First run of SVC Chaos Jamma Boards sold out!

cLo

Marked Wolf
I apologize if this has been posted already.

Taken from <a href="http://www.snk-capcom.com/index.php" target="_blank">http://www.snk-capcom.com/index.php</a>

"SNK Playmore/SNK NEOGEO USA has successfully sold out of their first run of SVC Chaos Jamma Boards. If you're lucky, your arcade ordered one, but we expected a sell out and it was.

Congrats to SNK PLAYMORE/SNK NEOGEO USA for a successful launch." buttrock

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
That's really great news! I hope Playmore is doing as well as it sounds!!

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, it was posted earlier, but I'd like to post an opinion on a fresh thread:

A lot of you might resent this, but CVS2 was rather successful for a modern 2d fighter, and SVC Chaos probably owes a lot of it's current success to Capcom' series.

cLo

Marked Wolf
Rade Kuruc:
Yeah, it was posted earlier, but I'd like to post an opinion on a fresh thread:

A lot of you might resent this, but CVS2 was rather successful for a modern 2d fighter, and SVC Chaos probably owes a lot of it's current success to Capcom' series.
I'm very suprised to hear that. I thought the arcade crowd was pretty much sick of 2D fighters a long time ago. I'm just glad SNK-Playmore had a great launch and hope it's a sign that they'll get back on their feet and be sucessful again.

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
What run is going to be on the MVS format does anyone know??

<small>[ July 29, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Tetsuo311 ]</small>

aria

Former Moderator
Fluff_Daddy:
Anyone know the quantity of the first run?
That was my question too.

Considering how hard it is to find these cabs, given our defacto "national search team", they probably did a low run to make sure they did sell out. Classic promotional tactic.

I'm not going to sing praises yet because the one arcade operator I talked to last weekend was not impressed (and seemed angry at the game).

To steal a movie industry term, we'll see if this game has "legs."

It still seems up for grabs.

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
I heard the 3rd or 4th run is supposed to be in MVS format. I'm hoping when the MVS cart comes out the price will go down by at least $1200

Mike

Bead Banger
Bobak:
Fluff_Daddy:
Anyone know the quantity of the first run?
That was my question too.

Considering how hard it is to find these cabs, given our defacto "national search team", they probably did a low run to make sure they did sell out. Classic promotional tactic.

I'm not going to sing praises yet because the one arcade operator I talked to last weekend was not impressed (and seemed angry at the game).

To steal a movie industry term, we'll see if this game has "legs."

It still seems up for grabs.
Can you elaborate on his anger? What was he pissed about? The price? The format? The age of the technology?

aria

Former Moderator
Mike:
Can you elaborate on his anger? What was he pissed about? The price? The format? The age of the technology?
He seemed like a grumpy asshole (by personality) so it was hard to get any information out of him (I found out his opinion of the game when I simply asked "hey, what's the addesss of this arcade -I know a lot of people who would want to know where there this game is. I'll post it online.")

He thought it wasn't pulling in enough money. He thought it wasn't impressing customers. He though it was a waste of arcade money. He said "who cares about it, it's going to be everywhere soon enough".

The man was old and embittered and I found him distasteful before I even heard his opinion of the game. However, he did give his honest opinion.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Quote:

I'm very suprised to hear that. I thought the arcade crowd was pretty much sick of 2D fighters a long time ago.

actually, I thought the "arcade crowd" was pretty much sick of 3D fighters. When I played svc, there was a large crowd around the cabinet that chaos was in, and two soul calliber 2 cabinets collecting dust. it seems to me like it the home market that is sick of 2d fighters, the arcade is the only place where they still strive (and at my house).

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Ha, ha. Sounds like he was pissed that it hadn't made his money back in the span of a few days.

Maybe he was expecting lines like there were for Star Wars back in '77.

Sorry, d00d. Doesn't work like that nowadays.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Honestly, according to Bobak, he sounds like one of my Serbian Uncles.

What does that mean?; They don't know about anything other than construction and automechanics(the auto part is good for my car), but they can suck my dick when I want to play SVC and they want to switch on the sattelite and watch nationalistic Serbain news.

They dont know!

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
If the quantity was high than the price will be sure to drop like a rock before too long. :D

Robert

20 Year Member
Can someone explain me the reason why they produce this game at the jamma format??

TriShield

Host for Orochi
robert:
Can someone explain me the reason why they produce this game at the jamma format??
They probably did it so that the game can have a broader release, not just arcades with MVS machines.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
They released this game as a stand alone pcb because mvs carts are so easy to pirate. there is something about this pcb that supposedly makes it more secure.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
Oegoen:
then SVC MVS cannot work with Phantom1 in my Neo Geo AES? :confused:
i guess you could jam the board into the phantom...but you just might break it...

tickled

cLo

Marked Wolf
BryLmoo:
Oegoen:
then SVC MVS cannot work with Phantom1 in my Neo Geo AES? :confused:
i guess you could jam the board into the phantom...but you just might break it...

tickled
Is it worth $1900 to risk it? :D