look awesome!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've been reading that Zero and Marspeople are band from tournament play which I would not doubt both seem to be stupidly powerful

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie:
I've been reading that Zero and Marspeople are band from tournament play which I would not doubt both seem to be stupidly powerful
I'm very interested as to where you've read that.

Machin Shin

Cheng's Errand Boy
<a href="http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39430" target="_blank">It looks like SvsC is officially broken...</a>

lol oh_no eye

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i respect buktooths call on most things... i am not sure how much svc hes played though shit that seems broken either is until the day the game stops being played or ppl find a way around it... other thing is that he made it sound a bit like its the only game... mvc2 and cvs2 are hardly well balanced games themselves despite their popularity so where svc fits in the scheme of all things is yet to come...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
beelzebubble:
i respect buktooths call on most things... i am not sure how much svc hes played though shit that seems broken either is until the day the game stops being played or ppl find a way around it... other thing is that he made it sound a bit like its the only game... mvc2 and cvs2 are hardly well balanced games themselves despite their popularity so where svc fits in the scheme of all things is yet to come...
KoF 95, 96, 97, SS3 and SS4, Ninja Masters... all of them are broke ass games, lithe with infinites.

So SvCC can't be bad if it's sided with the games listed above.

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Ok, so so far I've heard at one point or another the following characters are cheap:

Zero
Mars People
Terry
Geese
Demitri

I'm sure at this rate in another few weeks every character will be considered 'cheap' too, right? :rolleyes:

It seems like every time a new fighting game comes out I hear how every single character is cheap depending on whom you talk to. Of course, I usually tune out anything Shoryuken says anyway. glee

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It's the same pattern all over again. Shoryuken is just one of the places that always cries cheap and broken and then changes their tune afterwards.

They were the source of that Official call of broken for CvsS1 in saying that Nakoruru broke the game. Only to hold a tournament (which allowed all characters) and have the Shoryuken officially low-ranked Raiden, win the whole thing.

But that's not the only people or examples. KOF2k1 got slandered because so and so character had these infinites. Some people cried they were easy and I've never been able to do them well. Hard enough even if doing in practice mode. But lo and behold, noone would know they were broken with infinites in tournament. You end up seeing the exact teams that win the tournies and none of them have any of those members that had the infinites. Then you see the second rung of players, also none with infinites. Etc.

So, yep. I still agree with those who say its too early to tell. Sure, every game initially gets called for tiers and brokeness inn some way, but time always seems to reveal changes to the opinion. This wont change. I guarrantee, the next game that comes out, by anybody, will get the same treatment.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Phoenix Down:
Ok, so so far I've heard at one point or another the following characters are cheap:

Zero
Mars People
Terry
Geese
Demitri

I'm sure at this rate in another few weeks every character will be considered 'cheap' too, right? :rolleyes:

It seems like every time a new fighting game comes out I hear how every single character is cheap depending on whom you talk to. Of course, I usually tune out anything Shoryuken says anyway. glee
You forgot Goenitz. wink

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In:
OrochiEddie:
I'm very interested as to where you've read that.
It was on a small message board I found while looking for vids. Basically a small tourney was being held and both Zero and Mars People weren't being allowed. Honestly I'm not too suprised. If you watch the video that was recently posted with Gouki VS Mars People I think it's clear to see he is cheap and broken. He has an unblockable special which does quite a lot of damage for being unblockable, he's got stupidly powerful reach and speed.

Val

Quiz Detective
Zero is not terribly bad.
In the arcades here there is quite alot of competition, 80% of which people play as either Iori or Kyo.

Orochi Iori is one to look out for due to his speed at which he can cross-over with b + B.

I personally like Choi. He seems to be quite a good all around character.