UNIVERSE BIOS v1.2 released.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yup its finally here and available from the UNIVERSE BIOS homepage. Anyone with previous versions should consider upgrading to this newer version. Below is a quick rundown of whats new and you can see screenshots of the new testmode improvements at the bottom of the screenshots page(at the UNIVERSE BIOS homepage)

Raz

----------------------------------------

WHATS NEW IN VERSION 1.2
------------------------

Additions

Added Multislot support to the Jukebox Player and Gamecart CRC check.
Added the ability to continue on from a hardware error.
Allowed Test Mode button to give access to TEST mode menu while in console mode.
Cheats for MATRIMELEE added to the cheats database.

Test mode improvements

Time added to main test mode menu screen (date format changes from euro to usa region).
Crosshatch test shrunk to match fullscreen used by most games.
Full color fade bars in color test (why the original BIOS never did this is beyond me).
Setting up the code number will now be in English even when set to Japan region.
Soft DIP settings will always be in English even if set to Japan region. (Soft DIPs shown will always be from Euro region, this means some settings will not work unless system set to EURO region, like the language soft DIP for example).

Changes

Disabling the hardware test (general bios settings) now disables the Z80 test also.
Visually improved the gamecart crc check screen making it better.
Games that use the protected banking system no longer calculate the crc32 for those banks, instead it is indicated that they are custom.
Doing a 'WORK RAM TEST' (all hard dips on at power on) no longer clears region settings.
Updated CRC32 database although there could still be errors.

Fixes

Fixed a lockup if entering the Memory Card Manager or Test Mode from the splash screen when running in console mode with hard DIP 8 (stop) on.
Fixed 'unlock Kyo & Iori' kof99 cheat (no longer jumps to character select after win).
Fixed distorted music in Jukebox Player with games ROTD, KOF2002 and MATRIMELEE.
Fixed REALBOUT2, KOF98, NEOCUP98 and BREAKREV reset on the 'winners dont use drugs' screen on multislot Hardware.

Nomax

Kula's Candy
Good news! But I'm a bit afraid of the "Soft DIPs shown will always be from Euro region" thing since some games have extra/less options when set to Japanese or USA... spock

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Razoola:

Fixed REALBOUT2, KOF98, NEOCUP98 and BREAKREV reset on the 'winners dont use drugs' screen on multislot Hardware.
Ahhh, so that was the prob with my RB2 cart.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
That happened to me at the Houston Meet with RB2, the reset thing. Fatal Fury Fan #2 saw it.