The Return of NEo Geo POcket At Electronic Boutique on August 6th!!

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
Hi I am a store manager at Electronic Boutique here on Long Island NEw York. Monday is the Day that the POS is updated with new Skus. Today, their was two skus for a neo geo pocket bundle with four games for $49 and one with 6 games for $79. I had a conference call later today where one of the other managers asked my district manager about the Neo Geo Pocket. She said that SNK had reopened in the USA ( which we know) and that they will be dunping the surplus from I guess SNK japan here in the states. If you go to your local Electronic Boutique asked the associate to look up NEo (it is its own category) and put a deposit down. The shipping date is August 6th, If anybody heres what games are included or what color the systems are please post it here. Thanks
Steve

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Thanks for this information. I think I'll have to look into this myself, because I love my lil' ol' NGPC.

I can't help but wonder if this might push SNK into releasing more games for it should they sell well. Come on Card Fighters 2 in English!

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I've known about this for more than a week.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Master Giby ]</small>

aria

Former Moderator
Well there's a bit of a surprise.

Not quite a "shock", since it makes business sense to sell extra stock, but still. A shock would've been a new game.

slerch666

updyke,
My brother told me about this last week.

Honestly, it was only a matter of time, since if you've visited the EB Games website, you would havenoticed they've been selling that bundle for awhile. I'm surprised it's taken this long.

Why not give Last Blade a proper US release while they are at it?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
<a href="http://www.ebgames.com" target="_blank">www.ebgames.com</a>

You should be able to order it there.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I'm assuming they will come with no boxes, like the other bundles available? What are the games?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
They'll probobly sell them like how Gamestop is, in their own package.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Master Giby:
They'll probobly sell them like how Gamestop is, in their own package.
I wouldn't put it past 'em, it strikes me that they just go out of their way to fuck people over any way they can......bitches

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Check back at their website a couple of days before they start the deal, if I happen to come accross it I'll send you a pm and post it here.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Liquid Snake:
can't find anything in EB website
It's on the Eb computer. You know the one. it has that big fat bald man behind it.

Solid Snake

King's Dry Cleaner
EB a few months ago where selling Recondition NGPC budles through there website. It was the same thing though with your choice of a 4-game pack or a 6-game pack. The system itself came in a white box with the logo on the front which looked nice but the games where shrinkwraped around the box and so looked cheap. But after a few weeks they just took them off the website. All I do remember was that it wasn't EB or SNK doing the distribution.

Maybe it'll sell surprisingly well, Playmore will put out a few new releases which sell very well, third parties express interest and start developing for the system, and it gets to around 35% of the market and lives a full life while PSP and N-Gage fail miserably, then a couple years down the road SNK Playmore announces it'll make a new NGP system, and both SNK Playmore and Nintendo release their next portable systems at the same time and SNK's outsells by a long shot.
Or not.

But still, cool.

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
Will they sell the games without the system? Hmm... Well, I guess I'll see if they'll have it for sale locally. wink I should get a 2nd system and maybe a few games that I can play head to head on. :)

TriShield

Host for Orochi
If it was unsold stock from Japan, wouldn't they all be brand new, and unopened in original packaging?

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
UGH!!!

I went to EBX today to pick up a GCN title.

I said "when can I preorder the NGPC bundle"?

She said "What?!?"

I repeated my inquiry and the lady goes..

"Do you mean the N-Gage?"

I said, "No, the Neo Geo Pocket Color, by SNK."

Her reply "No, SNK pulled out of the US years ago... can I interest you in game buh--...."

"No, I know it's offered in August, please let me know information on that.. Snk is back in the US and EBX will be stocking NGPC."

She seemed a little stunned, checked the computer and lo and behold!

Under Neo.. she goes "Whoa! I didn't even know about this!"

"Well, here's your info.. and wow.. I didn't even know. You'll have to special order it as I doubt they will be shipped to the store."

"Ok, well, I'll be back in to deposit."

HOW DEPRESSING.. for stocking somethign again and their sales people don't even know about it.

<small>[ July 29, 2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: VanillaThunder ]</small>

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Can anyone verify if these games will be loose or CIB?

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
Loose I'm afraid. :(

All the old packaging was pitched long ago to save on storage space.

<small>[ July 29, 2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Talen ]</small>

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Talen:
Loose I'm afraid. :(

All the old packaging was pitched long ago to save on storage space.
Ah fuck that.

I demand my games to be complete nowadays.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
Does anyone know if they will be selling them in the EB Canadian stores?

I already have 3 NGPC's, but, just the thought of being able to walk into a game store and puchace a new Neo Geo game/system............sorry, had to go prevent prostate cancer :D

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
I am happy everybody i enjoying the news..BUT WHAT GAMESSS????I work as a store manager but nobody knows..If u have any info please post it thanks

Yeah, I would like to know myself, as if none of the packages come with Match of the Millenium, I will probably not buy one.

If I buy an NGPC, I need that game.